Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.henryfordfairlane.org
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here is from their website. "The prize winner or winners assume all fees, local, state and federal taxes (including, but not limited to, income taxes based on the value of the prize or prizes), financing costs (including, but not limited to, closing costs, title insurance, and transfer tax and fees), which must be paid on prizes valued at $5,000.00 or more. The Organization takes no responsibility for any tax liabilities. Consult your tax advisor. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law, and all federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. "
Great question and thank you for referencing this! Yes, the winner assumes all taxes, but being a sweepstakes, the tax laws are a little different than from a raffle.

Instead of the taxes having to be paid upfront, to the awarder (Henry Ford Estate) so they can remit them to the IRS and report them via W-2G, a sweepstakes prize's tax value is reported via 1099-MISC. This means the taxes do not need to be paid until the end of the calendar year in which the award was provided. We intentionally time our sweepstakes so that the winner doesn't have to pay taxes until the end of 2023 (since we don't turn over the vehicle until after 1/1), allowing them time to plan accordingly while still getting to drive and enjoy the Braptor.

OP
OP
HenryFordEstate-Cody
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Don't think I can win since I work for Ford.... donated anyways
You can win! We made sure that Ford Motor Company employees would be eligible. While the language in the FAQ on TapKat's website is very broad, we made sure, with our attorneys, that the only ineligible donors would be Henry Ford Estate and TapKat employees. This is because we're the only two organizations that have the ability to draw the winning numbers.

Good luck!

OP
OP
HenryFordEstate-Cody
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I can't find any information about the raffle by going to the house website. Am I missing it? Just trying to verify the legitimacy of the raffle.
Really good observation as I also question sweepstakes like these.

We're doing a soft launch and have not made a push to advertise the sweepstakes yet to the general public. This is our justification for doing early bird directed promotions to previous donors, dedicated Bronco fans, and a few select other groups. Our plan is to launch the sweepstakes on our website next week while also launching it on our Facebook, after the directed early bird promos are complete.

There will be a general public early bird promo next week, but it won't be 40% bonus entries.

If you're still concerned, do not not hesitate to email or call the Estate to verify. Thank you for your concern though!

Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really good observation as I also question sweepstakes like these.

We're doing a soft launch and have not made a push to advertise the sweepstakes yet to the general public. This is our justification for doing early bird directed promotions to previous donors, dedicated Bronco fans, and a few select other groups. Our plan is to launch the sweepstakes on our website next week while also launching it on our Facebook, after the directed early bird promos are complete.

There will be a general public early bird promo next week, but it won't be 40% bonus entries.

If you're still concerned, do not not hesitate to email or call the Estate to verify. Thank you for your concern though!
Gotcha. I went ahead and bought tickets. Thank you for the time and response! Fingers Crossed, LOL

Wingman335

Badlands
First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3, J200 Land Cruiser, FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are the donations/costs for the tickets tax deductible?

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there!

Calling all Braptor fans! This is your chance to win a 2022 Bronco Raptor, Area-51 with the Lux package, while supporting the small Dearborn, Michigan nonprofit I work with: Henry Ford Estate: Fair Lane, Home of Clara and Henry Ford. While I'm just the team's finance guy, I wanted to share this opportunity with Bronco lovers directly as I want to see this beast get in the hands of someone that will actually drive it.

I'm sharing a promo code that will give all Bronco6G members 40% more entries when donating to the sweepstakes through Sunday, June 12: BRONCO6GEARLY.

CLICK HERE FOR 40% MORE ENTRIES
https://www.tapkat.org/fair-lane-home-of-clara-and-henry-ford/v5R3xE?promo=BRONCO6GEARLY

Absolutely any support is immensely appreciated! If you have any recommendations on how to help this fundraiser grow, please be sure to message me!

1654801144162.png

Also, thank you to everyone that's been sharing their opinions on my welcome post regarding desired SWAG. It's beyond appreciated and will help me better develop some fun incentives for participating in this sweepstakes.

Lastly, a huge thank you to the mods for allowing me to share this here and elsewhere! Without your support, I couldn't get this in the hands of those that deserve a Braptor the most!

FAQ
  • Who are you? This sounds like a scam.
    • I promise that this isn't a scam (that's exactly what a scammer would say, but I'm not). I'm Cody Tousignant, Director of Finance and Administration, at Henry Ford Estate: Fair Lane, Home of Clara and Henry Ford. Last year we had a sweepstakes for a custom RTR Ford Bronco and the winner was a Dearborn native. I actually got to meet the winner and handed him the keys! He didn't want to make a big deal about winning it so we couldn't publicly advertise it like we wanted to. Prior to that, we did a raffle for a 2020 Roush Stage 3 Mustang.
  • When will the winning ticket be drawn?
    • December 30, 2022.
  • Why'd you pick Area-51 as the color instead of Code Orange?
    • I know this sucks, but we did it to appeal to the most people. I personally love Code Orange, but I recognize that some donors may despise it so we went with the safer choice.
  • YOU STOLE MY CHANCE TO BUY A BRAPTOR JUST TO GIVE IT AWAY!
    • I sure hope not! We acquired our Braptor through a different pool/channel than consumers have access to. This means that we didn't take away your chance to buy one!
  • Can I share this promo code?
    • Technically, yes. While I'd love for this to be exclusive to Bronco lovers, I'd also love for this to be a successful fundraiser, so share away!
  • What does the money support?
    • All profits are invested into the restoration and operations of the Estate, a public charity, with a portion going toward overhead like utilities, insurance, and security. Our small team of dedicated professionals works to highlight the craftsmanship of the artisans that built Fair Lane in 1915. We also get to restore some fun engineering marvels like Henry Ford's and Thomas Edison's hydro-powered generator that used to power the Estate and part of Dearborn, MI.
  • Is Fair Lane even open?
    • The Historic Gardens are open 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM, 7-days a week, and it's completely free to access! However, the buildings are all closed for restoration.
  • When will Fair Lane be open again?
    • It will be a long, phased opening, but I hope soon! My personal goal is to have such a successful sweepstakes that we can open the Clara and Henry's house at the end of 2023.
  • I want to see the inside!
  • What's the story behind Fair Lane?
    • The 1915 Estate was the home of Clara and Henry Ford up until their deaths in 1950 and 1947, respectively. Being an older home, the Ford family auctioned off most of the furniture and then transferred ownership to Ford Motor Company to use for their archives. In 1957, the Estate and a considerable chunk of land was donated to the University of Michigan so they could build an engineering campus near FMC headquarters. Up until 2010, the Estate was used as office and event space, essentially destroying its historical integrity. In 2013, the Estate, and a smaller parcel of land, was transferred to a public charity: Henry Ford Estate. The Estate's restoration was managed by the same leadership as the Edsel and Eleanor Ford House, in Grosse Pointe Shores, until 2019 when Henry Ford Estate began managing its own restoration.
  • How can I learn more and follow the Estate's restoration?
  • I still have a question...
    • Post it here and I'll try my best to answer it!
PS: we're not marketing professionals. We're just dedicated professionals that have a passion for building our community based nonprofit. As such, I apologize for any clerical errors in this post!

View attachment 337643
I entered this morning but did not receive an email with my ticket info. My card was charged. Who should I contact?

OP
OP
HenryFordEstate-Cody
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I entered this morning but did not receive an email with my ticket info. My card was charged. Who should I contact?
You can email [email protected] with the details of the entry, and the email address a receipt should have been sent to, and I'll get it handled for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HenryFordEstate-Cody
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are the donations/costs for the tickets tax deductible?
I know this answer is annoying, but we defer to some legal jargon, "Your ticket purchase is a donation to the nonprofit Fair Lane: Home of Clara and Henry Ford. Check with your accountant to determine if your donation is tax-deductible. We do not warrant that your donation is or is not tax-deductible."

This is because everyone's tax situation is different and there are typically thresholds on how much someone can deduct from their adjusted gross income for charitable contributions. Prior to COVID stuff, it was a maximum of 60%, but I think it's currently 100% of your AGI can be deducted for charitable contributions. With that, as long as your not trying to donate more than your AGI, then you should be able to deduct this, but I'd still recommend asking a tax accountant.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in! Worth a shot... Donated!!!

