stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, I meant there are thousands of non-B6G broncos out and about, not that there were thousands of blown engines.
Sponsored

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
- according to a Ford source . . re availability of replacements:

'MB3E-6007-AA . . running complete assembly . . running completes are all but unobtainium.'

Comment -
- as posted earlier, the part#'s for the heads (i.e. entire head assembly) are definitely changing, both Left and Right - this is confirmed
- ? maybe there's a delay getting the new heads into production ?
- the delay for current replacements may be a good thing
I talked to a Ford rep today and got my case escalated. I def recommend everyone do that. I already purchased the extended warranty though so as far as getting a free extension, I can't, but they said we could talk about offers after my Bronco is finished with repairs. So I could use any suggestions.

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nope, called this week... still on backorder with engineering.
I was told mine is "waiting on merchant" or something like that but no longer shows backordered in the system. Who knows. The dealer Ford chose to tow mine too has not been the most communicative. I'm on day 14. I've been in touch with Customer relations and the executive office. Thats all I can get.

Sponsored

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I talked to a Ford rep today and got my case escalated. I def recommend everyone do that. I already purchased the extended warranty though so as far as getting a free extension, I can't, but they said we could talk about offers after my Bronco is finished with repairs. So I could use any suggestions.
Cough, cough... coyote swap... cough.

Seriously though, I'd have them refund the price of the extended warranty, and then have them let you keep the warranty. That might be a solution. The other solution I could see is give me every accessory in the performance parts catalog lol.

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I too have the extended warranty and would love some compensation for the pita. My rep said the same thing along the lines of after it’s finished we can discuss options. I’m guessing this is because it’s not out of the realm of possibility that they can’t fix it and have to buy it back. My service manager at the dealer offered to look into a potential month worth of car payment, but I haven’t heard back after sending the info to her. Both dealer and Ford seem to be willing to help out, but only time will tell.

I was also told that my last needed parts were at the packers and would be shipping soon. Shipping is likely to take 3-5 days so hopefully see some repairs happening next week. I’m 4 weeks in and starting to forget what my baby looks like :(

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
nope, called this week... still on backorder with engineering.
I have not read this entire thread, so this may have been suggested already. I had a thought. If my new Bronco had a blown engine, I would give Hennessy or Roush a call and ask if they want to participate in a project. I don't know what it would cost to have them put in a new engine and play with some other mods. Maybe $5,000? If that's too steep for your budget, you could probably get well over what you have into it in a resale once they are done with it. Get them to video the engine removal and detail what went wrong. That might be useful to the other owners.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I post this in hopes to make others feel better...

July 30th engine build and crossed 5,000 miles.

I still believe there is a larger issue with some engines and I hope mine isn't one, but I'm still trucking.

SS Hawk

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 F350 Superduty, '21 Bronco Badlands-SAS, AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too have no news on when I will get a replacement engine. I have been in touch with a customer service rep and have been told the case was escalated—whatever that means. I’ve asked to speak with her supervisor as I’ve been told that it could be 1 month maybe two before I get an engine shipped. I feel like no one I have talked with really knows what is going on, this includes my dealer.

My dealer is a very small dealer and the service dept does not have loaners. Ford offered to reimburse for up to one week of rental car usage. What a joke. The dealership is so small that they have no place to store my vehicle inside so they towed it to my house so I could be reminded of the heartbreak every time I walk into the garage. To add insult to injury, the battery is now dead, and the Sirius radio trial is expiring. Not that I really care about that, I just want to be able to drive my Bronco again. I’m worried now that since the dealership isn’t going to see it daily it will be out of sight, out of mind.

So I’ve asked the ford customer service rep if the Lima plant is still building engines for the Bronco’s that are being assembled at MAP why are those of us with the failed engines not getting one of these engines pulled from the assembly line? I don’t get it. No response from ford.

Enough of my pity party. Thanks for letting me rant!

Sponsored

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I too have no news on when I will get a replacement engine. I have been in touch with a customer service rep and have been told the case was escalated—whatever that means. I’ve asked to speak with her supervisor as I’ve been told that it could be 1 month maybe two before I get an engine shipped. I feel like no one I have talked with really knows what is going on, this includes my dealer.

My dealer is a very small dealer and the service dept does not have loaners. Ford offered to reimburse for up to one week of rental car usage. What a joke. The dealership is so small that they have no place to store my vehicle inside so they towed it to my house so I could be reminded of the heartbreak every time I walk into the garage. To add insult to injury, the battery is now dead, and the Sirius radio trial is expiring. Not that I really care about that, I just want to be able to drive my Bronco again. I’m worried now that since the dealership isn’t going to see it daily it will be out of sight, out of mind.

So I’ve asked the ford customer service rep if the Lima plant is still building engines for the Bronco’s that are being assembled at MAP why are those of us with the failed engines not getting one of these engines pulled from the assembly line? I don’t get it. No response from ford.

I will have a similar issue with the hotspot free trial ending now they are going to start charging me.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Dude I would be beyond pissed.

If the dealer had a car on the lot, I'd kinda demand hey make that my loaner. One week of rental reimbursement on an engine replacement that has an eta of "no idea"... fuck that.

Edit: that's be another cool thing... if they are offering to make it right... free Sirius and wifi for life
Sponsored