Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine stopped too and it was the pump. Ford replaced it . Took a bit a its built in to the panels but it's working fine now. Fingers crossed it stays that way....,
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine stopped too and it was the pump. Ford replaced it . Took a bit a its built in to the panels but it's working fine now. Fingers crossed it stays that way....,
I really hope they have the part on hand and I don't have to come back. It's 45 min drive each way. Scheduled for next Tuesday.

F1NDx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@redone17 This happened to me the other week. Oddly the fuse was blown, not the pump. Check that. Might save you the time.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@F1NDx - will do! Thanks.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Long shot. Is the tank vented? I had an issue on a previous vehicle where the washer would work a little then just barely dribble. It turned out that the tank wasn't vented and couldn't draw in any air. Try it with the cap open on the reservoir. Worth a shot.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@F1NDx - no such luck. Looks fine visually. Swapped it with the rear windshield wiper (which I donā€™t even have the prep kit) - still nothing.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I had to pick up my truck after service was closed - so, Iā€™ll call and get the full story in the morning - but, from what I can decipher from the notes is they removed wheel, wheel liner, reservoir and then installed the new pump and that did nothing. Ended up taking the wipers and the cowl off and finding a pinch in the hose. Flushed it and then it was fixed. Thatā€™s a lot of free warranty hours for a $40 part! I would have been livid if I did the work myself. Itā€™s certainly worth having to go back to the dealer thatā€™s 40 min away - twice - because they needed a tech to assess the problem before ordering any parts. Guess he/she didnā€™t assess well enough upon the first inspection.

How/why would that happen after 16 months - who knows?

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, it happens. Weā€™ve had several instances where we thought we were out of fluid. Something wrong with the design, for sureā€¦ šŸ™
Same. Happens to me intermittently. The washer fluid also needs tobe pretty full all the time. It doesn't work very well if it's wven a little bit low.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same. Happens to me intermittently. The washer fluid also needs tobe pretty full all the time. It doesn't work very well if it's wven a little bit low.
I'd check for a pinch in the hose like I mentioned above.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where was your pinch at?
They said under the cowl. Seems odd to me after it worked for 16 months. But, zero problems since.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For anyone else check fuse #16 in the under hood fuse box. Ours quit when it was in the neg temps. I even tho I always buy quality -25/-30F fluid. I thought oh well it froze. Well we got back into the upper thirties. And it still didnā€™t work I went looking around and found the fuse was blown.
Ford Bronco Windshield Wiper Fluid Pump Issues IMG_2979

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had my pump go out. Took forever to get dealership to even get me an appointment. I have a 21 with 33k miles so worried about it before warranty. They told me it was a wire that got pinched in the fender well somewhere. Going to replace it this time under warranty but tried to say it was my fault. I do have an ARB compressor and winch mounted with wires run to upfitter switches and has been that way almost since the day I got it over 2 years ago. I have never once messed with the fender area so don't see how that was the issue.

It seems when anyone adds aftermarket they blame you for anything.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just had my pump go out. Took forever to get dealership to even get me an appointment. I have a 21 with 33k miles so worried about it before warranty. They told me it was a wire that got pinched in the fender well somewhere. Going to replace it this time under warranty but tried to say it was my fault. I do have an ARB compressor and winch mounted with wires run to upfitter switches and has been that way almost since the day I got it over 2 years ago. I have never once messed with the fender area so don't see how that was the issue.

It seems when anyone adds aftermarket they blame you for anything.
Shady dealer doing shady things.
Sponsored