Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks everyone. As a non X Plan person, I was trying to figure out the hype if you save 0.4% but then end up paying $275 in admin fees. But guaranteed invoice price makes it worth it. The Granger/Stephens deal is extra special for us non X Plan eligible people.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone. As a non X Plan person, I was trying to figure out the hype if you save 0.4% but then end up paying $275 in admin fees. But guaranteed invoice price makes it worth it. The Granger/Stephens deal is extra special for us non X Plan eligible people.
you can easily get X-plan through the mustang club. (mustang.org)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rest can be found on this forum somewhere. It's been discussed a million times so far ;)
Less than a million. Remember: Million - X-plan :devilish:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Techqua, X-Plan Savings ranges from $164 to $1,929, depending on which trim you are buying, I'm not sure where you came up with the $200 savings, see my spreadsheet link for all examples.

Regarding the -0.4%, the current -0.4% is an example only, from the Ford X-Plan document. Each model has its own custom percentage that may be below or above the Invoice price. We will not know the Bronco's actual -/+ percentage until Ford releases the Bronco X-Plan rules.

Regarding the $275 Administration Fee, here is how Ford figures it into your X-Plan transaction, this is per the Ford X-Plan rules document.

X-Plan document "Administration Fee" quote:
"The fee ($275 for 2010MY and later vehicles) is included in the AXZD-Plan price collected from the customer on Ford's behalf at the time of vehicle sale.
The dealership should not add the fee into the transaction, as the AXZD-Plan vehicle price has already been "grossed-up" by the amount of the fee."
What is shown in the X-Plan rules sample invoice is the X-Plan Price has already been "grossed-up", meaning, they have added:
Invoice Price + Destination & Deliver Fee + $275 Admin Fee = "grossed-up" X-Plan cost.

In my spreadsheet, I have to create this number myself, which I do by adding:
Invoice Price + Destination & Deliver Fee + $275 Admin Fee = "grossed-up" X-Plan cost.

However, what is important to understand is that you will receive a custom prepared X-Plan Invoice, by Ford, for your individual Bronco. The total you will see will already include the $275 Administration Fee. So yes, the customer pays this fee, but it is precalculated into the total X-Plan cost. It is simply in my spreadsheet to calculate how Ford creates the X-Plan Total Invoice cost you will pay.

NOTE: My example above is for normal X-Plan pricing, from any Ford Dealer, it is not a discussion of the special Granger Ford hybrid $1,300 offer for X-Plan customers.

2021 Bronco pricing & savings spreadsheet (X-Plan vs Invoice and Below Invoice)

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The single biggest benefit in our situation - to my mind anyway - is locking in the price when you order. That's the point where I think the transactional power shifts to the dealership. You will need to tell your dealership that you are X-Plan eligible when you order. This effectively locks in your price and cuts the dealership out from dropping additional charges on you.

I have a nagging worry that some of these larger, corporate-owned dealerships are going to "surprise" many of their reservation holders with markups for whatever sales-jargon reason they can fabricate. If you're not locked in on price, there's really nothing to stop them from doing that as late as when you're taking delivery and finalizing the deal. Sure, you may have some piece of paper with some manager initials on it... which won't hold up in court and (be honest) you won't actually take legal action. You'll just complain, walk away and leave a nasty review. Then they'll slap a huge markup on your ordered Bronco and put it on their lot for sale.

X-Plan is the way to go in this situation, not just for the modest cost savings.

Sponsored

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Regarding the -0.4%, the current -0.4% is an example only, from the Ford X-Plan document. Each model has its own custom percentage that may be below or above the Invoice price. We will not know the Bronco's actual -/+ percentage until Ford releases the Bronco X-Plan rules.
The X-Plan pricing formula does not change (there is no “custom percentage”, the formula is: Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee for any Ford vehicle, including Bronco).
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/pdf/sample_x_plan_invoice.pdf

Here is a good reference which details all plan pricing:
https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/decoding-ford-a-plan-z-plan-x-plan-d-plan-pricing

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The X-Plan pricing formula does not change (there is no “custom percentage”, the formula is: Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee for any Ford vehicle, including Bronco).
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/pdf/sample_x_plan_invoice.pdf

Here is a good reference which details all plan pricing:
https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/decoding-ford-a-plan-z-plan-x-plan-d-plan-pricing
ct1975, from my work on my X-Plan spreadsheet I'm very familiar with the perecntages, I used to argue the exact same point as you, until @Timsvtgen1 proved me otherwise:
Historically-more often than not- xplan HAS been above invoice since 2001 since I’ve been involved in dealing with them. Anything is certainly possible here and I trust Granger Ford that he has the pricing rules. I am definitely not trying to have anyone “believe“ me as what I’ve said on here is not conjecture but rather the actual historical trend. Here are some random invoices showing Xplan all above invoice. If it ends up being below it, great! I recall, the super dutys were that way for a bit in the early 2000’s. How bout a little respect here instead of calling out my credibility by way of a mass mention.

816D157E-102B-4A36-93B7-D6C62EDF3C65.jpeg

32E569FA-F3F9-460D-B651-0BB72ED091F8.jpeg

33D271B6-DA15-4740-980F-7409773EDB5D.jpeg

1945D751-AD6B-4743-81F9-2FDA85982E06.jpeg

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ct1975, from my work on my X-Plan spreadsheet I'm very familiar with the perecntages, I used to argue the exact same point as you, until @Timsvtgen1 proved me otherwise:
Yep, X-Plan price can (and often is) above invoice price. However the formula to calculate X-Plan price is static (you seem to be indicating that it can change, it doesn’t). The formula to calculate X-Plan price on any Ford vehicle is always:

Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee

So, if we know the invoice price, we know the X-Plan price, regardless of the Ford vehicle.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is Granger or Stephen's charging Dealer Fee ? Or is that rederenced as admin fee. I've seen everything covered but the usual $800 dealer fee ...
Granger does not have an $800 dealer fee have no idea where that would be coming from...

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

..... X-Plan eligible when you order. This effectively locks in your price and cuts the dealership out from dropping additional charges on you.
I need some clarification on this...
A x-plan purchase agreement is written up between the dealer and the purchaser, to be signed by both parties.
From the agreement:
- It CAN include 'dealer-installed equipment, extra-charge items'.
- 'Customers may not be charged extra for prep and conditioning'.

I read this to mean a dealer can install and charge for extra items such as vin window etching, but not paint or interior protectants.

My primary question....WHEN is the x-plan agreement signed? at ordering time? or at vehicle pick up? Ideally, it needs to be signed before the dealer takes delivery and can add-on their extra items.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Granger does not have an $800 dealer fee have no idea where that would be coming from...

Only inquiring if there was a dealer fee at Granger like most other dealers ..

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only inquiring if there was a dealer fee at Granger like most other dealers ..

Oh, OK now I get it..

No we do not have anything above our DOC $180 non x plan or $100 with x plan and for out of state people $45 transit tag...

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I guess I'm curious what makes X Plan so special?
To answer what I feel is the most important part of your post (because all the terms are already laid out), the biggest benefit of X-plan has been:

• No-haggle pricing and completely removes the "pushy salesperson" aspect of car-buying.
  • Both the dealership and you know what you're paying up front (aside from any accessories you choose) so you get down to the matter of building your car as you want it built
  • The paperwork is quite simple and aside from the financing aspect when you pick up the vehicle (if you're financing), this saves time and energy hoping they wrote everything up correctly.
  • Lower stress throughout the entire process.
  • Greater enjoyment of your vehicle

Having steered three friends to Ford products or X-plan pricing (if they were already planning on buying Ford), they all had praise for the process being the way they wanted car buying to be. Frankly, car shopping/buying stresses a lot of people out! There are a vast number of Americans who didn't grow up haggling or working in sales, so that stress mitigation is HUGE.

The Ranger was my GF's first new vehicle and she loathed the car-buying process so much that she had put it off as long as possible based on her family experiences buying vehicles. She loved the X-plan process for custom building her Ranger and not having that negative interaction associated with your new vehicle can be important to your enjoyment with it!
Sponsored

Last edited: