Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The badge stays until I order. Ha

The only thing I'd really want from the Badlands is the axle. Front locker... Meh... Sway disconnect... I can do manual. Tires... They always need replacing anyway.

I like the one-and-done idea of the Badlands. I can afford either.... But I like to save money where I can. Bronco is already a frivolous purchase. Not sure I need to spend a few thousand more on some buttons.

There is a growing suspicion in my excel build sheet that the 210 axle will only be offered if you have the front locker. One of those traditional "package deals" that manufacturers put together these days that you can't get one without the other, and for a few more of your duckets.

And so true on the tires! There are a few who will be getting free powdercoating on their wheels, for the rest of us we get the finger of shame from that rattle can.... ?
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do I add the little trim badge to my profile showing Black Diamond?
Account details, then scroll down to "Bronco:" and put in your choice

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If these are even close to accurate (I'm not doubting you at all btw), then I'd be in for these upgrades minus Sasquatch. I'd take my BD for $41k. Well under the price of a Badlands with mid, 2.7L and AT upgrades that I think I'd want. Granger pricing from the excel sheet I'd be at ~$38629.

Or for the ~$3700 (2.7L, AT and mid), do I stick these options on the Badlands and roll with the other options, which come standard on the Badlands? Granger pricing from the excel sheet I'd be at ~$44461 LOL. I keep debating... $6k basically for the upgraded front axle, 33" tires and disconnects, Hhhhmmmmm.

Keeping it under $40k for basically everything I'd want is really enticing to switch to team Black Diamond.
I am thinking the same thing that $ difference is going to go a long way on obtaining other cool aftermarket add on stuff.

jrobVT

Base
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery 5 - Range Rover P38
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have reserved a BD but trying to figure out what the advantage of the "advanced 4x4" is on the badlands...

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. The locking front diff (which I believe will be a stand-alone $700 option)
2. The 210 front axle (which I believe will come along with the locking diff upgrade mentioned above)
I hope you are right about this.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If these are even close to accurate (I'm not doubting you at all btw), then I'd be in for these upgrades minus Sasquatch. I'd take my BD for $41k. Well under the price of a Badlands with mid, 2.7L and AT upgrades that I think I'd want. Granger pricing from the excel sheet I'd be at ~$38629.

Or for the ~$3700 (2.7L, AT and mid), do I stick these options on the Badlands and roll with the other options, which come standard on the Badlands? Granger pricing from the excel sheet I'd be at ~$44461 LOL. I keep debating... $6k basically for the upgraded front axle, 33" tires and disconnects, Hhhhmmmmm.

Keeping it under $40k for basically everything I'd want is really enticing to switch to team Black Diamond.
Some of the same things I debate, staying under 42k would be awesome and this is why I’ve been leaning towards the BD..

love the option of 33s right from the factory

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I hope you are right about this.
Crossing fingers! Or they make you buy them both (or get neither) and charge you $1,299 :)

There are plenty of other options out of those 200 they say are coming that people will want which it doesn't seem people are budgeting for.

Personally, i'm budgeting about 3,000 for factory options other than the locking diff/210 axle. (2-door, 2.3, MT, Black Diamond, no-charge color)
  • White roof (~$1,000)
  • Roof rack ($800)
  • Grill of choice ($200)(will custom paint on my own)
  • ~$1,000 worth of interior handles, trim pieces, tie downs, colorized options and if that doesn't come through Paint Protection Film on hood and front fenders

BerserkerDin

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bishi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Standard Black Diamond:
bronco_blackdiamond-jpg.jpg

Black Diamond on 33s:
bronco_blackdiamond_33-jpg.jpg

Black Diamond with the Sasquatch on 35s:
bronco_blackdiamond_35-jpg.jpg

I don't know guys, I'm leaning really hard toward the Black Diamond on 33s with a 2" lift, that would leave me with a locking rear and non-locking front(which is the worst part of going that route for me). I will also forfeit the position sensitive Bilstein shocks and high clearance suspension, fenders etc. IDK, I guess it will boil down to price in the end.

From a post on here, the 2.7L Ecoboost(Est. off F150): $995, 10-speed auto(mandatory for v6)(Est. off Mustang Ecoboost) $1595, Mid Package(Est off Ranger SuperCrew) $1135, Sasquatch Package for Badlands: $3055, for the Black Diamond Est. $5055(lacks the upgraded suspension of the bad lands). So my guess is Black Diamond pricing would be:

For the 33s, small engine and manual trans: $36,050(package price) + $2,250 (33s/wheels/lift est) + $1495 (Dealer Delivery) = $39,795 Est.

For the Sasquatch Package and everything that I really want): $36,050(package price) + $995(2.7L V6 upgrade) + $1595 (auto tranny upgrade) +$1135(Mid Package(Est off Ranger SuperCrew)) , $5055(Sasquatch) + $1495 Dealer Delivery = $46,325.00 Est.

Wow, I think I'm liking the steelies more and more..

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have reserved a BD but trying to figure out what the advantage of the "advanced 4x4" is on the badlands...
That's the 4-auto option. It's an on-street mode for bad weather. It is an option on all trims where it is not standard.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is a growing suspicion in my excel build sheet that the 210 axle will only be offered if you have the front locker. One of those traditional "package deals" that manufacturers put together these days that you can't get one without the other, and for a few more of your duckets.

And so true on the tires! There are a few who will be getting free powdercoating on their wheels, for the rest of us we get the finger of shame from that rattle can.... ?

It would make sense from a manufacturing perspective to only offer the M210 axle in 4.70 gears and front locker in a package. They contract for one complete product. Would not be a bad package to get for the BD though, gears, front locker, and axle. I'd be excited.

I do not think the front locker will be a la carte as I don't think there's any way they would put one in the M190.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Crossing fingers! Or they make you buy them both (or get neither) and charge you $1,299 :)

There are plenty of other options out of those 200 they say are coming that people will want which it doesn't seem people are budgeting for.

Personally, i'm budgeting about 3,000 for factory options other than the locking diff/210 axle. (2-door, 2.3, MT, Black Diamond, no-charge color)
  • White roof (~$1,000)
  • Roof rack ($800)
  • Grill of choice ($200)(will custom paint on my own)
  • ~$1,000 worth of interior handles, trim pieces, tie downs, colorized options and if that doesn't come through Paint Protection Film on hood and front fenders
I'm going to have a white roof, but I'm not paying much for it. If it is more than $200 or so, I will raptor line mine in white, since it will make it more resistant to scratches. Same with the grill and wheels.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going to have a white roof, but I'm not paying much for it. If it is more than $200 or so, I will raptor line mine in white, since it will make it more resistant to scratches. Same with the grill and wheels.
Don’t be surprised if it doubles the price. I know it was a $1200 option on the jeeps on the B&P

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t be surprised if it doubles the price. I know it was a $1200 option on the jeeps on the B&P

Yeah, I'm not paying that much for something getting scratched anyway. The raptor lining will look good on the textured top, but more durable, and be way cheaper.

Kingdre87

Black Diamond
First Name
Deondray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of the same things I debate, staying under 42k would be awesome and this is why I’ve been leaning towards the BD..

love the option of 33s right from the factory
Yes 42k is my absolute max . Praying I can get the Bd Squatched with the 2.7 and the mid package at that price. The 35's ill take the chance they do alright in these ohio winters
Sponsored