toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
FoMoCo was the best Company Iever worked for.

I also worked Corporate at Nissan and Hyundai. I retired from Toyota.
That is very interesting! Thanks for sharing
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, I'll be able to get $500 for military, but I also plan to get the Xplan from the mustang club once i join. i know i have to have the membership at least 60 days prior to placing official car order. I guess it can save me some money, MCA is only $25 for annual membership so its worth it even if its only a few hundred dollars savings
As military or a veteran, you can also get X-plan via Veteran's Advantage. Just signed up for this myself.
Sign up is free, but a lot of the discounts (including X-plan) require you to pay for the Vet Rewards membership. Normally $60 a year, but somewhere around 50% off right now. More expensive than Mustang club, but a lot of additional discounts along with it.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As military or a veteran, you can also get X-plan via Veteran's Advantage. Just signed up for this myself.
Sign up is free, but a lot of the discounts (including X-plan) require you to pay for the Vet Rewards membership. Normally $60 a year, but somewhere around 50% off right now. More expensive than Mustang club, but a lot of additional discounts along with it.
Thanks for link on Veteran's Advantage I'll check out. Would this add to Z plan discount?

This will certainly give away my age, but I was US Army 71-74 and I stilllove this country very much and would do it again.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for link on Veteran's Advantage I'll check out. Would this add to Z plan discount?

This will certainly give away my age, but I was US Army 71-74 and I stilllove this country very much and would do it again.
I'm actually not that familiar with Ford's plan pricing, but my impression is no. I think you can use either X-plan or Z, but not both. There's also the factor that not all dealers have confirmed honoring the X-plan pricing.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you my dad? He worked for Ford in sales forever. Then to Ford Credit, Nissan Canada, and retired from Toyota Canada

Sponsored

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you my dad? He worked for Ford in sales forever. Then to Ford Credit, Nissan Canada, and retired from Toyota Canada
That's funny. I thought I was the only fool that ever jumped around so much. My dad was a tool and die maker out of the Lackawanna Stamping Plant (Buffalo). I started FoMoCo after Army and College (BS Automotive and Diesel Engineering). Car business in my blood. Started as a P&S Rep for Ford then L&M Zone Manager to Nissan Parts Product Development Mgr to Hyundai HMFC then Regional Sales Manager to Toyota retiring from Toyota (TMCC) Commercial Finance. My wife retired from Nissan and I'm hoping my daughter (MS Mechanical Engineering) comes to love the car business as much as I did lol.

Now, I'm old, fat, cranky and going to buy my first Ford since my 1984 TBird! The Blue Oval still stamped on my butt after all these years ! lol Ask your dad about the imprint it makes on your soul.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thanks.

So: Invoice -(2-3%) - holdback - advertising + destination. Correct?

Is there a $ limit dealer can charge on doc fee under a Z plan deal?

Do you happen to know how dealers are compensated and if Extended Service Contracts are invoice priced under plan? I believe in this product.

When I worked for FoMoCo the Extended Service Contract was called ESP. At the time I made the single largest ESP sale in Company history. I was calling on the LA fleets and LAX rental companies. After a presentation on benefits of plan I contacted dealer who sold them contracts at invoice which resulted in dealer receiving a sizeable bonus for all contracts sold for the year, not just this deal which alonewas well over 1,000 contracts. Deal also increased his service business. Both parties happy. It was reported in Automotive Fleet Magazine and internally at FoMoCo. Shortly therafter the whole business changed to attact commercial fleets of all kinds.

I have a 2016 Flex bought under Z-Plan. $75 doc fee. A dealer cannot deviate from this as they must submit the A/Z pricing to Ford after the sale. GM emplyee orders work pfretty much the same way.

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it's worth, the Ford X-Plan Rules, dated 6 July 2015, state, under "Ineligible Products"
  • Certain commercial use or specialty products and certain "low-supply" vehicles as defined by Ford and Lincoln. Click here for a specific list of Ineligible Products
It doesn't define "low supply", but on the list of ineligible products, the Raptor is listed. You could argue Raptor is not a limited production vehicle, but it is low supply, so I won't be surprised either way whatever Ford decides for X-Plan for the initial year or so of the Bronco. Certainly, I'm hoping for X-Plan!

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know about X plan, but what are the other letters? which one offers better incentives?
A is for employees and immediate family, biggest savings.

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks.

So: Invoice -(2-3%) - holdback - advertising + destination. Correct?

Is there a $ limit dealer can charge on doc fee under a Z plan deal?

Do you happen to know how dealers are compensated and if Extended Service Contracts are invoice priced under plan? I believe in this product.

When I worked for FoMoCo the Extended Service Contract was called ESP. At the time I made the single largest ESP sale in Company history. I was calling on the LA fleets and LAX rental companies. After a presentation on benefits of plan I contacted dealer who sold them contracts at invoice which resulted in dealer receiving a sizeable bonus for all contracts sold for the year, not just this deal which alonewas well over 1,000 contracts. Deal also increased his service business. Both parties happy. It was reported in Automotive Fleet Magazine and internally at FoMoCo. Shortly therafter the whole business changed to attact commercial fleets of all kinds.

A plan saved me $8000 on my F250.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well this answeres my question. I too was told by my reserving dealership that it would not be available. Just emailed them back with my new found information.
Yep, and if they don't want to say they will take it in writing (Dealerships can opt out of the program if they choose), switch that reservation because there are a ton who have stated they will take it.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope they make X plan well worth it. Rumors are its not much off MSRP for the Bronco. I hope thats not true.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t think dealers have to
I just talked to my local salesperson at the Ford dealership and he informed me that Ford will not be doing any Pricing Plans (A/D/X/Z plans) on the Ford Bronco lineup. I have heard they may do X plan but that has not been confirmed. Has anyone heard anything about this?
accept
I hope they make X plan well worth it. Rumors are its not much off MSRP for the Bronco. I hope thats not true.
some dealers have better incentives than the x plan on other vehicles.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just talked to my local salesperson at the Ford dealership and he informed me that Ford will not be doing any Pricing Plans (A/D/X/Z plans) on the Ford Bronco lineup. I have heard they may do X plan but that has not been confirmed. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Sounds like you need to change dealers.
Sponsored