OP
OP
HenryFordEstate-Cody
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't mean to spam thread watcher notifications, but I want to send out a MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone that has participated so far. I'm truly humbled by how such a tightknit community could come together and support our small team.

In less than 24 hours, Bronco6G members raised $17,000 for Fair Lane! The 40% bonus promotion expires Sunday at midnight, but everyone here has already been a huge help in making this fundraiser successful. To be completely transparent, it took our team 40+ days to earn $17,000 from last year's sweepstakes; you knocked that amount out in less than 1 day.

You are ALL amazing and I'm beyond appreciative of everything this community has done for our team - thank you again!

While we don't publicly display this work, I wanted to give everyone a special peek into some of the Estate's ongoing restoration and cool spaces. I just ran through the Estate to take these so please excuse the poor quality. WARNING: IMAGE OVERLOAD

Recently Renovated Library - while the books don't look neatly organized, they are Clara and Henry's originals and some even have handwritten notes! Our team decided it was important to make the library look just like Clara and Henry would have had it.
Ford Bronco Win a Bronco Raptor - BONUS ENTRIES through Sunday (6/12) 0

Master Suite Restoration - these are Clara's and Henry's actual beds. The two doors lead to their Sleeping Porch which has views down to the Rogue River (see next photo).
Ford Bronco Win a Bronco Raptor - BONUS ENTRIES through Sunday (6/12) 1

Clara's and Henry's Sleeping Porch Views - this space is under restoration, but when the 7 windows are opened, you get an amazing breeze and you get to hear the Rogue River crashing down the dam and past the hydro powered Powerhouse.
Ford Bronco Win a Bronco Raptor - BONUS ENTRIES through Sunday (6/12) 2

Edsel's Bathroom Restoration - Edsel was Clara's and Henry's son, but he didn't live in the Estate long. We're currently working to restore his bathroom, dressing room, and bedroom. Neat fact, Henry has compressed air pumped to each bathroom that could be used to dry your hair, or body, or fill a bike tire if you really wanted.
Ford Bronco Win a Bronco Raptor - BONUS ENTRIES through Sunday (6/12) 3

Bowling Alley (Needs Restoration) - this is just a fun, but not currently functional, space. We haven't had the funds to restore this space yet. I'm excited to one day see this operational with the original ball return system!
Ford Bronco Win a Bronco Raptor - BONUS ENTRIES through Sunday (6/12) 4

Tunnel (Needs Restoration) - this is the tunnel connecting the Main House with the Powerhouse/Garage. I LOVE this space and it saves me from having to walk in the rain when traveling between buildings. Henry would walk this tunnel each evening as he would go to his lab in the Powerhouse. Aside from some additional conduit and sealants, most of this tunnel is original with some piping still used to get our hot/chilled HVAC water/coolant to the house. Some of these pipes are also connected to a whole Estate vacuum system.
Ford Bronco Win a Bronco Raptor - BONUS ENTRIES through Sunday (6/12) 5

Generator Room (Needs Restoration) - this is also a very cool space, but is not functional. I tried to include a bit of the Rogue River dam which helps control waterflow into the turbine's three channels through the headrace. We haven't touched this space and we're really excited to one day make this accessible to the public.
Ford Bronco Win a Bronco Raptor - BONUS ENTRIES through Sunday (6/12) 6

Garage (Inside - Needs Restoration) - understandably so, Henry had a huge garage with a turntable that would allow his drivers to pull in and easily park his vehicles. Clara actually didn't like driving ICE Ford vehicles, so she drove a Detroit Electric car that she'd plug in to the right of the 1901 Ford Sweepstakes Race Car Replica we have now.
Ford Bronco Win a Bronco Raptor - BONUS ENTRIES through Sunday (6/12) 7

Outside of the Garage - the Historic Gardens have been thoughtfully maintained for decades and our Grounds team is INCREDIBLE! A team of two full-time team members, some part-time seasonals, and some dedicated volunteers maintain the 10ish acres of greenery. Since the Estate's buildings have been closed for some time, the Gardens are what bring most guests in and coming back.
Ford Bronco Win a Bronco Raptor - BONUS ENTRIES through Sunday (6/12) 8

