First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been going over all the different packages daily and it seems the Black diamond may be the way to go, comes standard with the rear locker, skid plates, steel bumpers, overhead aux switches, vinyl seats, rubber floors, etc. I think here in so Cal that's all I'd ever need, I've gotten through some crazy terrain with people who only had rwd trucks, and my Mustang has taken me places it shouldn't have lol. While I want the Sasquatch package, I think it may be overkill considering how most of my driving would be on the streets, but I wonder how capable the Bronco will be without a front locker? Its still 4WD, from what I understand Fords 4WD system can transfer power to any wheel, just can't lock the front axle without the locker?

The only thing that gives me second thoughts is the shocks, I NEED those Bilsteins, my past 2 cars have been base models and I always regretted not getting the good stuff from the factory. I really really hope Ford allows us to add the Bilsteins as a stand alone option, shouldn't have to move up to a Badlands or have to get 35" tires just to get good shocks.
Badlands comes standard with 33”s.
Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems a little monotone. I like more going on....different textures, colors, interesting top stitching, quilting etc. I like the light gray one they showed. Also for a washout car, I’d want less crevasses.
I like the monotone!

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They call it high clearance package.
High clearance is separate from Sasquatch correct? If yes, is then a 2inch lift and anything additional to the lift? I don’t care for 35’s but 33 is just fine

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
33 is just fine
I feel exactly the same....but I don't think we know one way or the other if stock BD will handle 33s???

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
High clearance is separate from Sasquatch correct? If yes, is then a 2inch lift and anything additional to the lift? I don’t care for 35’s but 33 is just fine
Not sure how big a lift but they also offer 35” muds.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel exactly the same....but I don't think we know one way or the other if stock BD will handle 33s???
For the BD, it’s roughly 32’s give or take by .70. I think even if you went wider from 265 to 275 maybe even 285 ( might be pushing that one too much) that would already measure out to 33 more or less. I doubt there would be any issueS with the steelie going from 265-275, but I’m no expert with the sizing but I’ve done it with my other cars as far as going wider

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm in for the Black Diamond. Thinking I'll do the Sasquatch package (depending on price) and either Cactus Gray or the Area 51. I'm thinking that the Area 51 color seems to be close to the Jeep Sting Gray color maybe not as dark, but that's a complete guess. I hope we can get some samples to see before ordering!
I just wish you could get the black painted hardtop with it.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think that is the Gray Carbonized Roof - not sure if the paint is Cactus or Area 51 - but as much as I hate gray, the lighter roof really pushes the body color into the blueish range with my eyesight.

I have a few months to do research - but I think I might end-up with the a BD with lots of options over the Badlands with some options - is the price is significantly different.
It’s been said the cactus gray with the white top is a prototype. Right now BD only offers the gray carbonized top or body color painted top.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Put down for a Black Diamond 4 door and planning on getting the sasquatch package + hardtop + 2.7 + Antimatter Blue if it doesn't get too much over $50k.. I've got a 2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package that's going to be sacrificed to the Bronco gods to make this happen.

I would go for the Big Bend, except all the armor and interior stuff that comes on the Black Diamond is worth the ~$2700 to me.
I’m down for a BD but by the time I add my options I might as well get the BL. Plus you can get the black painted top with the BL and 33”s.

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is there a photo of the 8” screen anywhere?

Also, just to let y’all know as it's kind of buried, rear view camera is standard with the Black Diamond. Site also states that matching spare wheel and tire are included. I would guess that those who upgrade to Sasquatch will get that matching fifth wheel/tire to mount on the back of the Bronco.

D378CD5F-FB4A-4C86-AE55-D467BB3416DE.jpeg
All come with backup camera.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Even the base headlights are LED, they just don't have the circular light bar surround.

I've gone back and forth on those headlights, I actually like the retro look of the lower trims.

But this is one of the first things the aftermarket is going to fix. I'm pretty sure the grille and lights will have aftermarket options within a few months of release, and probably be a cheaper option than going up to badlands (which would be overkill)

Currently I have Outer Banks reserved, but may drop it down to black diamond because the rubberized floor and vinyl seats will be a lot nicer for my use, and i don't really care for the cosmetic stuff on OB. I'm just curious what the "improved gauge cluster" on the Outer Banks looks like.
Which models have the circular headlights?

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure how big a lift but they also offer 35” muds.
I rather not bother with those 35’s road noise and mpg won’t be any better either. 32-33 is fine and 2 inch lift would suffice on the BD
Sponsored