Sponsored

NAPA Maxi Trac 300LPM dual cylinder air compressors - list of identical/rebranded compressors, some in stock

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a serious note, are parts available for these? It's not a huge deal at the NAPA price point but I hate throwing things away. My little Viair serves me well but it'd probably take forever to air up 4 35" tires so I'm in for a Tricky DICK (Dual Inflating Compressor Kit).
I haven't seen parts unfortunately.

Clever acronym!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BulldogBear

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing reviews and its super fast to fill up big tires. Probably the most impressive pump for the price. The only thing missing is vehicle specific mounting brackets for people to hide it either under the hood or wherever like in other vehicles. I hope the aftermarket takes care of that.
It's a fairly chunky boy, and I'm not sure where it would fit under the hood.

Other than a permanent, out-of-the-way location, I've never understood mounting a compressor under the hood. Heat is the enemy, not only to all the little rubber gaskets and plastic seals in the pumps, but to the efficiency of the pump.

I'd be interested to see the time difference for 4 tires using the ARB twin that was at ambient temperature vs one under the hood at normal engine bay temps. For reference, my single ARB fills the first 35" BFG KM2 in ~3 minutes. By the fourth tire, it's 6-7minutes and brand-your-skin hot.

OP
OP
BulldogBear

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might be letting the cat out of the bag a bit early, but I'm ordering 100 of these (to start). They won't be $50 though, there's a lot of overhead to factor in and they'll be sold from a legitimate business with a warranty. I do hope to be very competitive though and have a B6G discount of course. Once they're available I'll have a post with pricing in the sponsors section.
Put me down as a buyer as well. I mod'd my original Napa to include a pressure-cutoff switch, and to put it mildly, it was kind of a hack job. It still works, but I'm not sure for how much longer due to my own shenanigans.

Speaking of, does the model you ordered have the pressure cut-off?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I might be letting the cat out of the bag a bit early, but I'm ordering 100 of these (to start). They won't be $50 though, there's a lot of overhead to factor in and they'll be sold from a legitimate business with a warranty. I do hope to be very competitive though and have a B6G discount of course. Once they're available I'll have a post with pricing in the sponsors section.
I’d be down for one as well.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. For reference, my single ARB fills the first 35" BFG KM2 in ~3 minutes. By the fourth tire, it's 6-7minutes and brand-your-skin hot.
I was using a single cylinder Hazard Fraught unit for many years on smaller tires. The 35s turned out to be too much for it, as it stopped working on my last trip and was hotter than hell by the 4th tire.

Put me down as a buyer as well. I mod'd my original Napa to include a pressure-cutoff switch, and to put it mildly, it was kind of a hack job. It still works, but I'm not sure for how much longer due to my own shenanigans.

Speaking of, does the model you ordered have the pressure cut-off?
It was not advertised as having one so I presume not.

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in for the Tricky DICK.

OP
OP
BulldogBear

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NAPA (et. al.) New Owner Tips:

1. Prior to operating, open up the plastic housing on the top of the unit and check the main power supply line. Several YouTubers and others (including myself) found that the heavy gauge power supply & ground had wire strands poking out through the sheathing, and the sheathing didn't cover the entire length of cord. Everything is packed pretty tight in that housing, providing the opportunity for those stray wires to brush against some metal and short out the entire unit.

2. Prior to operating, open up both cylinders prior and make sure there is no debris/metal flakes in the chambers.

3. If you don't have a pressure cut-off switch on your unit (the NAPA doesn't), don't run the pump unless it's actually inflating something.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am 100% in for one. And will do a write up on adding a pressure relief/mounting if anyone is interested.

I can CAD a bracket for mounting it also if that gains any traction. I agree with the guy above that these pumps need to be outside for actual inflation though. They get very hot and rely on airflow to prevent them from overheating.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In for a Tricky DICK - thanks

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be interested in at least one maybe two of them from you sir. Please add me to the list.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BulldogBear

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any updates on the batch you ordered?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My current compressor has pretty much given up the ghost. It was never designed to pump up larger off road tires, let alone 4 of them.

Since i couldn't find any of the well-discussed Napa Max, I ordered a Smitty 2781 for $170. This is their 5.65 CFM (vs the 2780 with half that).

Google-foo says this compressor can pump up a 35" tire from aired-down back to norm in like 2 minutes.

I'll find out once Amazon delivers.

OP
OP
BulldogBear

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current compressor has pretty much given up the ghost. It was never designed to pump up larger off road tires, let alone 4 of them.

Since i couldn't find any of the well-discussed Napa Max, I ordered a Smitty 2781 for $170. This is their 5.65 CFM (vs the 2780 with half that).

Google-foo says this compressor can pump up a 35" tire from aired-down back to norm in like 2 minutes.

I'll find out once Amazon delivers.
I haven't ever heard much bad about Smitty, so hope it works for you.

Now, the real question about the time it takes to inflate that 35" tire - from what psi to what psi?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't ever heard much bad about Smitty, so hope it works for you.

Now, the real question about the time it takes to inflate that 35" tire - from what psi to what psi?
Yeah not sure And right now my Wrangler only has 32's. A did find a post on a wrangler forum where a guy said the smity went from 15 to 30-ish I think in like a minute and a half on 35s.

I built a 4 tire system and right now it takes my little compressor (that cost me like $70 a couple years ago) 20-30 minutes just to get my 32's from 20 to 34. I knew 35s were going to be unbearable so I'm sure the Smity will be much better than that! :)
Sponsored