Jerame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRF450x, 2014 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was parked in the sun all day today and came out and saw this. Anyone see this before? It looks like the heat may have caused it? Not sure.
Ford Bronco Windshield weather strip issue. AC835F03-0EEA-4243-B566-9B132EE131C2
Ford Bronco Windshield weather strip issue. DEBB071C-323A-41AC-9ADB-EEBBC437F680
Ford Bronco Windshield weather strip issue. 94D0C7B7-981A-43AA-B43C-49FA7D484746
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was parked in the sun all day today and came out and saw this. Anyone see this before? It looks like the heat may have caused it? Not sure.
Good morning. We would definitely like to take a closer look at this on our end. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What’s the defect we’re looking at here friend?

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I wasn’t the only one wondering… That buckling plastic piece? That’s not weatherstripping, but it shouldn’t do that in the sun.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heat? It’s still -7C this morning here in southern Alberta…this runaway global warming is freezing us out.

I’ll check on mine when/if it ever warms up. Thanks for making me aware.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are retainers built into the front edge of the windshield cowl. Some of mine were not properly fastened upon delivery. I'm not sure that is the same issue that you are having, but I can see that at least one is currently undone. To make matters worse, the length of my cowl was about an 1/8" too long to fit between the mirror cowls without overlapping on one end. The overlap kept it from fastening down along the front edge. I ended up ordering a replacement cowl and it fits much better.

OP
OP
BroncoJerm

BroncoJerm

Badlands
First Name
Jerame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRF450x, 2014 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are retainers built into the front edge of the windshield cowl. Some of mine were not properly fastened upon delivery. I'm not sure that is the same issue that you are having, but I can see that at least one is currently undone. To make matters worse, the length of my cowl was about an 1/8" too long to fit between the mirror cowls without overlapping on one end. The overlap kept it from fastening down along the front edge. I ended up ordering a replacement cowl and it fits much better.

Yes those retainers are showing and will not reseat now. My main concern is that the windshield started to crack and is propagating from somewhere underneath the buckling plastic piece. I have not messed with it yet and plan to take it to the dealer.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

have you checked the clips on the cowl piece? When I first picked up my Bronco one of the clips that hold it down was broken, so it had to be replaced. If it's not secured down and you open the hood, the hood will catch it and pry it up and break it.

BSchaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Aviator, 2015 Ford 250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same issue! Happened Saturday we had a hot and humid day here in NC.

A2E9D6E0-C600-43F4-9086-F11259E6B27E.jpeg
Sponsored