Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have first hand experience with this wrap? I’m considering doing it as soon as I take possession but I’ve got questions.
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had the standard xpel on my cayenne, the stealth will give you a matte look. standard xpel is completely transparent. Worked well for my cayenne, had it on the hood, bumper, mirrors and door handle cups. It won't be cheap - material alone will be over $1k.

XPEL

First Edition
First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone have first hand experience with this wrap? I’m considering doing it as soon as I take possession but I’ve got questions.
ATLBronco75,

We like where your head's at. As avid auto enthusiasts, we're extremely excited for the return of the Bronco and as soon as we saw the available colors, we knew that it would be a perfect vehicle for a STEALTH application. STEALTH will hug all of the body lines and really give the new Bronco a unique look.

Thank you for even considering XPEL protection for your Bronco. Let us know if we can answer any questions or help in any way.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a XPEL dealer/installer like 5 min from my house and its on my list to work on a plan. going with self healing PPF is the way to go on an off road vehicle or any type of sports car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ATLBronco75

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ATLBronco75,

We like where your head's at. As avid auto enthusiasts, we're extremely excited for the return of the Bronco and as soon as we saw the available colors, we knew that it would be a perfect vehicle for a STEALTH application. STEALTH will hug all of the body lines and really give the new Bronco a unique look.

Thank you for even considering XPEL protection for your Bronco. Let us know if we can answer any questions or help in any way.
Oh cool. It’s you!

What I’m wondering is do I need to get a metallic paint to get that cool slightly pearl look I see on some of the wraps. I’m considering cactus gray but I’m worried the stealth wrap will make it just look like primer.

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the normal transparent Xpel on the whole front of my Lotus and it works really well. It has prevented me getting a bunch of rock chips and makes cleaning off bugs or rubber from the track much easier. I was planning to wrap most of the Bronco in it for scratch protection on the trails. Even if you want to go with something more robust like rhinohide armor for trail protection it is nice to have the PPF underneath it to prevent dirt from scratching your paint when it gets between the magnets.

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm considering regular XPEL since I prefer a glossy finish, but it's going to be expensive. My local XPEL installer quoted me $7000 for a full vehicle wrap versus $3500 for driver's package which doesn't include doors/roof.

XPEL

First Edition
First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh cool. It’s you!

What I’m wondering is do I need to get a metallic paint to get that cool slightly pearl look I see on some of the wraps. I’m considering cactus gray but I’m worried the stealth wrap will make it just look like primer.
That's a great question. Yes, if you get a metallic or pearl-like paint, that pearl and metallic flake will still shine through the STEALTH PPF. I think the cactus grey in STEALTH would look amazing actually. Yes, there may not be much flake, but it will be super unique and again the STEALTH really hugs those body lines. As I can't show you a picture of STEALTH on cactus grey yet, I would think it will be similar to Porsche's Chalk color as far as being in the same type of color family.

This first image shows the hood wrapped in STEALTH while the fenders and bumper are still glossy to show a contrast.
Ford Bronco Xpel Stealth experience? gt36_164e703a9807de007ad30f4322352eda853546fa

The shot below is the full final product.
Ford Bronco Xpel Stealth experience? 5wvg214bfmm01

The difference between XPEL STEALTH and a matte vinyl wrap is that the STEALTH still has a sheen to it. No gloss, but a sheen. Whereas a matte is flat without a sheen. I think you'll be impressed and surprised by how good colors like Cactus Grey and Area 51 will look wrapped in STEALTH.

OP
OP
ATLBronco75

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a great question. ...
The difference between XPEL STEALTH and a matte vinyl wrap is that the STEALTH still has a sheen to it. No gloss, but a sheen. Whereas a matte is flat without a sheen. I think you'll be impressed and surprised by how good colors like Cactus Grey and Area 51 will look wrapped in STEALTH.
Super interesting. I actually want the stealth wrap more than any particular color. Which is odd... but here I am. I'm considering going for the carbonized gray because I see so many Teslas and Raptors in dark metallic gray and they look excellent Stealth wrapped.

If you were more interested int he Stealth wrap than a particular color which color would you choose?

Sponsored

XPEL

First Edition
First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Super interesting. I actually want the stealth wrap more than any particular color. Which is odd... but here I am. I'm considering going for the carbonized gray because I see so many Teslas and Raptors in dark metallic gray and they look excellent Stealth wrapped.

If you were more interested int he Stealth wrap than a particular color which color would you choose?
I wouldn't say that's too odd, we've heard that a time or two. Carbonized Grey will look good, no doubt about that. The darker greys always look very good. The lighter silvers sometimes don't show enough difference versus the gloss so on Iconic Silver, it may not give you as much of a contrast as you would want.

If it were me, I'm a fan of Area 51, Cactus Grey or the wildcard choice of Cyber Orange.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm considering regular XPEL since I prefer a glossy finish, but it's going to be expensive. My local XPEL installer quoted me $7000 for a full vehicle wrap versus $3500 for driver's package which doesn't include doors/roof.
Thats alot of $$ for a Bronco. I can def see spending it on a 911 but $7k on $45k Bronco?

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak