First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone planning on keeping my bronco til it gets retired to the pasture, I don’t give two shits what month my 2021 bronco arrives in. It’s a relative to me. I think people get to wrapped up in MYs too much....
Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But why? And why the obsession from others over $1000 of resale between a 21 and a 22? I mean no disrespect but this all sounds silly to me. I want a Bronco, and I'll get a Bronco.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that I care personally because I don't plan to sell, but the MY21 will probably hold a premium for collectible reasons.
Collectible…..Bwahahahahaha!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t understand why with the Bronco everyone is obsessing over models years like this when no one would do that with any other car.

A MY21 produced in Nov compared to a MY22 produced in Dec, assuming no option or mechanical differences, should have relatively the same mileage and wear and tear with one another.

Buyer A wont worry about MY and shop them against each other based on condition.

Buyer B will worry about age, but will run VIN for production date, realize they are weeks apart, and shop them against each other based on condition.

All Broncos should be 2022MY. I think the fact that Ford is clinging to 2021MY is all about pride so they can say they kept the promise of a 2021MY launch. It’s silly. I’ll be a little butt hurt if I get a 2021 in November or December but I’ll get over it.
What about the units that will be delivered in the next few weeks, mid 2021, with 2021 options? Those can‘t be a MY22.

Agreed, I wonder if kbb and nada will take it into account come trade in time
They’ll take it into account the way they do with every other car out there.

I still can't believe ford advertises 2021 on the b&p
Because it’s MY21 options and pricing that are on the website. As soon as the MY22 options and pricing is released and put on the website, they’ll change what it says. They‘re advertising MY21 Broncos. That’s all it is.

But what if both have 50k? The 2022 will be more valuable despite the fact that the 2021 could be only a couple of months older.
Or the MY21 will be more valuable because it was driven less frequently and has less wear and tear.

It really depends on the buyer and how they approach their car buying decision... The Bronco is no different than any other used car.

Isn’t the model year changeover usually in September anyway? If so, wouldn’t they really be 21 1/2s at this point... not that I care, I’d just like to know when to expect mine to be built.
MY change over is in December. MAP will shut down for a couple weeks during the changeover, but that’s it. Production will otherwise roll from one into the other.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t understand why with the Bronco everyone is obsessing over models years like this when no one would do that with any other car.

A MY21 produced in Nov compared to a MY22 produced in Dec, assuming no option or mechanical differences, should have relatively the same mileage and wear and tear with one another.

Buyer A wont worry about MY and shop them against each other based on condition.

Buyer B will worry about age, but will run VIN for production date, realize they are weeks apart, and shop them against each other based on condition.

What about the units that will be delivered in the next few weeks, mid 2021, with 2021 options? Those can‘t be a MY22.

They’ll take it into account the way they do with every other car out there.

Because it’s MY21 options and pricing that are on the website. As soon as the MY22 options and pricing is released and put on the website, they’ll change what it says. They‘re advertising MY21 Broncos. That’s all it is.

Or the MY21 will be more valuable because it was driven less frequently and has less wear and tear.

It really depends on the buyer and how they approach their car buying decision... The Bronco is no different than any other used car.

MY change over is in December. MAP will shut down for a couple weeks during the changeover, but that’s it. Production will otherwise roll from one into the other.
While it's theoretically true that there may not be much of a difference between a super late MY2021 and super early MY2022 with similar options, there is still the unknown of exclusive MY2022 options. New colors, mod top, dual tops, and whatever else they come out with will have an impact.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everything is relative. If your buying a2021 for resale value, then you might as well plan on keeping it for a long while. Most people would prefer a new vehicle- period. Once the hype of the new models die down there will be sales and discounts on Broncos just like every other vehicle. From a buyers perspective - used Broncos will be like used sports cars. You always wonder how much they have been beaten.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer 2021 build no matter when I get it. I want year one. Fewer the better.
Agree

Not that I care personally because I don't plan to sell, but the MY21 will probably hold a premium for collectible reasons.
Exactly.

Collectible…..Bwahahahahaha!
So short sighted. In '65 the mustang was a secretary's car, now go try and buy a survivor. Have you priced a first gen Bronco? Have you priced what an International Scout is going for these days?

I do understand how a cheaper mass produced vehicle can seem to be not a collectible when they are being produced. What makes a collectible is rarity. Time marches on, just sayin'; if you bought a dollar's worth of bitcoin in 2008 you could be a millionaire today. The point is value changes, the most sought after units will be the MY21.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While it's theoretically true that there may not be much of a difference between a super late MY2021 and super early MY2022 with similar options, there is still the unknown of exclusive MY2022 options. New colors, mod top, dual tops, and whatever else they come out with will have an impact.
Sure, but then that’s only an issue for buyers who are looking for that new option.

Two identically optioned Broncos, with similar wear and mileage, it won’t actually matter in the end what MY is stamped on it.

If the next model year has improvements or corrections, then it matters, but that’s apples and oranges and nothing to do with MY. (See also: rolling changes within the same MY.)

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get why everyone is so hung up on model years. I don't care if I have a MY21 delivered in March of 22. Just build one for me.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It should be fine. I think mileage/condition will ultimately be the biggest difference after the warranty runs out. In a few years I’d rather buy a used 2021 with 50k miles than a 2022 with 60k miles.
Sure, but then that’s only an issue for buyers who are looking for that new option.

Two identically optioned Broncos, with similar wear and mileage, it won’t actually matter in the end what MY is stamped on it.

If the next model year has improvements or corrections, then it matters, but that’s apples and oranges and nothing to do with MY. (See also: rolling changes within the same MY.)
I actually agree (see my previous posts). I can just see both sides of the argument, but I do think people in the know won't care as much as the average consumer just looking for a used Bronco.

I originally had the painted mod top on my order but switched because I wanted my Bronco ASAP. If I get a mic top in December 2021 and somebody else gets a mod top in January 2022 I'll shed a tear but it will be fine.

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rare, but a bit of a mess enginering wise. 260 instead of the 289. Generators instead of alternators, flywheel is a different thickness. I forget what else. I miss my '65
True, the 64.5's were hastily put together with Falcon parts. The early Mustang's were basically Falcon's anyway. Ford is obviously not being hasty with the Gen 6 Bronco's. They're basically Rangers anyway. There's a lot of parallels between the 64.5 Mustangs and the Gen 6 Broncos. But I'm confident Ford will get the Gen 6 Broncos right. No doubt Ford should have done a better job planning and organizing the Gen 6 Bronco roll out. But nobody saw Covid coming. The semiconductor shortage should have been better forcasted by Ford's Procurement Department. But who would have known that the Covid stimulus would be so generous, and last so long that some people would prefer to stay home, rather than go to work? :unsure: :cool: Which seems to be most of the problem with the Webasto MIC Tops? It'll all work out, we just need to be patient.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just sitting here thinking, I know scary, about how late would I want to accept a my21 Bronco at what month would it make sense to not want it and just wait for a my22 realizing this will affect resale value down the road. Granted haven't gotten my build email just curious what everyone's thoughts are on my21/22 cutoff.

And I guess for that matter at this stage in the game why wouldn't Ford just manufacture all orders as my22?
Because, then they can sell you a "Bronco 55th Anniversary" badge. :ROFLMAO: