William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I wanted mid, but my desired to have a manual and not spend over $50k is more.
Based on everything in the spreadsheets, etc. from here, my 2-door BL build with manual, Mid and the optional wheels is $42,831 with the Granger 2K October deal add the High and it goes up to $44,126, well below you're 50k ceiling.

Might even be a bit less since I didn't factor in the packages at invoice.
Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on everything in the spreadsheets, etc. from here, my 2-door BL build with manual, Mid and the optional wheels is $42,831 with the Granger 2K October deal add the High and it goes up to $44,126, well below you're 50k ceiling.

Might even be a bit less since I didn't factor in the packages at invoice.
Not everyone is doing the Granger deal, so it comes down to preference. I should go check, because I really don't think you can do it for less than $50K MSRP 2-Door even.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not everyone is doing the Granger deal, so it comes down to preference. I should go check, because I really don't think you can do it for less than $50K MSRP 2-Door even.
Ok, even if Granger shipped it to you it'd still be below the 50k and MSRP for what I stated above with Mid is $46,080 without tax. Not sure what your local preferred dealer is letting one go for so at full MSRP plus ADM and whatever dealer fee then sure, you would be over 50k.

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could get by without a lot of the options and thought a base squatch may be kinda cool but Ford will not let you get the tow package on the base and that is a deal killer. So If I bump up to spend $42k I may as well go up to the $48k for the BL and manual. But as always, this is all subject to change with me.

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a little out of the loop on Fords, does the Bronco have a CANBUS system? My 15 JK has it, you just can't tap into wires to hook up stuff. Those aux switches are going to be awesome but the Base and BB don't have them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, even if Granger shipped it to you it'd still be below the 50k and MSRP for what I stated above with Mid is $46,080 without tax. Not sure what your local preferred dealer is letting one go for so at full MSRP plus ADM and whatever dealer fee then sure, you would be over 50k.
I think that is fair, you are correct it's under $50k. But with the basics I would want (both packages will having roof rack and towing):

Black Diamond (no mid, added Advanced 4x4): $39,300
Badlands (mid, comes with advanced 4x4, front lockers and sway disconnect): $46,045

I think the question is, do I want to pay $6,745 for mid, front lockers, sway disconnect, and some "better" tires/rims?

DAMN YOU MAN, NOW YOU ACTUALLY HAVE ME THINKING ABOUT THIS.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that is fair, you are correct it's under $50k. But with the basics I would want (both packages will having roof rack and towing):

Badlands (mid, comes with advanced 4x4, front lockers and sway disconnect): $46,045

I think the question is, do I want to pay $6,745 for mid, front lockers, sway disconnect, and some "better" tires/rims?

If I go Badlands and drop the Mid, it's only $44,550. I mean, now that's only $5,250. I'm debating if the bigger tires/wheels, front locker, sway disconnect, signature lights.... is worth it for that. Dude, Ford marketing dissected this.

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sorry! ?

If you're where your profile says you are it's only a 5 hour drive to Granger to save 3 or 4k real easily.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry! ?

If you're where your profile says you are it's only a 5 hour drive to Granger to save 3 or 4k real easily.
How is there that much difference going to Granger? Is there a concern that because they have so many Broncos going to them that it could take longer to get my Bronco?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How is there that much difference going to Granger? Is there a concern that because they have so many Broncos going to them that it could take longer to get my Bronco?
The current deal with them is $1k under invoice, they've had $1300 under invoice for X-plan and 2k under invoice during October.

Invoice for 2 door BL $ 42,116 with D&D MSRP for 2 door BL$43,590 with D&D

So, right now with the 1k off invoice deal the price would be $41,116 for BL with no options, which is $2,474 under MSRP. Also think their dealer fee $225 with a drive-out tag, don't quote me on that one but know it's not $699 or more like some dealers plus no add-ons like nitrogen filled tires or pinstriping.

Any factory options/packages that appear on the sticker will also be at invoice so take the cost of those and multiply it by .94 meaning that invoice is 6% off.

