indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why arent we talking about the white top as well? Or have some people written that off?
While I realize buying a new car and then having to repaint the hardtop is not ideal, I've found paint sticks very well on my Jeep hardtop. So for those who want a white top Bronco, the option is there, and you can remove the top and spray in the garage or something away from the Bronco and other stuff. Actually due to the uneven finish of my Jeep top, even rolling on a color looks ok.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my concern is that i dont have a garage or fully covered parking area. Although it is somewhat shaded. At least im in the northeast though.

Curious to know how the hardtop would hold up in 10 years in uncovered parking. Leaks, nasty stains on a white hardtop, etc.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜12 Lexus GX, ā€˜75 Bronco Sport ā€œBuddyā€
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Both you guys outrank me, as I'm just watching from the peanut gallery....but here's the post from Bronco Guy:

I can't speak to every early prototype MIC top that might be floating around on test mules as they were made in Germany before the tooling was shipped to the USA. All I can say with absolute certainty is that there is now one color available and it's the blueish black one I've mentioned.
Iā€™m not saying anyone else is right or wrong, Iā€™m only relaying what Iā€™ve seen with my eyes. Thereā€™s a lot of speculation right now and Iā€™m just clarifying what I saw.

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not saying anyone else is right or wrong, Iā€™m only relaying what Iā€™ve seen with my eyes. Thereā€™s a lot of speculation right now and Iā€™m just clarifying what I saw.

I'm going by what Ford has published in their own colorizer website.

If there is a black MIC, show it to me. I don't want to see some shadowy photo taken at the brink of dawn. Show me a fully illuminated MIC black top.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must say that the standard hardtop looks great for colors like Area 51 and Cactus Grey, but the coloration and the name of the color is lacking a proper description.
If I pick a carbonized gray Bronco, I'd 'assume' that the carbonized gray hardtop would match. Be careful on this assumption. carbonized gray are two different colors...

1596474983486.png

I'll stick with cactus gray for now, but I do want to see all the colors - and hard tops - in person ASAP.
The Carbonized Gray depicted in the colorizer is nowhere near the real color. You can tell how far off it is by comparing it to the grille on the 2-door. Carbonized Gray is the default grille color for the Badlands and it is pretty close judging by pics from the Mach-E and Bronco Sport. The colorizer version of CG is much, much darker. It happens when they have one shot of a vehicle and have to CGI in the various paint schemes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Carbonized Gray depicted in the colorizer is nowhere near the real color. You can tell how far off it is by comparing it to the grille on the 2-door. Carbonized Gray is the default grille color for the Badlands and it is pretty close judging by pics from the Mach-E and Bronco Sport. The colorizer version of CG is much, much darker. It happens when they have one shot of a vehicle and have to CGI in the various paint schemes.
Still doesn't match the color by the same name.
Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray 1596489092484

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm going by what Ford has published in their own colorizer website.

If there is a black MIC, show it to me. I don't want to see some shadowy photo taken at the brink of dawn. Show me a fully illuminated MIC black top.
This one is black. It may very well be an early test top like Bronco Guy said, but it is most definitely black MIC. I know Fordā€™s site is showing grey MIC only right now. Iā€™m not in any way saying black MIC is an option, but it definitely exists on some of the test mules.

25DF348B-DF6E-466B-A460-44B2E0CE53D8.jpeg

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You mean people have different tastes, do tell. :D

Seriously, my biggest deal with a painted hard top is the scratches you are bound to get if you remove it often, especially for the Ford version of the freedom panels. For the colors I'm looking at I agree the painted black looks better new, I'm just worried about longevity.

Same as with the shiny stainless steel refrigerators that looks awesome new but 5-10 years down the road the textured gray aluminum holds up way better. I'm sure there are more than a few overlanders here, you will know what I'm talking about.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still doesn't match the color by the same name.
Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray 25DF348B-DF6E-466B-A460-44B2E0CE53D8
This is Carbonized Gray on the Mach E which is pretty close to the grille and hardtop. The MIC plastic will have a bit more of a flatter finish than the paint but the colors should be close.

Carbonized Grey Mach-E Mustang 2.jpg

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i like it to be honest. it has a gun metal look to it. its different than just black and the painted top would look nice but i would just scratch it up. easier to wrap the removable fenders to match anyway than to wrap the top to match the black fenders if its needs it.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My hope is the current colorizer is off....below are 2 Shadow Black broncos...BC's on top & colorizer below. They may be exactly the same top?

Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray 1596491199597

Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray 1596491267080

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My hope is the current colorizer is off....below are 2 Shadow Black broncos...BC's on top & colorizer below. They may be exactly the same top?

1596491199597.png

1596491267080.png
The one in the colorizer definitely looks gray. I really hope they make a black MIC one available, but as of now, they haven't. That they have mules driving around with black MIC tops makes it worse. ?

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It will be good to see more real pictures that arenā€™t CGI as we go deeper into the fall. CGI is never as accurate as youā€™d like.

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd agree, but the black is a high gloss shadow black.

I want black molded in color, not painted black.
May I ask why you prefer molded vs painted? Is it durability when handling or storing it?
Sponsored