First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a side note, how does the government have anything to do with this? Honestly curious, and know nothing about change.org other than there was a Mansquatch petition early on.
I guess it's not any official government site, but tends to have a history of SJW's using it for government intervention wishes IMO. I could be totally wrong, but I'm not investigating to find out. To each their own.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess it's not any official government site, but tends to have a history of SJW's using it for government intervention wishes IMO. I could be totally wrong, but I'm not investigating to find out. To each their own.
Only did change.org because of the Mansquatch petition and that positive outcome.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed, it just seemed different this time. Honoring reservation timestamp, etc. Guess not. It's not about the money to me. It's about keeping your word.
Plus, I have a set budget, and every dollar under that budget would be "reinvested" in factory accessories where their margins are definitely better, so they are shooting themselves in the foot and pissing off their fan base in the process. That's how I see it at least. Thoughts?
I agree that it's been lie after lie. Reservation time stamp, no dealer allocations or stock units before reservations filled, B&P, Options changing on the Ford website and No X-plan are what come to my mind. I'm a new fan compared to most on this forum, got here in June 2020 so I'm sure there are more.

Unfortunately Ford nor it leaders have the moral character like most of us about keep your word. Our parents taught us to keep our word and we had to answer to them when we lied. Ford answers to stockholders and the board of directors and all they worry about is money.

They have pissed off the hard core fan base on here but they don't care. They will loose some sales and some money on accessories but to the stockholder and board, it will appear that they made a sound business decision and that is all Ford cares about.

I think there are going to be some unpleasant surprises on option prices and availability when B&P rolls out Friday at 3:00AM.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not going to Change dot org for any reason. If a company wants to charge X$ for a product it is their choice to make. We, the buying public can make our own decision to buy said products or not. The government has no business butting in. I'm as sad to hear about the loss of X-Plan as the next person but I'm still buying and hoping this announcement gets me closer to the front of the line. ;)
So you are lucky you're getting the precious Bronco. If Ford doesn't get bailout money in around 2008 from the Feds, then there is potentially no Bronco to speak of at this moment. Although, they aren't alone across the illustrious history of our country getting federal bailout money, so hard to fault them. Feds gotta protect their power players and donations you know.

RX8

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be fair, I believe Ford gives a kickback to the dealer (could be wrong) so it may impact them directly. BUT... It really allows terrible dealerships free reign on ripping off blue oval loyalists.
I think they call that holdback, if I've learned anything the last 4 months.
Separate from the holdback Ford gives a commission to dealers for vehicles sold under the AXZD plan. This is to help compensate dealers for selling a vehicle at the lower plan price.

Sponsored

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you are lucky you're getting the precious Bronco. If Ford doesn't get bailout money in around 2008 from the Feds, then there is potentially no Bronco to speak of at this moment. Although, they aren't alone across the illustrious history of our country getting federal bailout money, so hard to fault them. Feds gotta protect their power players and donations you know.
Ford did not take any government bailout money in 2008... but rather leverage every single asset, including the Blue Oval... aka the largest "home equity loan ever", to weather the storm.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford didn't take TARP money like GM and Chrysler. Ford took out a 5.9B loan in 2009 with the Dept. of Energy to help improve their fuel economy. That program had 3 players. Ford, Nissan and Tesla. Nissan and Tesla have repaid said loan. Ford is still paying it back. It was NOT a bailout.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Only 348 signatures... Shit, why did Ford cancel x-plan? Just to piss off less than 500 people?

In other words... SIGN THE DAMN PETITION!! ?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford didn't take TARP money like GM and Chrysler. Ford took out a 5.9B loan in 2009 with the Dept. of Energy to help improve their fuel economy. That program had 3 players. Ford, Nissan and Tesla. Nissan and Tesla have repaid said loan. Ford is still paying it back. It was NOT a bailout.
Ford did not take any government bailout money in 2008... but rather leverage every single asset, including the Blue Oval... aka the largest "home equity loan ever", to weather the storm.
So... did they get help from an outside source? Yes. Was it the Federal Government? Yes. Did it help Ford avoid something catastrophic? Yes/Maybe. Are they still repaying it? Yes.

Sounds like a form of bailout to me. Government aid is government aid no matter how you slice it. 12 years later still repaying. Do we know how much they've paid down on the loan? I mean it is "our" money technically.

Update Ford Government Loan 2016

July 2020

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... did they get help from an outside source? Yes. Was it the Federal Government? Yes. Did it help Ford avoid something catastrophic? Yes/Maybe. Are they still repaying it? Yes.

Sounds like a form of bailout to me. Government aid is government aid no matter how you slice it. 12 years later still repaying. Do we know how much they've paid down on the loan? I mean it is "our" money technically.

July 2020
Maybe take it to Twitter where you can complain to others that know nothing about it and get the clicks? I'm just informing you it was not a bailout. Sorry if that ruffled your feathers.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

July 2020
No Fed Money given to Ford as a part of the bailout given to GM and Chrysler... All money financed as part of the biggest home equity loan at that time, 2008 per your original comment... paid back.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe take it to Twitter where you can complain to others that know nothing about it and get the clicks? I'm just informing you it was not a bailout. Sorry if that ruffled your feathers.
Uh, government help/loan might not be a bailout in your eyes, but in mine it most certainly is using public monies to operate a business or keep it afloat. Given money? maybe not, but help staying afloat? Most definitely.

Complain? No, it's a discussion. Someone mentioned government help/bailout/whatever. Figured I'd chime in. Not a big deal to me, since there's many industries/companies that take these loans/bailouts/handouts/whatever we want to call them.
Sponsored