Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haven't looked at jeep, but aftermarket is always the way for armor, in my opinion. The skid plates on my FX4 are a fraction of what you'd get for similar prices from a good third party. I am expecting to do frame mounted rock rails, new front and rear bumper, and we can look at what the skid plate situation is when it shows up.

I can't wait to see what comes to SEMA, etc this year.
Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? 1616964439368

i hope a wrap around brush guard like this will come out in the aftermarket ... winch, bumper and bumper lights will be a bonus
Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thinking of getting these ..... any thoughts? should i wait for aftermarket?
I am definitely getting this. While I plan on doing a lot of off road weekend riding, I'm also using my badlands as a daily commuter. I have about 25 miles of highway driving each way. Over the last 25 years of the drive, I've had 3 cars where the windshield has pock marks from the very small pebbles (almost like sand) hit the windshield. I;m hoping the hood deflector will help with that.

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 Vette, F10 M5 BMW, F150 Shelby, F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will keep what's on the badlands until SEMA 2021 comes in November and there will be more rock sliders than you can "shake a stick at" too choose from IMHO

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am definitely getting this. While I plan on doing a lot of off road weekend riding, I'm also using my badlands as a daily commuter. I have about 25 miles of highway driving each way. Over the last 25 years of the drive, I've had 3 cars where the windshield has pock marks from the very small pebbles (almost like sand) hit the windshield. I;m hoping the hood deflector will help with that.
that's my hope as well ..... I think that straight up windshield will be a rock magnet similar to what Wrangler and FJ Cruiser owners experience

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base

i hope a wrap around brush guard like this will come out in the aftermarket ... winch, bumper and bumper lights will be a bonus
You really don't want that, if you go off road at all. we remove them since they damage the fenders at the slightest touch of a tree or a rock.
the recessed winch - yes we all want that (with good top drum access - as pictured)

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great idea. Do you, or anyone, have some in mind that stick out for door protection?
Exactly what they did with the RTR Bronco. which they will also be offering for sale;
Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? E8F35984-5914-4299-B56C-5F36FBF37498

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You really don't want that, if you go off road at all. we remove them since they damage the fenders at the slightest touch of a tree or a rock.
They take the slightest touch of a tree or rock better than a fender with nothing... and a lot of that overseas stuff is stupid tough compared to the JC Whitney junk we get here.

For protection the rock rails on our BD will be good enough for what we are doing.

I am putting Trail Gear sliders on my Ranger at them moment and I am pretty happy with how they look to be made so far.

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
The defender wrap around bumper I was referring to is OEM land rover and is purely for esthetics.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Badlands rockers and bash plates should be enough to handle the curbs and parking barriers that my wife drives over.

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following along, I too am looking to offload my BL rockrail for something with a bit of a step.

We a short family, yo.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will wait for the usual suspects from the Jeep/4X4 world to come out with Bronco products. Would especially like to see sliders, front bumper and armor from Rockhard 4X4, Metalcloak and the like. I imagine it's going to be a while for some of the upper tier suppliers as the limited supply of Bronco's affects them just as much as us normal customers and has a cascade effect on measuring, prototyping, etc (not to mention all that the pandemic has wrought on supply chain et al). Early to market suppliers, just as with competing vehicles, frequently have fit and finish issues that often require customer "refinement" (cutting, drilling, . . . ) to make for a proper fit. Since I'm wayyyyy down on the delivery schedule here's hoping by the time I'm out there shopping we're on the other side of the development bell curve.
Rock hard 4x4 emailed me today saying they have a Bronco on order though they didn't clarify what products they'll be selling but hopefully similar to their Jeep line up.

What is Rock Hard's quality like? They make some Jeep boat side rock sliders that look great for what I need but I'm new to off roading as a hobby.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rock hard 4x4 makes some really nice stuff.
I've never had any quality issues.