Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a really stupid question, that I expect to take heat on but I don’t care - how does one remove the wiper blade?

I read the owners manual, and it didn’t help. I see there’s two pieces you can squeeze on either side, but I don’t think I should have to use force to remove them. Any tips or pictures that might help?

I ended up picking up a pair of better wiper blades instead of going the warranty route.

Thanks in advance.

Ford Bronco Windshield Wiper Issue? E357F11A-97D1-46CF-AB9F-996208A06228

Ford Bronco Windshield Wiper Issue? 18536CF0-8C33-4D14-8A8A-BC2C1B0826EF
Sponsored

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortuntely that didn’t help. I even used the same glass cleaner he had in the video.

Its first wipe is fine, but as it comes back it staggers. Annoying AF. With this heavy rain it shouldn’t do that.
Dried out blades can get stiff and stutter. I have had some luck with Armour All. Obviously they should not be dried out and stiff already, but maybe just a bad set got put on? Next step, replace then with a better after market blade. I like RainX.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From what I read in the OM you should be able to pull up that little "knurled" thingy to release the blade. And, then there is a little thing on the underside of the arm you push to get the blade to slide off. It's sad that something as simple as changing a wiper blade can be so danged aggravating. But, it's been a long time since I've changed a set that was easy, And, those are on my '67 Camaro.

Oh, one tip. Grab a towel, and lay it on the windshield just in case the wiper arm flops down. Don't wanna be cracking that windshield.

BTW, about every 6 months I go over my windshield with 0000 steel wool, and some window cleaner. It gets all that little stuck on crap off that just using a cleaner won't.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I read in the OM you should be able to pull up that little "knurled" thingy to release the blade. And, then there is a little thing on the underside of the arm you push to get the blade to slide off. It's sad that something as simple as changing a wiper blade can be so danged aggravating. But, it's been a long time since I've changed a set that was easy, And, those are on my '67 Camaro.

Oh, one tip. Grab a towel, and lay it on the windshield just in case the wiper arm flops down. Don't wanna be cracking that windshield.

BTW, about every 6 months I go over my windshield with 0000 steel wool, and some window cleaner. It gets all that little stuck on crap off that just using a cleaner won't.
Thanks, I just figured it out.

You press inward the two plastic side clips you see in my picture, then while doing that pull away/outward from the wiper arm. It’s actually easy once you do it one time.

Appreciate your help!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, I just figured it out.

You press inward the two plastic side clips you see in my picture, then while doing that pull away/outward from the wiper arm. It’s actually easy once you do it one time.

Appreciate your help!
Good deal brother. So, basically the OM is usless in this endeavor. :)

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey folks,

Just curious if anyone else is running into an issue with the windshield wipers? It seems to be "stuttering" across the windshield (can't think of a better term, sorry) where it bounces across the windshield. Even with heavy rain on a low speed setting.

Anyone else run into this? Any resolution? I imagine it's something to do with the pressure of the wiper blades to the windshield.

Thanks!
Hi there! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this windshield wiper concern for you on my end. Thanks!

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this windshield wiper concern for you on my end. Thanks!
Why bother?

Last time I DM'd you all that info, you told me you couldn't help me because I'm a Canadian customer. :unsure: Might be a good gesture to pass along Canadian customer concerns to Ford Canada on their behalf, if you're going to offer to assist. 🤷‍♂️

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why bother?

Last time I DM'd you all that info, you told me you couldn't help me because I'm a Canadian customer. :unsure: Might be a good gesture to pass along Canadian customer concerns to Ford Canada on their behalf, if you're going to offer to assist. 🤷‍♂️

Ford Bronco Windshield Wiper Issue? 1646931827116

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why bother?

Well now, to be fair, you didn't put an "eh" in there anywhere. So, they probably didn't know you were in Canada, eh............. 🤪 😇

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's the only stuff I use already, but thanks! It's awesome glass cleaner for sure.
I agree. All of the car product makers have a glass cleaner but you just can't beat Stoners Invisible Glass. On top of being the best it is literally the cheapest of them all as well. Comes in several delivery systems, all for about $4 a bottle/can. I like the one that sprays like a foam.

I would scrub the glass with a ph neutral car wash and mircrofiber mit and then hit the glass with the Stoners. As suggested, once it is nice and clean, use some rainx or comparable sealer product like Griots. Between that and the new blades you should be in good shape.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My badlands sas is 6 months old from build date and wiper blades have cracked, split and have bumps all over them!?!
Sponsored