2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you live in CO, its parts of life. Have had windshields replaced on the f150, wrangler and grand cherokee all in the last 7mos. Thats also why I purchased the additional glass coverage on the most recent new vehicle (1 replacement covered that charge) and have additional glass coverage for the other 2 vehicles through my insurance carrier.

BigCatKale

Everglades
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Everglades / 2021 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

If anything like my FJ it will take hits like nothing else. Eventually I got very good a glass repair kits. :ROFLMAO:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had my current JKU for 5 years and not even a stone chip on the windshield. (Never had a leak on the hardtop either for those keeping score at home). In the 25+ years of vehicle ownership I only rembember replacing 1 windshields due to a stone chip that spread.

OP
OP
eatworksleepdie

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had my current JKU for 5 years and not even a stone chip on the windshield. (Never had a leak on the hardtop either for those keeping score at home). In the 25+ years of vehicle ownership I only rembember replacing 1 windshields due to a stone chip that spread.
Oh man, you just Jynxed yourself super hard. better knock on wood or something real quick! :D

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My mazdas hood is a rock magnet owned the car less than 2 years already 30+ chips in the hood and just had one in the windshield replaced so honestly can't be worse

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only vehicle I had trouble with windshields was a LR Discovery. It wouldn't just chip, it would crack. I went through 3 windshields. The last one broke 2 weeks after replacement & I refused to replace it again. I hated that POS, but my wife loved it. Would have pushed it off a clif if I could have. Thank goodness for cash for clunkers, finally let me get rid of that lemon.

On my 76 Bronco, the only trouble I had was in snow. The top mounted wipers would pack the snow to the top of the window & then every now & then a big chunk would fall & the wipers would play hockey with it while obstructing an already small windshield.

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AS long as it is not a sound shield windshield it should be fine. I had to have the windshield of my 2016 mustang replace because of a rock. It hit on the top of the windshield on the drivers side and promptly cracked and ran down and over to the passenger side. Luckily it has been the only one I have had to replace .

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stop tailgating? I'm thinking I have to get closer.....

Seriously, I can't tie any chip to tailgating.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Knock on wood but I have had no issues with my 2014 Silverados windshield in 6 years.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea...no not that simple. 99%of my rock chips come straight off of oncoming traffic. Almost NEVER from the vehicle in front of me. And I've had more rock chips and broken windshields than i can possibly count.

In that case, you have to slow way down to reduce your closing speed to an acceptable level.
Why you always in such a rush?

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had two FJ's and neither of them ever broke. I drove them all over the country and in winters with sand and gravel on the road. That was one of the most upright windows in modern times.

BigCatKale

Everglades
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Everglades / 2021 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I had two FJ's and neither of them ever broke. I drove them all over the country and in winters with sand and gravel on the road. That was one of the most upright windows in modern times.
Guess some people are luckier than others. When I got mine, I took it on a summer vacation 1 week later from OK through CO, WY, MT and back through SD, NE, and KS. By the time I got home I had 4 glass dings and barely 5k miles. And at least a dozen more over the next 4 years. Oddly enought, I have never had as much as a ding on a windshield since I traded it 3 years ago.

So I guess the moral of the story is that each will have different luck, but the design does add a potential risk that maybe other models don't have.
Sponsored