Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone at BN pulling the “it’s 28 motors out of 73% of all broncos delivered” crap again. Whatever they can do to lower the failure rate and keep the rainbows flowing!
He’s saying 2.7’s are essentially 73% of all broncos delivered so far. Probably pretty close, but again- this is not 28 out if that number. It’s 28 out of forum member owned 2.7’s.
Just be thankful you don’t have a brain like that.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2.7L is squarely in the danger zone, a verified failure on my exact date, and I'm right at the upper end of mileage, so it should be happening any day now. I can sit at home or drive something else, but I choose trial by combat. It either won't fail, or they'll have a fun time towing it out of the places I'm taking this thing, and the mechanics will have a fun time picking valves out of the muffler. It's kind of a win/win to me.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there nothing that can be done preemptively, service-wise for those of us who are in or close to the (known) "danger zone"? I've noticed an electrical flicker in the instrument cluster a few times, although I think it only happened when the ASS was on and I took my foot off the brake at a light. Reminds me of an issue I had with a loose battery connection in my Taurus but I checked the battery terminals and nothing was loose. Anyone else experience this, especially if your engine blew?

Sponsored

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there nothing that can be done preemptively, service-wise for those of us who are in or close to the (known) "danger zone"? I've noticed an electrical flicker in the instrument cluster a few times, although I think it only happened when the ASS was on and I took my foot off the brake at a light. Reminds me of an issue I had with a loose battery connection in my Taurus but I checked the battery terminals and nothing was loose. Anyone else experience this, especially if your engine blew?
I had a similar issue tonight pulling out of driveway. The instrument cluster flickered, check engine light flashed, engine seemed to stall for a split second, then fired up and was fine the rest of the drive. Waiting...

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a similar issue tonight pulling out of driveway. The instrument cluster flickered, check engine light flashed, engine seemed to stall for a split second, then fired up and was fine the rest of the drive. Waiting...
There was an audible "click" when mine flickered. Did you notice that also?

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There was an audible "click" when mine flickered. Did you notice that also?
I didn't, but I could have just missed it. Radio was already blaring. I will report back if it happens again tomorrow.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There were reports of loose fasteners common to the fuse box...could this contribute?

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Better dump these heaps before the used car market bubble bursts and ‘21 Bronco 2.7s become universally infamous for their unreliability

;)

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there nothing that can be done preemptively, service-wise for those of us who are in or close to the (known) "danger zone"?
Until we know what fails, why it fails, and the conditions in which it occurs, we'll never have an answer to that. Right now all we can really say is
a) drive it well beyond the statistical "danger zone" and hope you don't change those statistics
b) park it and don't even bother starting it until the issue is identified and TSB/recalls issued
c) sell it and get something else?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Life insurance company wanted to know today why I was significantly increasing the policy on my wife. Told them because she drives her new Bronco w/ the 2.7 through mountain passes & shelf roads (8k-10k’) on a regular basis with many not having shoulders to pull off on when her engine blows.

And from my experience w/ my ‘17 f150 and the 3.5EB, it was sh*t show every time it went to the dealership. I gave up after the 4th trip and having 17 different codes popping up along with electronics stop working. Fixed it myself with 2 sensors that they damaged when working on other issues. Funny thing is, its now been trouble-free for 1.5yrs/20k miles and not been back to the dealership during that time.
Sponsored