Scale Statues of Henry and Clara - guests get to take a seat next to Clara and Henry as they overlook Clara's rose garden.
Ford Bronco Win a Bronco Raptor - BONUS ENTRIES through Sunday (6/12) 9

Rose Garden, Tea House, and Pool Room Terrace - we're hosting a Member's Garden Party this Sunday and I love how this entire landscape looks. Beauty like this gives me reason to actually step away from my desk and go for a walk.
Ford Bronco Win a Bronco Raptor - BONUS ENTRIES through Sunday (6/12) 10

DeggoT93

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't mean to spam thread watcher notifications, but I want to send out a MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone that has participated so far. I'm truly humbled by how such a tightknit community could come together and support our small team.

In less than 24 hours, Bronco6G members raised $17,000 for Fair Lane! The 40% bonus promotion expires Sunday at midnight, but everyone here has already been a huge help in making this fundraiser successful. To be completely transparent, it took our team 40+ days to earn $17,000 from last year's sweepstakes; you knocked that amount out in less than 1 day.

You are ALL amazing and I'm beyond appreciative of everything this community has done for our team - thank you again!

While we don't publicly display this work, I wanted to give everyone a special peek into some of the Estate's ongoing restoration and cool spaces. I just ran through the Estate to take these so please excuse the poor quality. WARNING: IMAGE OVERLOAD

Recently Renovated Library - while the books don't look neatly organized, they are Clara and Henry's originals and some even have handwritten notes! Our team decided it was important to make the library look just like Clara and Henry would have had it.

Master Suite Restoration - these are Clara's and Henry's actual beds. The two doors lead to their Sleeping Porch which has views down to the Rogue River (see next photo).

Clara's and Henry's Sleeping Porch Views - this space is under restoration, but when the 7 windows are opened, you get an amazing breeze and you get to hear the Rogue River crashing down the dam and past the hydro powered Powerhouse.

Edsel's Bathroom Restoration - Edsel was Clara's and Henry's son, but he didn't live in the Estate long. We're currently working to restore his bathroom, dressing room, and bedroom. Neat fact, Henry has compressed air pumped to each bathroom that could be used to dry your hair, or body, or fill a bike tire if you really wanted.

Bowling Alley (Needs Restoration) - this is just a fun, but not currently functional, space. We haven't had the funds to restore this space yet. I'm excited to one day see this operational with the original ball return system!

Tunnel (Needs Restoration) - this is the tunnel connecting the Main House with the Powerhouse/Garage. I LOVE this space and it saves me from having to walk in the rain when traveling between buildings. Henry would walk this tunnel each evening as he would go to his lab in the Powerhouse. Aside from some additional conduit and sealants, most of this tunnel is original with some piping still used to get our hot/chilled HVAC water/coolant to the house. Some of these pipes are also connected to a whole Estate vacuum system.

Generator Room (Needs Restoration) - this is also a very cool space, but is not functional. I tried to include a bit of the Rogue River dam which helps control waterflow into the turbine's three channels through the headrace. We haven't touched this space and we're really excited to one day make this accessible to the public.

Garage (Inside - Needs Restoration) - understandably so, Henry had a huge garage with a turntable that would allow his drivers to pull in and easily park his vehicles. Clara actually didn't like driving ICE Ford vehicles, so she drove a Detroit Electric car that she'd plug in to the right of the 1901 Ford Sweepstakes Race Car Replica we have now.

Outside of the Garage - the Historic Gardens have been thoughtfully maintained for decades and our Grounds team is INCREDIBLE! A team of two full-time team members, some part-time seasonals, and some dedicated volunteers maintain the 10ish acres of greenery. Since the Estate's buildings have been closed for some time, the Gardens are what bring most guests in and coming back.

Scale Statues of Henry and Clara - guests get to take a seat next to Clara and Henry as they overlook Clara's rose garden.

Rose Garden, Tea House, and Pool Room Terrace - we're hosting a Member's Garden Party this Sunday and I love how this entire landscape looks. Beauty like this gives me reason to actually step away from my desk and go for a walk.
Since next month will be two years since I put in my reservation I figure I’ve got as good a chance at winning as I do actually getting the Bronco I ordered. If nothing else than happy to support a good cause
Sponsored