gjackson

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m also stuck at the dealer with no eta on when it will get fixed. 8/6 bend and stuck on DM until last week of November. Now it’s just sitting at the dealer like everyone else here.
Sponsored

ghbronco71

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m also stuck at the dealer with no eta on when it will get fixed. 8/6 bend and stuck on DM until last week of November. Now it’s just sitting at the dealer like everyone else here.
Ford picked mine up from the dealership without warning or notice. It’s going back to the plant for the fix. My dealer asked “Why don’t you just send us the part and we can install it?”. Nope, Ford has to do it was the reply. It took 3-3.5 weeks to ship from Michigan to Louisiana. So I imagine I won’t get it back until Jan/Feb.

My dealer thought they were being scammed at first until he called Ford regarding the issue and found out that yes, this is how they’re handling the air bag recall.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And what qualifies as “late Q4” exactly? I mean, today is 12/1, so that’s pretty damn late in Q4 if you ask me. These ridiculous generalities need to stop at this point. Give a specific date, simple as that Ford. Parts exist because they’re being used in new builds, so this late Q4 seems to confirm what I’ve suspected all along, which is that Ford is fucking us all over while finishing the MY21 run first, then the part and bulletin will suddenly become available I bet. They should have prioritized correcting their mistake first and foremost.
All Dirt Mountain prisoners should get some kind of reparations... I mean seriously, WTF is Ford doing for people who don't have their vehicles... yet newer model 21s are being built; Mr. F*cktard "Communications" sucks. (sorry - just venting)

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the same thing they did with the hard top. Not their fault, was the manufacturer, but when they started getting the corrected version they have been putting them on new builds rather than the ones on Dirt Mountain. I think they just want to have the largest number of builds for the first year of production that they can for some reason. Shareholders?
exactly... who gives a flying f*ck about the customers... its all about the Benjamins

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford is telling you that it’s in the hands of the NHTSA then they’re lying to you. I actually contacted the person listed as the liaison within the agency in the NHTSA documents whose job is to coordinate with Ford. She flat out told me that it’s all in Ford’s hands and that they’ve been told by Ford that the part can’t be ordered because of constraints due to Covid. That’s a load of horseshit though because they’re building thousands of units since ours have been built, all using airbags. Someone else affected by the recall even gave the part number listed for the airbag in the documents to their dealer and that they were able to order the airbag, but now the dealer won’t install it because Ford is sitting on the recall and refusing to make this right. I also agree with you about the refusal to give us our trucks while others who happened to beat the recall and take delivery are allowed to continue driving them. I get the legal liability here, but to get double-hit with this just sucks. First we got stuck with the MIC tops because Ford refused to delivery our Bronco while others who happened to get lucky with their hardtop before the MIC issues shut things down were allowed to drive theirs, then we get hit again with the stop-sale over airbag issue while those delivered before the recall hit are allowed to continue driving theirs around. How Ford managed to avoid the issues that the other auto manufacturers did during the Great Recession is beyond me because they are one of the most pathetic excuses for a company, as has been proven over and over again with their launch failures.
Talking so supervisors and managers, I asked every one of them why it is that over 15,000 broncos have been built, delivered, AND purchased by customers since Oct. 4th when the recall came out. And they all said "we'll we can't speak for those broncos, we can only speak for your bronco." And then one guy even had the audacity to say "that's because other broncos are built at different plants, there's a lot of plants the broncos are built at"... These so called "bronco experts" don't even know what they're talking about... During the MIC fiasco, I was still on the edge of this being a fairly decent new vehicle roll out, seeing as it was happening right in the middle of Covid, but now with this airbag disaster, this rollout has shown just how pathetic Ford actually is... Sucks they make such great vehicles, because their business model is horrendous.

Sponsored

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford picked mine up from the dealership without warning or notice. It’s going back to the plant for the fix. My dealer asked “Why don’t you just send us the part and we can install it?”. Nope, Ford has to do it was the reply. It took 3-3.5 weeks to ship from Michigan to Louisiana. So I imagine I won’t get it back until Jan/Feb.

My dealer thought they were being scammed at first until he called Ford regarding the issue and found out that yes, this is how they’re handling the air bag recall.

