Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting Badlands that has sliders, but thinking I want something more substantial. Would the existing ones have to come off or can you leave them an still bolt different sliders to the frame, nerf bars, or rocker guards? What are your plans?
Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ones on the bad lands are plenty good enough. They are strong enough to hold the entire weight of the vehicle plus some. IMO you have the best trim equipped with the right off road armor you’d need. Badlands also has full body bash plates.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like the sliders to stick out just a bit more than they do.
The ones I had on my older nissan you could use as a pivot point. Press them up on a rock or tree and slowly make your way around without having the doors touch.

I think the current ones for the bronco are a little too tucked in. Seems if you tried a similar maneuver in the bronco you would dent the doors.

Just my thoughts. Anyone else think this?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you could add sliders mounted to the gram and keep the stick ones too, or take them off. I think you could do either. It is nice to have sliders that stick out a bit to kick the body off things and protect a little more (and they ROI text from door dings when people open doors into you).
As to armor, I’ll have to see how heavy the stock armor is. It might need to be replaced in places, or maybe not. It’s important that IFS trucks have solid plates.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a Badlands too and taking the factory sliders off. I'll be replacing them with something either from Shrockworks or Rocky Road. Here's a sample of the Shrockworks on a Ranger. You can get them with or without the dimpled tread plates. These are much better rails and bolt directly to the frame and cost about he same as the factory ones $645.00.

Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? Ranger Raockrails1

Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? Ranger Rockrails

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They'll be no shortage from aftermarket companies. I've ordered the tube steps with mine. I expect they'll perform fine and do 100% of what I need done, but that doesn't mean something cooler looking won't come up that I'll upgrade too lol

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want something that will stick out farther. That way when assholes in parking lots open their doors fast, instead of hitting the side of my bronco they slam their door into the sliders and dent their door instead.

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will wait and buy aftermarket. I would like them to have more side protection and possibly a little bit of a step like the ones someone posted for the Ranger. I have Metalcloak sliders on my Jeep and love them!😎

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want something that will stick out farther. That way when assholes in parking lots open their doors fast, instead of hitting the side of my bronco they slam their door into the sliders and dent their door instead.
Great idea. Do you, or anyone, have some in mind that stick out for door protection?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great idea. Do you, or anyone, have some in mind that stick out for door protection?
Will have to wait and see what aftermarket has. Probably won't see anything till broncos start to hit the street.

Sponsored

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have had a set of Rock Road and will be going this route again.

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will have to wait and see what aftermarket has. Probably won't see anything till broncos start to hit the street.
True - just thinking there are a few existing Jeep and 4Runner products people like that accomplish this today. They way we can get our eyes on it. I’d imagine they’d be the same general design w/ manufacturer adjustments to fit The Bronco.

Reactions: RLW

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

True - just thinking there are a few existing Jeep and 4Runner products people like that accomplish this today. They way we can get our eyes on it. I’d imagine they’d be the same general design w/ manufacturer adjustments to fit The Bronco.
Probably something like this. I like the tubular look
Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? 1616949217856
Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? 1616949237143
Sponsored