Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From what I can tell the sliders are body mounted which won't work for me. I'm going to hold off until someone puts out a nice frame mounted set. Same with my bumpers and skid plates, going to hold off for aftermarket. I think some companies are going to make some very impressive armor.
i was also disappointed to learn both the the tube steps and the rock rails were mounted to the body instead of the frame .... Jeep is the same I think
Sponsored

Fndinoc

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My xterra had a kickout plate, this is before I adjusted for the body lift so they are lower than they needed to be, but you can see the back portion, called a kickout plate is what I enjoyed and protected the doors more than anything else.

These were mounted to the frame, my biggest concern about the bronco rock sliders are they are mounted to the body, this seems like a recipe for disaster, with that being said I have them on my BB build, will bridge until I get different ones.
Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? 20170121_150545_001
Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? 20171013_152109
Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? 20171014_142606

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My xterra had a kickout plate, this is before I adjusted for the body lift so they are lower than they needed to be, but you can see the back portion, called a kickout plate is what I enjoyed and protected the doors more than anything else.
Nice. Who makes these?

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
factory sliders are not good enough for rock folks. Not close. I’ll like go square tubes that stick out more to better protect the body and turning pivots when in heavy bolder action.

Fndinoc

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice. Who makes these?
Actually custom made in phoenix, but generally a company called heftyfabworks and shrockworks had very similar options, I just wanted mine made to my specifications at the time.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? 2021 Bronco Trail Armor Rocker Panel and Fenders Corners Ford Performance OEM factory accessory

thinking of getting these ..... any thoughts? should i wait for aftermarket?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will wait for the usual suspects from the Jeep/4X4 world to come out with Bronco products. Would especially like to see sliders, front bumper and armor from Rockhard 4X4, Metalcloak and the like. I imagine it's going to be a while for some of the upper tier suppliers as the limited supply of Bronco's affects them just as much as us normal customers and has a cascade effect on measuring, prototyping, etc (not to mention all that the pandemic has wrought on supply chain et al). Early to market suppliers, just as with competing vehicles, frequently have fit and finish issues that often require customer "refinement" (cutting, drilling, . . . ) to make for a proper fit. Since I'm wayyyyy down on the delivery schedule here's hoping by the time I'm out there shopping we're on the other side of the development bell curve.

Sponsored

tapper881

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know that Ace Engineering (https://aceengineeringandfab.com/) and Barricade (https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-rock-sliders-2018-jl-4-door.html) both have options for a slider that can be used on Jeep Rubicons with the factory rock rails -- I'm hoping both produce a similar option for the Bronco.
yea that would be ideal to just have something that can be used w/ the factory rails. If they make it for jeep I am guessing we will see it for the bronco. Hopefully sooner than later.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what I can tell the sliders are body mounted which won't work for me. I'm going to hold off until someone puts out a nice frame mounted set. Same with my bumpers and skid plates, going to hold off for aftermarket. I think some companies are going to make some very impressive armor.
i was also disappointed to learn both the the tube steps and the rock rails were mounted to the body instead of the frame .... Jeep is the same I think
IMHO, the only downside is that they don't have more coverage under the Bronco and up the side of the Bronco. I also prefer having a tube welded on, but ABOVE the bottom of the body.
I believe the Ford ones would be more than adequate for the majority of Bronco Owners.

I've had both and I will take properly made BODY mounted rails over frame mounted rails All Day, Every Day. This is what I ran on my last jeep.
IMG_0128.JPG

They extend under the rocker panel area and they sandwich between the body and the frame mount. Most brands have 5 to 6 points that bolt through the side of the body to a metal panel on the inside of the vehicle.
While these are not the exact brand/model of what I had, this is a really good view of a similar product before installation
1615677762724.png

https://shop.poisonspyder.com/LJ-Ricochet-Rockers-p/15-50-050.htm

When you are rock crawling, every inch of clearance, at every point of the vehicle is important. Eliminating things that can catch on a rock, or worse get caught under the vehicle, and cause you to get hung up, are things to avoid. At that point, the vehicle is 100% stuck and would need a Hi-Lift Style Jack to lift up that side of the vehicle and then winch or try to drive out while on the jack. Been there, and done that to help out a fellow crawler who was jammed up.

It's much better to have an absolutely flat and smooth surface that can not get caught and slide over all rocks. The smaller your tires and the lower your body is, the more important this becomes.

I really hope Poison Spyder starts making Bronco products.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? 2021 Bronco Trail Armor Rocker Panel and Fenders Corners Ford Performance OEM factory accessory

thinking of getting these ..... any thoughts? should i wait for aftermarket?
Not a fan of the look of these options.
The idea is there i just think the execution failed

I have seen some diamond plate quarter panel covers for older FJ cruisers that I think look good.

Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? 1616953139684

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a fan of the look of these options.
The idea is there i just think the execution failed

I have seen some diamond plate quarter panel covers for older FJ cruisers that I think look good.

Ford Bronco Your plans for sliders/armor? 1616953139684
not crazy about the looks either, just want functionality without the diamond plate panels .... i know they are somewhat popular with jeep owners
Sponsored