First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw TDI 6spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeep made an oem gorilla glass or something along those lines, but after the cost to install it you could install about 5 aftermarket windows for the price. Also Jeep gorilla glass was only 40% or so stronger than the regular OEM and aftermarket.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does help, however a large chunk of ours have actually happened by rocks from the other lane/crap on the roads. Part of the issue is there is a LOT of construction where I live as it is the fastest growing zip in the state and one of the fastest in the nation. With it a large increase in traffic and road construction. It is just one of those things, when I got the mustangs windshield replaced a few years ago as it started cracking it had so many chips/nicks it had a star effect across it.
Heavy construction is just going to be a problem that's hard to control for.

BMWs have notoriously soft windshield glass and for those of his with HUD, a replacement is around $1000 for OEM glass. However, I haven't had a crack that required attention in about 5 years or so.. That is glass that is a PITA.

Rocks are just a part of driving risk, which sucks. On trails, I'll have to give a good gap between me and whoever I'm wheeling with, but I know I'll be dealing with a cracked windshield at some point in my future. Safelite will make a ton off of us just like they do with Wrangler wheelers. ?

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Go drive along I80 in WY In winter. It’s brutal. WYDOT uses gravel to aid traction. I needed a new windshield and coat of paint for my GX460 bumper and mirrors.

My guess crack magnet.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco windshield doesnt seem overly 'upright' to me. If you dont follow big trucks and dont tail-gate in general it should be fine.

Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here in CO, we don't sand our roads when it snows... we "gravel" them. Pretty uncommon for me not to at least have a chip (or 4). I am on my forth windshield in the 2017 JK... and the current one has a 4" crack in the bottom center. I will see if I can get gorilla glass next time as I have heard it is less prone to the longitudinal cracks and typically just has a small chip with rock strikes. I am sure they will do a gorilla glass for the Bronco eventually too.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Windshield rock magnet? 1597445176720

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bronco windshield doesnt seem overly 'upright' to me. If you dont follow big trucks and dont tail-gate in general it should be fine.
Where I live it doesn't come from the vehicle in front most of the time it comes from the vehicles coming in the other direction.

The Bronco doesn't look overly prone to cracked glass but I repair 3 or 4 chips a year and just deal with cracked windshields. Ill just assume it won't be much different.

I remember taking a work truck into town to replace the windshield. Waited around for it to be done... On my way back a semi in the other lane kicked up a golf-ball sized rock and demolished the glass directly in the line of sight. Shit happens. Ha

Drove it back to the jobsite with a windshield even worse than the one I left with.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lost a side view mirror to a rock as I sat on the side of the road reading a map. Scared the crap out of me.

Remembering paper maps.......

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With Jeep Wranglers and their flat upright windshield, they seem to be prone to getting chips and cracks in the windshield. What does the Bronco6G gang think about the new Bronco being a rock magnet?
It’s inevitable, the aerodynamics don’t allow for the air to transition over it as smooth as most passenger cars. Make sure you have glass coverage and you’re good.

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The JL windshield is at more of an angle than the JK, anyone know if the new Bronco windshield is a bit more angled than the JL? I think so, maybe it won't be so bad.

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With Jeep Wranglers and their flat upright windshield, they seem to be prone to getting chips and cracks in the windshield. What does the Bronco6G gang think about the new Bronco being a rock magnet?
Every single vehicle I have ever owned has had at least one cracked windshield, some more than one. Only one of those was a Wrangler.

So no, I’m not particularly worried about the Bronco windshield. A cracked windshield is just an inevitability for me at this point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a FJ so it can't be any worse. Honestly I don't really worry about it. I have zero glass deductible and just have them replaced when it gets bad enough. Goes against your comprehensive coverage and doesn't effect rates.