Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the utilitarian look of the steel wheels but they also give off a “beater car” vibe that doesn’t quite make sense on a $40k SUV.
Roll with em’! My company car is a Dodge and that alone is close to “beater” status but it wears the steel look well lol.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread DD54AEC7-69E7-4A72-9E84-9C6ECF1F9448
Sponsored

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands 4door reserved and was planning on 2.3 manual, mid package, but some posts indicating this might be over $50k has me seriously considering Black Diamond, adding 210 front and lockers if I want, Ford or aftermarket small lift, fender flare and do my own wheels and 35s if I choose. I believe the 4.46 gears should be sufficient unless there turns out to be an option for 4.7. I need the marine grade vinyl and washout floors. This Bronco will do beach duty and maybe some camping or easy trails so I don’t need front sway disconnect or really even front lockers. I live on a sandbar.

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey,

So my plan has been set on a SasDiamond for awhile (amazed I managed to settle when I was bouncing between 3 models for the first couple of weeks :ROFLMAO: )

I'm planning the mid package too for the remote start and heated seats

My questions come from the need for the Sasquatch, yes it looks awesome but I love the look of the Badlands on 33s....I'm never going to be trying Rubicon the Bronco is a daily driver with the occasional camping trip, taking the mountain bike out and maybe a little light overlanding duty

Do I really need the front locker, lift, 4.70 FD and 35s from the Sasquatch, or would a small aftermarket lift (or even factory if it's available) and 33s on a BD be enough? Suppose it depends on cost...

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey,

So my plan has been set on a SasDiamond for awhile (amazed I managed to settle when I was bouncing between 3 models for the first couple of weeks :ROFLMAO: )

I'm planning the mid package too for the remote start and heated seats

My questions come from the need for the Sasquatch, yes it looks awesome but I love the look of the Badlands on 33s....I'm never going to be trying Rubicon the Bronco is a daily driver with the occasional camping trip, taking the mountain bike out and maybe a little light overlanding duty

Do I really need the front locker, lift, 4.70 FD and 35s from the Sasquatch, or would a small aftermarket lift (or even factory if it's available) and 33s on a BD be enough? Suppose it depends on cost...
Sounds like you could easily get by w/o the Squatch based on that intended use.......unless you'd rather leave room for growth as your interests may change, especially with a more capable vehicle to start with

A lot of my favorite getaway spots are not very receptive right now with the virus and political atmospheres.....who knows when that will end? Based on what I see from just beginner/moderate walking and mountain biking trails out here near my house, and national park mountain traffic, people are really into exploring the outdoors more than ever.......so you may want something capable that can take you a little further away from the mainstream crowds if this all keeps up

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like you could easily get by w/o the Squatch based on that intended use.......unless you'd rather leave room for growth as your interests may change, especially with a more capable vehicle to start with

A lot of my favorite getaway spots are not very receptive right now with the virus and political atmospheres.....who knows when that will end? Based on what I see from just beginner/moderate walking and mountain biking trails out here near my house, and national park mountain traffic, people are really into exploring the outdoors more than ever.......so you may want something capable that can take you a little further away from the mainstream crowds if this all keeps up
That's a good point...I guess if funds allow I should stump out for the Squatch just incase...bring on the B&P!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco21fan

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes 42k is my absolute max . Praying I can get the Bd Squatched with the 2.7 and the mid package at that price. The 35's ill take the chance they do alright in these ohio winters
This is my dream scenario as well

FireSquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm putting potal hubs on my bronco. 100%. Maybe not right off the bat but its gonna happen

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's a good point...I guess if funds allow I should stump out for the Squatch just incase...bring on the B&P!!
“Buy once, cry once” I think is the phrase I’ve heard more than once here.

swallow the pill and get it done right the first time. (Trust me, I’m trying to convince myself to drop the extra coin now, too. Lol.)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It would make sense from a manufacturing perspective to only offer the M210 axle in 4.70 gears and front locker in a package. They contract for one complete product. Would not be a bad package to get for the BD though, gears, front locker, and axle. I'd be excited.

I do not think the front locker will be a la carte as I don't think there's any way they would put one in the M190.
If they came with the 210, front locker and required 4.70 gear then that's sasquatch.

The only thing that leads me to believe that the 210 will be offered outside of the sasquatch package is that in the chart they have clearly listed "(w/Sasquatch Pkg.)" for all items that come in the sasquatch only, and the 210 is only listed under the "Available" section without mention of Sasquatch.

Now, as a federal compliance auditor, i've gotten in trouble in the past by assuming continuity, but what you say makes sense.

Also, like the idea of Raptor coating the roof! I had been looking at SEM vinyl coat myself, but Raptor might be the way to go, assuming you don't mind it being fully matte and with a rougher texture... It will all come down to options and build!

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1596731398680

Bronco comparison chart

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone know what the stock gearing on the BD is?
One of the posted spreadsheets shows 3.73 for non locking and 4.27 locking.
Rear locking is standard...... so 4.27??

I want to build up a base model to my liking to save some $$. But the BD sure has much of what I desire.

Sponsored

Ween

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
🛰
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to build up a base model to my liking to save some $$. But the BD sure has much of what I desire.
I think this is right
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread A143B64B-1A43-475C-B403-C7BB8393B6F3

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this a Black Diamond? I originally reserved the Badlands, but I need something lower due to a handicap. This one might work.

Looks like Bd wheels but not bd front bumper

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

937B87D6-7585-400A-BBB9-6AE11F1389F0.png

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks!
The BD has slightly smaller dia tires at 31.4" compared to BB (32.1") and OB (32.1"), yet has steeper 4.46:1 gearing. Likely better for off-road vs on-road use.
Wonder why the BB and OB show 2 different avail ratios. Will have to wait until the more detailed order forms come out.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve had a few barley pops and realized the Black Diamond with 2.7L, AT, and Mid package, fits my current needs and the next 5 year use much better than the Badlands. Yeah the Badlands additional off-road options would be great, but I’d never use them where I live currently and for the next 15-20 years.

I can’t wait for these to roll out! Have a good weekend everyone.
Sponsored