Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes we know for sure, confirmed by Ford via twitter Q&A.
Interesting. I missed that one in the Q&A. A front locker is more important on an IFS off-road vehicle... I had interpreted their chart to imply that it was available as stand alone (well, had guessed it would be paired with the 210 front axle)
Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting. I missed that one in the Q&A. A front locker is more important on an IFS off-road vehicle... I had interpreted their chart to imply that it was available as stand alone (well, had guessed it would be paired with the 210 front axle)
210 axle is most likely also only available with Squatch although nobody has asked/gotten a direct answer as far as I know.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am super curious about a 33” tire option. My dad is getting a BD and to do some trails it would definitely be easier to have the 33’s vs the 32’s. He doesn’t have any interest in Sasquatch but for an extra $200 I could probably get him to swap to 33’s if possible from factory. He will do absolutely nothing aftermarket so I’m guessing he might be stuck with the 32’s lol.

I better get good at spotting!

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am super curious about a 33” tire option. My dad is getting a BD and to do some trails it would definitely be easier to have the 33’s vs the 32’s. He doesn’t have any interest in Sasquatch but for an extra $200 I could probably get him to swap to 33’s if possible from factory. He will do absolutely nothing aftermarket so I’m guessing he might be stuck with the 32’s lol.

I better get good at spotting!
I would go to 33's for that price but I like to keep the steroids as they're more durable and can take a beating. I might even do 2 inch life if they offered it from factory but not sasq for me with my BD

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was crazy big. Like an 80's Grand Wagoneer or Suburban...Not many cars can claim that the back seat is spacious and pleasurable to ride in The interior space should be a benchmark for any mid size SUV and even the Bronco.
Not mine but I've packed a lot of stuff into it.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1597294812149

Sponsored

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so... I have been dead set on the BD for a while now and have thoughts creeping in on dropping down... AZ HEAT .. so I need vinyl seats and washable interior...
drop down and still go with the SAS pack...
losing my shit. Someone talk some sense into me.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you drop down and go Sas you could Rip the carpet out and have a washout floor still? Then just put seat covers on it.

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kind of curious on the order process in December. i assume that is where we order what we want with the dealer but is that done online or at the actual dealer. im hoping you are doing that in person so that you can do some haggling.

have not bought a new car since the 90s so not sure if things have changed.

anyone know?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kind of curious on the order process in December. i assume that is where we order what we want with the dealer but is that done online or at the actual dealer. im hoping you are doing that in person so that you can do some haggling.

anyone know?
There will be nothing to haggle about in December and very little when it actually comes in.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

anyone know?
At least for the 2019 ranger we pre-ordered, you sit down with the sales person and they "build" the vehicle along with you to ensure you get everything correct and that it's in the database. Then they can submit it to the branch manager who will look it over and make sure there are no errors on the paperwork. ANY errors and your entire build will get pushed back because it will go to the point of getting a VIN made, then error out and you get pushed back to the dealership... That was about a MONTH time span between initial order and VIN creation. You won't be happy being pushed back that month, especially as it kicked you down the line for production time on a hot product!

Sponsored

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At least for the 2019 ranger we pre-ordered, you sit down with the sales person and they "build" the vehicle along with you to ensure you get everything correct and that it's in the database. Then they can submit it to the branch manager who will look it over and make sure there are no errors on the paperwork. ANY errors and your entire build will get pushed back because it will go to the point of getting a VIN made, then error out and you get pushed back to the dealership... That was about a MONTH time span between initial order and VIN creation. You won't be happy being pushed back that month, especially as it kicked you down the line for production time on a hot product!
thanks for the detailed response. sounds like a fun process lol

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reasons I got the BD:
rubber floor/drains
rear locker
steel bumpers
rock rails
steel wheels (love the look)
4.46 gears

What I am not happy about is the BD comes with General Grabbers. Yeah, Generals.
I will be replacing at the dealership with Cooper ST MAXX 285/75/17s
Heh, I'll give you $50 for the tires... ?

Reactions: RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All going to come down to price.
What I’m going to get:
4 door, Hard top, V6/auto, washable interior, front/rear lockers, mid package, would like 35’s but 33’s ok

Don’t care about front sway bar disconnect or automatic 4 wheel drive

so...
...BD with those options, or badlands with those options.

which will be cheaper????

JRYbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well the Canadian website has now removed all mention of an 'included' rear locker, and only lists both front/rear as optional. Bummer...

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread Untitled-1

Edit: the front page still says standard, but spec sheet has it optional. Well that's confusing.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread Untitled-1
Sponsored