As for the whole argument with allocation and getting your Bronco early/late, it's based on a formula, 50% based on reservations, then region, then competition right? If you have an early reservation then you'd get your Bronco pretty early no matter where you buy. If you have a late reservation then it really depends on how that allocation is measured. Once again my take, is if it's monthly, quarterly, or annually as to how they're divvied out for that time period but they're supposed to be ordered somewhat in reservation order no matter who the dealer they're getting delivered to correct? So if that's the case you may see a delay but I don't think it's going to 6 months or never if you chose a smaller dealer over a larger one. I'll let you read over the many, many posts but I'm sure Granger would talk to you if you called about it directly.

Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The current deal with them is $1k under invoice, they've had $1300 under invoice for X-plan and 2k under invoice during October.

Invoice for 2 door BL $ 42,116 with D&DMSRP for 2 door BL$43,590 with D&D

So, right now with the 1k off invoice deal the price would be $41,116 for BL with no options, which is $2,474 under MSRP. Also think their dealer fee $225 with a drive-out tag, don't quote me on that one but know it's not $699 or more like some dealers plus no add-ons like nitrogen filled tires or pinstriping.

Any factory options/packages that appear on the sticker will also be at invoice so take the cost of those and multiply it by .94 meaning that invoice is 6% off.

As for the whole argument with allocation and getting your Bronco early/late, it's based on a formula, 50% based on reservations, then region, then competition right? If you have an early reservation then you'd get your Bronco pretty early no matter where you buy. If you have a late reservation then it really depends on how that allocation is measured. Once again my take, is if it's monthly, quarterly, or annually as to how they're divvied out for that time period but they're supposed to be ordered somewhat in reservation order no matter who the dealer they're getting delivered to correct? So if that's the case you may see a delay but I don't think it's going to 6 months or never if you chose a smaller dealer over a larger one. I'll let you read over the many, many posts but I'm sure Granger would talk to you if you called about it directly.
I called them just now, very helpful. I thought I had my decision all made with the BD, but now I wonder if I couldn't get into a BL with their better value.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m planning to skip the mid package and above specifically to keep things simple. I prefer to avoid all the sensors & lane assist jazz. Plus this way it will hopefully make life waaaay easier when aftermarket bumpers enter the fray. ⚡

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Xodric, sorry if I offended you in some way. Not sure why you think I don't have the ability to do these things, because I do. I'm sure you have the ability as well. The fact that I do have the ability is why I posted the comment. The video you posted made it sound like he could just swap the wheel and the heated part would work. That's not the case. I just wanted the OP to understand what he is getting into and what the big picture is. Based on the questions and comments he was asking, I felt that info would help him. I clearly didn't do a good job at it and will expand on it in a future post.
Nothing better than saying something is easy, then getting into it and 15 more problems arise lol! Never had a heated wheel though, so im not sure if it would be worth it...

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice informative rmative video.

I'll add the clock spring and maybe upgrade the wiring harness end to have holes for the extra heated wheel wires as needed.
But those two wires will go to a switch on the ignition hot side, not the computer.
Same with the heated seats.
Depends on if the steering wheel heat is tied to the BCM for remote starts below a certain temperature threshold, like some seat heaters are.

I've installed heated wheels on Colorados that didn't come with. It can be as simple as plug and play if it's a standalone circuit.

The short answer is, it's always easier to get it the way you want from the factory, and it may or may not be cheaper than your time or the cost of professional install.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mid package is something my old bones want for the heated seats and remote start. I also have thought about just adding everything I want afterward on a basesquatch, but am also want OEM connections and reliability. Plus dual climate control would be very nice for my cold blooded SO (that sounds bad ;)). Back in the day I tricked out a 1991 4Runner with every option I wanted from the junkyard, probably won't be as easy with a 2021 product. Really leaning toward a Big Bend with Sasquatch, gives me everything I want except stabar disconnect, which I can buy a simple aftermarket manual kit for. Decisions decisions......
Sponsored