Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone getting VINs regardless of reservation or build date, would also imply that no one would be able to edit their order even if they are a later in '21 build.

Its been previously discussed that you can edit your order until your VIN is assigned.
Sponsored

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
FYI, this is contradictory to what Esteban, the Bronco Brand Manager said in the Hostage Video. He said that people would get their "delivery window estimate" in May, and then be able to decide whether they wanted to change their build to expedite the VIN assignment and scheduling.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 17.14.27.png
After reading this-
So if Ford determines that there are no option changes that you could make that would impact the " delivery window estimate ", why would they contact you about removing options?
Sounds like some orders are about to be scheduled and Vin assigned before "May". Guess they will have no chance or need to modify their orders.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone getting VINs regardless of reservation or build date, would also imply that no one would be able to edit their order even if they are a later in '21 build.

Its been previously discussed that you can edit your order until your VIN is assigned.
I thought it was you could change trim but not body or driveline after the VIN is created. And once it’s scheduled then no changes. And at this point if you are still making changes... just stop.

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FYI, this is contradictory to what Esteban, the Bronco Brand Manager said in the Hostage Video. He said that people would get their "delivery window estimate" in May, and then be able to decide whether they wanted to change their build to expedite the VIN assignment and scheduling.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 17.14.27.png
Agreed (it’s contradictory), but what Esteban said didn’t really make logical sense. Ford is already maxed out for 2021 production, so what is the value in allowing people to continue to tinker with their build past the deadline in order to try to fit said build into 2021, when 2021 is at max capacity for production. That just seems..... stupid.

Ford was working in the opposite direction when they pushed certain features (ie painted hard top, mansquatch) into 2022 - hoping to get more people to push their builds back instead.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, I did not get one.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed (it’s contradictory), but what Esteban said didn’t really make logical sense. Ford is already maxed out for 2021 production, so what is the value in allowing people to continue to tinker with their build past the deadline in order to try to fit said build into 2021, when 2021 is at max capacity for production. That just seems..... stupid.

Ford was working in the opposite direction when they pushed certain features (ie painted hard top, mansquatch) into 2022 - hoping to get more people to push their builds back instead.
I agree, I think that may have been the original plan. Given the timelines, this seems to be a less plausible route now than a few months ago.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feels like a doctors office. We will be going from waiting room to waiting room until we finally are called in to the dealers room to be seen. At this point what's a few more rooms, I'm already here anyways.
Yeah, but it's starting to feel like a colorectal exam with a prostate screening for good measure.

Ultimately who knows and all of the speculation and "guessing" with a hint of lying in order to get some forum attention is sort of making things worse.

Sure, I'm an impatient guy; think most men are, but this isn't a process that we didn't see coming and Ford's communication may not be the best, but they've shared more detail in this roll out than I remember any other manufacturer sharing in the past. Then add COVID and the semiconductor shortage, high demand, and whatever else and it just seems like crap is just being made up at this point.

There isn't much logic to this....

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know how many people have ever special ordered a vehicle from Ford and used the tracking tools. I can only relate the emotions to watching your favorite football team play a game against its biggest rival when both teams are equally matched and the refs are from the Pac 12 and seemingly change the rules on a whim.

It's entertaining. It's frustrating. Just when you think its going good the momentum changes. You watch the action with your own eyes and still can't see the penalty that just got called.

Then in shipping its like a fumble and pile of bodies fighting for the ball in the 4th quarter and no one knows what the hell is going on. No one can tell you where it is or who has it. Not even the guys in the pile really know. After a long while it suddenly appears! Then you're happy, mad, and frustrated, all at the same time.

I'm looking forward to it again.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if order # has anything to do with when they were received ?? My # is 4821
If that's the case, what the heck does "E001" mean for mine? Must be the first one to roll off the assembly line lol j/k

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if order # has anything to do with when they were received ?? My # is 4821
Being only 4 digits, wouldn't this be dealer specific maybe?
Sponsored