Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looking around at some photos, this one is probably the best at indicating the actual color you can expect from the MIC top if no changes are made to the material.

Bronco.PNG
That looks closer to the top on the cactus grey 4-door I saw. Not discounting anyone’s opinion on this, both of them looked incredible.

F699D855-4DA5-4285-8E1D-058192990413.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One nice thing about the molded in color top vs a painted too. It'll greatly reduced how long it takes to wash and wax it

Not having to worry about water spots on the top is sweet

They really shouldn't use the same name for gloss body paint and a matte molded in plastic color. That's almost certainly going to cause a problem later
Isn't there a difference in quality between the MIC Carbonized gray and the body color top?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks closer to the top on the cactus grey 4-door I saw. Not discounting anyone’s opinion on this, both of them looked incredible.

F699D855-4DA5-4285-8E1D-058192990413.jpeg
OK, that looks good with Cactus Gray
Isn't there a difference in quality between the MIC Carbonized gray and the body color top?
Painted tops are modular. Seems to be an extra removable panel over the back seats. Not sure if each, or neither, has removable rear quarter windows.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Painted tops are modular. Seems to be an extra removable panel over the back seats. Not sure if each, or neither, has removable rear quarter windows.
The Carbonized Gray top in the photo above appears to be modular. You can see the cut line at the B pillar. Not sure if the side windows are removable.

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a gray hardtop would clash with every color considering the doorhandles, flares, bumpers etc will be black.

In my opinion, there isn't a single color Bronco that wouldn't look better with a black hardtop over a gray one.

I don't get the gray thing at all, and if that's all that's offered, Im just gonna save money and stick with a black soft top. I want black textured or white textured. Not gray, not painted body color.

EDIT: I want black, textured, matte or flat BLACK. Not painted black. Not glossy black.
Studawg -- I'm with you on the Black... My build will be a 2 door Badlands, with Oxford White, Black grill, door handles, and fender flares. The grill on the Badlands is noted to be the Carbonized Gray, but I hope it can also be changed to Black.

If any other color is used, it should be the "old school" white top, with a white grill and fender flares. I think that the white would look best on Race Red and Area 51, because it not only compliments, but it also contrasts those colors. It would also look good on Cactus... and just OK on most of the others.

I think they came up with this carbonized gray top, to compliment the Carbonized Gray grill color on the upper models... but it would look like crap, with most of the paint colors.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess we will find out soon enough

It certainly seems that the body color top would be a premium option vs the mic top. Mic doesn't need paint and with every truck getting the same color it's logistically easier than 11 colors to paint

Yelie

First Edition
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MINI JCW, 2019 Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like the gray hardtop - fine with the color. I wouldn't care for gloss black. Maybe more of a semi/flat black hardtop as on my Jeep would be ok. White looks cool, and while I wouldn't go that route, hoping Ford offers white because I'd like to see those driving around. Kind of a classic style.
I agree, I don't want one myself with white but I want to be able to admire other peoples!

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, the 4 door has a removable mid panel over the passenger area. The smaller removable panel on the 2 door basically takes the place of not having that panel.
And the removable rear windows are only on the modular? 2 and 4 door? I had thought that the back seat panel was only on the modular, but it's also on MIC?

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the removable rear windows are only on the modular? 2 and 4 door? I had thought that the back seat panel was only on the modular, but it's also on MIC?
Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray 1596494257825

yes, it's on the MIC

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Color comparison...

Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray 1596494257825
It’s going to look terrible with velocity blue(my choice). Ill have to either buy dual tops for body color and either PPF or wrap(dont really want to), or up trim to sandsquatch or badlands to get gloss black top.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want the modular hard top in black. But molded in black not painted. Just for the fact that a modledin color will hold up much better than a painted top.
Sponsored