It's pretty pathetic that we'll be receiving 2021 broncos that were built 6-8 months ago, after hundreds, if not thousands of 2022 broncos will have been delivered...

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

That is complete and utter bullshit on Ford’s part. They sat on them at the dealerships for a month and a half, during which time they could have picked them up and shipped them back. Now they’ve wasted nearly 2 months and we’re supposed to somehow be okay with this? Unless they are planning to hotshot them back out immediately then this is absolutely unacceptable.

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is complete and utter bullshit on Ford’s part. They sat on them at the dealerships for a month and a half, during which time they could have picked them up and shipped them back. Now they’ve wasted nearly 2 months and we’re supposed to somehow be okay with this? Unless they are planning to hotshot them back out immediately then this is absolutely unacceptable.
Or the fact that they even shipped them with faulty airbags in the first place... If they have to go back to MAP for the fix, why even ship them to dealerships. All it did was piss us off even more. I'd be less pissed if I couldn't put my hands on my bronco, instead of driving past it every day, knowing it's just gonna sit in yet another parking lot for some bs reason. And now they've wasted time, and TONS of money shipping these broncos back and forth to dealerships and now back to the plant.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All Dirt Mountain prisoners should get some kind of reparations... I mean seriously, WTF is Ford doing for people who don't have their vehicles... yet newer model 21s are being built; Mr. F*cktard "Communications" sucks. (sorry - just venting)
FE’s got compensated for their MOD top if they agreed to move to a MIC, so they definitely need to compensate for this airbag issue. Assuming they really are shipping them all the way to Michigan for the repair rather than send the airbag to the dealer, we’re looking at 2-3 months, or longer, for them to get there and back! So we have to take a 6-8 month old vehicle? I’m fine with buying a year end vehicle when there’s a significant year end discount applied, or if not, they need to compensate the same as they did for the MOD tops, plain and simple.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The other issue not being discussed here is that during the time we are stuck waiting, we can’t get finances in order since we have no way of knowing how far out it will extend before we can actually sign the paperwork purchasing the vehicle. In the meantime, the cost of borrowing is going up thanks to inflation, so by the time Ford gets their shit together and gives us out Broncos we can kiss those ultra low interest rates goodbye potentially.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The other issue not being discussed here is that during the time we are stuck waiting, we can’t get finances in order since we have no way of knowing how far out it will extend before we can actually sign the paperwork purchasing the vehicle. In the meantime, the cost of borrowing is going up thanks to inflation, so by the time Ford gets their shit together and gives us out Broncos we can kiss those ultra low interest rates goodbye potentially.
That was one of my thoughts. Luckily I got mine mid November, but really, I had no idea how long it would take for delivery. I also had to sell a car that I needed to drive every day, and I was concerned with mileage and potentially damaging my car before sale. I actually had a buyer in July for my car and the offer was $1000 more than I was able to get for my car a couple of weeks ago.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I posted over in DM thread but figured I'd post here as well...dealer emailed me today that mine has been released and waiting shipment, and Ford tracker changed back to built. I was a 8/11 blend date and airbag recall on DM. Hope others get the same news soon.

Disclaimer: I have not 100% confirmed that airbag was replaced and it's not just a mistake.

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted over in DM thread but figured I'd post here as well...dealer emailed me today that mine has been released and waiting shipment, and Ford tracker changed back to built. I was a 8/11 blend date and airbag recall on DM. Hope others get the same news soon.

Disclaimer: I have not 100% confirmed that airbag was replaced and it's not just a mistake.
Any word on your recall status? I was also a 8/11 blend date and DM survivor that got delivered on 11/16 with the recall still open.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any word on your recall status? I was also a 8/11 blend date and DM survivor that got delivered on 11/16 with the recall still open.
No recall update. Dealer just got a message saying it's on Ramp for pick up. I'm hopeful that it was fixed and going out and not a shipping mistake. When I check ford tracker, it now shows built again vs in production which it was switched back to with recall. So, there was definitely something done and QC. I was scheduled for pick up on 10/4, same day as recall, so needless to say I'll believe it when I see it.

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond