Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could do a lot of the packages yourself if you know what you're doing.
Yeah, I would do it if some more experienced ford owners put out instructions :)
Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I would do it if some more experienced ford owners put out instructions :)
There's videos out there. I know it's for an F-150 but this is just an example. If you want the heated Steering wheel, buy it through Ford and install it yourself. Or see what labor to install it would cost. Decide wether it's worth the time vs cost.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone with an SO that is constantly feeling cold, dual climate control is fantastic. Plus having OEM quality is definitely a plus. I know many are fine with modding right out of the gate but I donā€™t want to be cutting things up or immediately having to tear things apart for an option that was available from the factory. Only way I could see myself doing that is adding the Sasquatch spring spacers and my own 35s since Iā€™d rather something else than whatā€™s offered. Also proximity entry has been tricky or impossible to integrate when I last checked for JL wranglers in an oem fashion and I wouldnā€™t be shocked if thatā€™s the case here as well. Yes theyā€™re nitpicky things but if my car thatā€™s the least expensive one Ford sold can have these things Iā€™d like to keep them in the future.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As someone with an SO that is constantly feeling cold, dual climate control is fantastic. Plus having OEM quality is definitely a plus. I know many are fine with modding right out of the gate but I donā€™t want to be cutting things up or immediately having to tear things apart for an option that was available from the factory. Only way I could see myself doing that is adding the Sasquatch spring spacers and my own 35s since Iā€™d rather something else than whatā€™s offered. Also proximity entry has been tricky or impossible to integrate when I last checked for JL wranglers in an oem fashion and I wouldnā€™t be shocked if thatā€™s the case here as well. Yes theyā€™re nitpicky things but if my car thatā€™s the least expensive one Ford sold can have these things Iā€™d like to keep them in the future.
Yeah, if this was a 90's style mod idea, I'm in with some of this stuff. But we're talking brand new generation, I think I'll stick with OEM stuff. I've always bought used and finding these options or options I wanted was not always easy. This time I am going to get what I want, and the mid package seems worth it... To me.

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mid package also comes with the Ford 360 safety features

Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Mid package also comes with the Ford 360 safety features
Yup and apparently we can't be safe with a manual transmission unless we spend 50k.

The way I see it my current car doesn't have it so I can live without it. ?ā€ā™‚

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup and apparently we can't be safe with a manual transmission unless we spend 50k.

The way I see it my current car doesn't have it so I can live without it. ?ā€ā™‚
Fair enough just pointing out itā€™s probably the only mid package feature you can add after market.

jdub.csu

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester, 2020 Honda, 2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish we didnā€™t have to get the safety crap with the mid upgrade. Thatā€™s one of the things I donā€™t want but I want heated seats dual climate control

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's videos out there. I know it's for an F-150 but this is just an example. If you want the heated Steering wheel, buy it through Ford and install it yourself. Or see what labor to install it would cost. Decide wether it's worth the time vs cost.
The problem is it's never that simple with electrical stuff. For example, you can't just change to a heated steering wheel and it work. You have to get a new clock spring and a special wiring harness as well. Same for adding heat seats, ect. Rarely is it as easy as simple swap. Especially if you want OEM quality. Plus, there is to many unknowns about the vehicle to know for sure what's possible. You might even need to get into the body computer to add functions. If you want factory quality best to order it up front.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is always a way to do everything by yourself. Though I think modifying an older bronco (any old truck actually) to have heated seats, footwell lighting, remote start, reverse sensors... is a ā€œbadass-ishā€ mod you can be proud of.

Not sure how Iā€™d feel having a brand new $40k+Truck with all thoseaddon items not integrated with all other controls

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem is it's never that simple with electrical stuff. For example, you can't just change to a heated steering wheel and it work. You have to get a new clock spring and a special wiring harness as well. Same for adding heat seats, ect. Rarely is it as easy as simple swap. Especially if you want OEM quality. Plus, there is to many unknowns about the vehicle to know for sure what's possible. You might even need to get into the body computer to add functions. If you want factory quality best to order it up front.

I'm not paying $5000 because I want a heated steering wheel. It might not be easy for YOU, but there are plenty of people who learn to do this themselves. With the internet the ability to do this yourself is more viable than not.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

Nice informative rmative video.

I'll add the clock spring and maybe upgrade the wiring harness end to have holes for the extra heated wheel wires as needed.
But those two wires will go to a switch on the ignition hot side, not the computer.
Same with the heated seats.

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not paying $5000 because I want a heated steering wheel. It might not be easy for YOU, but there are plenty of people who learn to do this themselves. With the internet the ability to do this yourself is more viable than not.
Xodric, sorry if I offended you in some way. Not sure why you think I don't have the ability to do these things, because I do. I'm sure you have the ability as well. The fact that I do have the ability is why I posted the comment. The video you posted made it sound like he could just swap the wheel and the heated part would work. That's not the case. I just wanted the OP to understand what he is getting into and what the big picture is. Based on the questions and comments he was asking, I felt that info would help him. I clearly didn't do a good job at it and will expand on it in a future post.

Last edited:

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know nothing about the product, but roller switch looks super cheap. How well can you integrate some of these retrofits into Fords original buttons or touch screen sync system?
Hopefully I can do better explaining this time. The aftermarket systems use their own independent wiring and switches. This makes it a simple weekend end project. Retrofits into the original switches offer unique challenges and is a lot more involved. First thing we need to figure out is if the correct wiring is there when you add the Ford switches. Ford may or may not use the same wiring harness. If it's there, that's a big help. Then we need to see how much of the wiring goes to the seat heaters. At the very least we will have to make a small harness to connect the two.

The next challenge is getting into the modules that control the screen and sync 4. The Ford dealer has the proper tools but for most of us do it yourselfers, we would have to use something called FORscan. You can check that out here FORscan.org Basically it allows you to read the code and change it. We don't know for sure if it will work with Bronco yet and it might take a little time to decode everything so keep that in mind.

Another option might be to try and wire the ford switches to the aftermarket kit. You would have to decide on what kit you want to use first. Then you can use a voltmeter to probe the switch and figure out how to wire it. It might be a little tricky wiring the switches do to obstructions behind the dash. Obviously you won't have the ability to use the touch screen but it will look more OEM that way.

I just wanted you to know how involved some of these things can get but I do believe you can do them. As Xodric stated, you have to decide whether it's worth the time vs cost.
Sponsored