Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thats not much weight at all really. I'm skeptical even lightly loaded this thing would survive the fairly severe jostling it takes to get to some of our campsites. My thought was to get the gearbox.
I think the hitch would be fine - that thing is *beefy*.

The problem for my use case is the gear box isn't wide enough - my skis are 187cm long.
Sponsored

SDBroncoWT

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Door Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thought I would post some pics of a slightly different setup. OE Hitch with a 9" extension from Amazon. It fits perfectly with the spare, even with the ski rack setup which protrudes towards the tire.

Another option would have been to mount the skis on the bottom and the box on top with the shorter 7" extension, but I didn't want the skis in the path of the debris from the tires.

YakimaEXO - 1.jpeg

YakimaEXO - 2.jpeg

YakimaEXO - 3.jpeg
do you have any images of a rear shot?

wondering if I need the light and plate kit.

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
do you have any images of a rear shot?

wondering if I need the light and plate kit.
Unfortunately I don't have any from the rear. However, with the setup I have the lights aren't blocked (you can see in the pics), but the license plate is. Personally, it's not a concern for me and I have no plans to get either of those options.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The parking aid assist? I’m pretty sure it will be going off but mine is faulty. I’m having a tech check it out today actually to help me. I get a “park aid fault” error on my cluster, I disconnected a harness and can’t get it back into the slot for some reason.
Was the "Park Aid Fault" something it it took a long time for the dealership to fix? Did you do it yourself?

OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z, Mitsubishi Lancer, Range Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was the "Park Aid Fault" something it it took a long time for the dealership to fix? Did you do it yourself?
In my case no but that is because I work at a dealership, I just went to one of the techs and left the bronco with him for a couple minutes. It was a small connector between the bumper and body. It’s very hard to get a hand there to mate the connectors well, plier type tools help . They end up barely touching and makes the code pop up. Here is the diagram of the connector that gave me the code

1CA30016-D923-432E-8726-AB1550587DC2.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance you have a picture or video of opening the tailgate with it attached?
Unfortunately I do not. Snowboard season is over so I haven’t had it mounted in well over a month as well

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about showing pictures with bikes on the rack?

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this I an older thread on the EXO system but for those that have it do you think the setup with dual gear locker boxes would hit the spare using the standard

OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about showing pictures with bikes on the rack?
I have since sold my setup so I won’t be able to provide images for that. I purchased the trail tax roof rack and changing my set up

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this I an older thread on the EXO system but for those that have it do you think the setup with dual gear locker boxes would hit the spare using the standard
Hey man! I actually decided to test that, I placed the gear locker I had on the top mount just for that reason without my extension. It clears, what didn’t clear for my setup was the snow bank mount. It extended passed the top mount making contact with my spare. The gear locker does not do that, So it should work. Also What makes contact is wither Sasquatch spare. All other spares you should be good with the factory hitch.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you Hazrad! So if I’m reading correctly the dual gear locker setup is going to make contact with the Sasquatch spare with the Yakima straight shot 7” extension? I think I got all of that.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So for my setup with the Sasquatch spare I would probably need a slightly longer extension.

OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you Hazrad! So if I’m reading correctly the dual gear locker setup is going to make contact with the Sasquatch spare with the Yakima straight shot 7” extension? I think I got all of that.
No, The factory hitch plus the extended end that the Yakima base comes with will clear the spare for a dual gear locker setup.
If you wanted a bit more space without changing anything drastically. Purchase a 9” extension.
The hitch has a tongue that extends 5-6” if iirc, depending on which piece you plan to purchase in the future aside from the gear lockers then a 9” should be all you need

OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So for my setup with the Sasquatch spare I would probably need a slightly longer extension.
The top mount would be in the highlighted red part but it still will not make contact with your spare. As you can see the snowbank extends toward the spare. That’s what hit for me. If you plan to go a gearlocker, the bottom part does not go past the mounts. It’ll sit where it should and clear without needing an extension. I hope that answers your questions.

31B43984-D005-4A39-93A0-BF0D0B84E819.jpeg
Sponsored