Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got the thermal mono installed today. Between this and the lights should be a lot of fun. Can run it off my ipad or off the main screen. Also this allows me to run one on each side if I use both screens.

Use Case

We got a lot of property up north. 5 years ago the coyote population exploded and cleared out most of the animals or ran them off as they move property to property depending on food. Lost our whole turkey population, all the rabbits, grouse, and had a lot of fawn and deer kills.

My usual setup is just checking fields at night with my thermal scope. Which requires getting out of the truck, initializing the scope, then hoping they are still where you saw them last. Will have a thermal on each side, streaming to the main screen and iPad. If you’ve ever used thermal, it’s hard to hide from. It will show recent foot prints and scat. With this set up can just cruise the trails and see what animals were holding and how many. Running all the ss3 back lights is enough to navigate at night without light spooking them. Then the thermal is for viewing/locating. Now I’ll be able to check as I drive including off to the sides. Then I can park, get out, initialize and stalk from there.

When not looking for yotes it is relaxing to see what’s just standing there watching you go by. And hoping one day to maybe catch a glimpse of the ole Sasquatch playing peekaboo.

Ford Bronco Yoter Thermal Scope installed and displaying to screen 1978DE65-4075-4080-997D-C90086149B41

Ford Bronco Yoter Thermal Scope installed and displaying to screen 03152230-7048-4964-BBE7-C7573AB86C6B

Ford Bronco Yoter Thermal Scope installed and displaying to screen E7985BF0-61DC-4A9E-985F-FAF4E0240B2E

Ford Bronco Yoter Thermal Scope installed and displaying to screen 6B0C440A-FB0F-4846-BD45-0E3846120FE1
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally got the thermal mono installed today. Between this and the lights should be a lot of fun. Can run it off my ipad or off the main screen. Also this allows me to run one on each side if I use both screens.

Ford Bronco Yoter Thermal Scope installed and displaying to screen 6B0C440A-FB0F-4846-BD45-0E3846120FE1

That's awesome!

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice what do ya use it for? ......
My question, exactly. I see some things like this now and again and I am baffled why people come up with and do what they do sometimes. This one seems very weird to me, then again, that is being very presumptuous without any explanation or context.

RE: the suggestion of "Predator"-like hunting............I went to maybe a more practical extreme conclusion of maybe poaching. Not suggesting the OP does that, but that is what came to my mind.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

dang man, really got it out for them ‘yotes, huh?

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice what do ya use it for? Hunting predator style? 😁
We got a lot of property up north. 5 years ago the coyote population exploded and cleared out most of the animals or ran them off as they move property to property depending on food. Lost our whole turkey population, all the rabbits, grouse, and had a lot of fawn and deer kills.

My usual setup is just checking fields at night with my thermal scope. Which requires getting out of the truck, initializing the scope, then hoping they are still where you saw them last. Will have a thermal on each side, streaming to the main screen and iPad. If you’ve ever used thermal, it’s hard to hide from. It will show recent foot prints and scat. With this set up can just cruise the trails and see what animals were holding and how many. Running all the ss3 back lights is enough to navigate at night without light spooking them. Then the thermal is for viewing/locating. Now I’ll be able to check as I drive including off to the sides. Then I can park, get out, initialize and stalk from there.

When not looking for yotes it is relaxing to see what’s just standing there watching you go by. And hoping one day to maybe catch a glimpse of the ole Sasquatch playing peekaboo.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RE: the suggestion of "Predator"-like hunting............I went to maybe a more practical extreme conclusion of maybe poaching.
I quit hunting over 10 years ago. Hate venison, no interest in cleaning, processing, and you can’t eat antlers. Now it’s just long range shooting and yote hunting. I shoot 200 long gun rounds a month out to a mile, and thats beer cans or clay pigeons in a rack. Just love to long distance shoot. Very relaxing and very challenging.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought this truck to use it. Not just drive around on dirt roads looking at leaves. Michigans short on deserts and rock piles (lower Mi)) So most my builds are for up north activities which is high speed trail running, Orv trials and parks, property inspection, help and recovery, trail clearing and follow behind support vehicle. Now that I’m older I prefer a actual vehicle to a side by side.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I quit hunting over 10 years ago. Hate venison, no interest in cleaning, processing, and you can’t eat antlers. Now it’s just long range shooting and yote hunting. I shoot 200 long gun rounds a month out to a mile, and thats beer cans or clay pigeons in a rack. Just love to long distance shoot. Very relaxing and very challenging.
I've got a Pulsar Thermion XP50 thermal riflescope mounted on a custom .22-250 that I built. I'm just too lazy to lug that heavy package around, so it sits in the safe. Lol! I have thought about mounting IR lights in the ditch light positions so I can drive at night with my white phosphor PVS-14. LMAO!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a Pulsar Thermion XP50 thermal riflescope mounted on a custom .22-250 that I built. I'm just too lazy to lug that heavy package around, so it sits in the safe. Lol! I have thought about mounting IR lights in the ditch light positions so I can drive at night with my white phosphor PVS-14. LMAO!
Not sure what some of these people think a good time really is.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs