Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi im new here. i ordered a 2 door Black Diamond and going with the 2.3 L so i can get the manual. I surf a lot so i like the interior and i dont do much off-roading except for going on some muddy trails to get to the water and less so do i go on the sand, so i think the standard set up suits me (no additional packages). I'll probably take this to Hawaii when i move there so i'll i'll have similar terrain plus the red dirt. suggestions on 4x4 set up would be appreciated as well.

i do have some questions regarding upgrading some 'a la carte' options but unsure if you are able to do so. sorry if this has been asked ad nauseam but i could not find any confirmations.

1. can you add front lockers with my set up mentioned above?
2. can you add the upgraded bilstein shocks with my set up?
3. can you add the sway bar disconnect separately? or would you need the front lockers and the upgraded transfer case?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
According to the Ford website a front locking differential is an optional
Hi im new here. i ordered a 2 door Black Diamond and going with the 2.3 L so i can get the manual. I surf a lot so i like the interior and i dont do much off-roading except for going on some muddy trails to get to the water and less so do i go on the sand, so i think the standard set up suits me (no additional packages). I'll probably take this to Hawaii when i move there so i'll i'll have similar terrain plus the red dirt. suggestions on 4x4 set up would be appreciated as well.

i do have some questions regarding upgrading some 'a la carte' options but unsure if you are able to do so. sorry if this has been asked ad nauseam but i could not find any confirmations.

1. can you add front lockers with my set up mentioned above?
2. can you add the upgraded bilstein shocks with my set up?
3. can you add the sway bar disconnect separately? or would you need the front lockers and the upgraded transfer case?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
Per the Ford website, a front locker is listed as optional for the BD .
Sponsored

Sojurner86

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am new to the community. Never been much of an off road enthusiast but I was looking for an upgrade from my Ford Focus to an SUV and saw the Bronco and thought it was super cool. Reserved a 4 door BD because I liked the practical features like the washable interior in case I got my self in a mess while camping or hiking. Not sure on the color yet. The Rapid Red and Cyber Orange look great especially with the black trim but I am disappointed they don’t offer any rough rider colors like army green or a desert storm tan. ( kind want it painted either one with a “Kilroy was here“ figure by the gass cap.) saw some images with the Sasquatch and with out, those big tires make it look better in my opinion so I am leaning towards that and the mid package.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thought I’d get a black diamond thread going for all of us that chose this trim what color is everyone leaning towards I was leaning towards cyber orange but my bro said no way get Area 51 I like Area 51 but can’t make out the color it is it has like a greenish bluish hue to it looks gray in some spots hope the dealers will have color swatches
If it’s greenish that would be my color, but I think it’s going to be somewhere in between Tacoma cavalry blue and subaru cross trek khakigrey... like a battleship grayish blue

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am new to the community. Never been much of an off road enthusiast but I was looking for an upgrade from my Ford Focus to an SUV and saw the Bronco and thought it was super cool. Reserved a 4 door BD because I liked the practical features like the washable interior in case I got my self in a mess while camping or hiking. Not sure on the color yet. The Rapid Red and Cyber Orange look great especially with the black trim but I am disappointed they don’t offer any rough rider colors like army green or a desert storm tan. ( kind want it painted either one with a “Kilroy was here“ figure by the gass cap.) saw some images with the Sasquatch and with out, those big tires make it look better in my opinion so I am leaning towards that and the mid package.
I think they did a great job picking colors that would appeal to just about anyone but I would love to see a dark green as well. I think cactus grey is a good mix between tan and green

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Apologies if this has already been discussed (44 page long thread!)

But when I first reserved this, the specs sheet said 33 inch tires would be an option on the black diamond, but Ford's website doesn't say it anymore. I thought I was crazy and just misremembering but I checked my original notes and I had it listed as one of my reasons for the BD is that those would be an option.

Did Ford remove it?

Will we still be able to get them when we order?

With my current job, I won't have much time for DIY work so I was hoping to order from factory
There were definitely glitches in the website at launch, but as far as I can tell there are no optional tire sizes other than the 35s included with Sasquatch. The Badlands has a slight lift and is the only trim with 33s so it seems unlikely they'd offer 33s on the lower trims.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at an Oxford White Black Diamond but may go to Badlands because it come with 80-90% of the Sasquatch pkg. Once again prices will be the determining factor. Come on September!

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I'm struggling with colours too, I was obsessed with Area 51 until I saw pictures of the Sport in it...now I'm thinking Cactus or Black....really need to see the colours in real life!
Same here. I actually made a rubric today to calculate the advantage of each (Nerd) Landed On velocity or antimatter

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
PITA...vs just pulling out a Weather Tech and blowing it off at the car wash. I stand by earlier statements...wash out flooring sounds awesome on paper - but not so much on execution. I guess simple solution for me to stick with BD is to drop a Weather Tech over it and roll on.
The thing is with a vehicle that can go topless, carpet sucks. For muddy boots and such, Weather Tech is great - they're (well a knock-off) what I use in my Jeep Liberty with carpet. Makes clean-up after muddy boots super easy and the carpet stays nice and clean.

But with a vehicle that can go topless it makes it so much easier to run topless (or with a bikini) even with there is a threat of rain. Or maybe caught in a pop-up shower. In a carpeted vehicle the carpet gets soggy and it is a pain.

In my old Jeep Wrangler I pulled the carpets out the first time they got soaked in a stream crossing and never put them back in. Ran that Jeep for a year in nothing more than a bikini top and doors (lived in AZ at the time, but that year included monsoon season and an unusual snow one Easter that we headed to the mountains in).

The floors in the Black Diamond are a huge selling point for me. (Oh - and if I did wear muddy boots into the Bronco a lot, I'd probably consider some Weather Tech floor mats - just because for that scenario it is super nice to just be able to pull the floor mats and hose them off).

Sponsored

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forget about road water. I'm worried about that deep stream I'm going to drive through. :D
This! This is why I pulled the carpets out of my YJ early on!

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully, the floor drain plug has sufficient water integrity to prevent road water from seeping in

1597074438952.png
Used to have a Honda Element. Rubber floors across the whole thing. It also came with heavy duty mud mats. Easy to pull out and clean the mud mats and then a quick sweep/wipe of the interior.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes 42k is my absolute max . Praying I can get the Bd Squatched with the 2.7 and the mid package at that price. The 35's ill take the chance they do alright in these ohio winters
I’m trying to figure out
Yes 42k is my absolute max . Praying I can get the Bd Squatched with the 2.7 and the mid package at that price. The 35's ill take the chance they do alright in these ohio winters
I could be guess
Looks like Bd wheels but not bd front bumper
the black diamond is the orange one on the cover of motor trend. The one they show with the cactus one with the white top
Sponsored