Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Cadillac XTS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well the Canadian website has now removed all mention of an 'included' rear locker, and only lists both front/rear as optional. Bummer...

Untitled-1.jpg

Edit: the front page still says standard, but spec sheet has it optional. Well that's confusing.

Untitled-1.jpg
Same on the US site. That is a big change in my view. Pretty disappointed that Ford would change something like this. Must be based on the free feedback they are getting from all those who have reserved and Ford is now adjusting features to maximize profits and push people to more expensive models. If Ford is going to pull this kind of stunt, it is a complete waste of time to try to select between models at this point.
Sponsored

phobiarg

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST // 2017 2.7 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The compare trim pdf still shows the Black Diamond with a standard rear locker.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread broncospecs.PNG

It also says a locking rear differential is a key feature of the Black Diamond.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1597416132038

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well the Canadian website has now removed all mention of an 'included' rear locker, and only lists both front/rear as optional. Bummer...
this change first occurred 3-4 weeks ago....back when laj.tuxmec was still posting. He confirmed BD definitely included a rear locker...and said "the web page is the least reliable source of information".

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is even the point of Black Diamond without a locker. I can’t believe they removed it. Might as well put my own Rock Rails on a Big Bend in that case.

Sponsored

phobiarg

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST // 2017 2.7 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is even the point of Black Diamond without a locker. I can’t believe they removed it. Might as well put my own Rock Rails on a Big Bend in that case.
Im sure its still included. Like I posted there's still info in multiple places saying its available.

JRYbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im sure its still included. Like I posted there's still info in multiple places saying its available.
You’re likely correct. I doubt Ford expected such an aggressive/passionate/detailed group of enthusiasts before even producing any Broncos, but they should take a little more time quality checking the marketing department’s work hahah.

Parsa

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am new to the community. Never been much of an off road enthusiast but I was looking for an upgrade from my Ford Focus to an SUV and saw the Bronco and thought it was super cool. Reserved a 4 door BD because I liked the practical features like the washable interior in case I got my self in a mess while camping or hiking. Not sure on the color yet. The Rapid Red and Cyber Orange look great especially with the black trim but I am disappointed they don’t offer any rough rider colors like army green or a desert storm tan. ( kind want it painted either one with a “Kilroy was here“ figure by the gass cap.) saw some images with the Sasquatch and with out, those big tires make it look better in my opinion so I am leaning towards that and the mid package.
I agree with all your points except the last one. 35" mud tires may be OK in some rare circumstances, but generally you won't need them, even for a lot of rock crawling. 32 or 33 inch all-terrain tires are more than adequate for most off-highway driving. I've been off-roading for decades. My 4WD Xterra has 31" BF Goodrich AT KO2 tires, and I've taken it on crazy hard trails. It doesn't even have locking differentials. Driving skill, experience, and common sense are what you need most. The big tires are noisy, require more torque, and cause you to use more gas. For someone who doesn't off-road much and doesn't have a lot of experience, I'd advise against the Sasquatch package. My 2¢.

PapaJoeBRONCO

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
as for tires.... I highly recommend a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires for anyone wanting great tire manners/capability on highway AND off road while being realllllly quite for an AT tire.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

as for tires.... I highly recommend a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires for anyone wanting great tire manners/capability on highway AND off road while being realllllly quite for an AT tire.
I read about these on another thread and then got down to some research. I've always had KO2s and Geolanders in my head as the next tires I wanted to put on any truck but the Falkens definitely seem like they're worth a shout as well.

Sojurner86

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with all your points except the last one. 35" mud tires may be OK in some rare circumstances, but generally you won't need them, even for a lot of rock crawling. 32 or 33 inch all-terrain tires are more than adequate for most off-highway driving. I've been off-roading for decades. My 4WD Xterra has 31" BF Goodrich AT KO2 tires, and I've taken it on crazy hard trails. It doesn't even have locking differentials. Driving skill, experience, and common sense are what you need most. The big tires are noisy, require more torque, and cause you to use more gas. For someone who doesn't off-road much and doesn't have a lot of experience, I'd advise against the Sasquatch package. My 2¢.
Thanks for the advice. You are most likely right about me not needing them. I am usually not a form over function type of person but they do look cool. Out of curiosity about how much of a hit will the gas milage take?

Last edited:

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife is starting to roll her eyes everytime I talk about this but, I have reviewed and analyzed just about every bit of information you can at this point so I am dumping my final thoughts here.

Note: 37yo, 2 kids (11-8), super commuter (45+ mins to work when not WFH), weekend sports and rec.

BD is the sweet spot. Top off with rain the Marine Vinal is needed. Wash out floors are cool. Like the strength of the steel bumpers, yes for trails but, because my kids may one day drive it.

Upgrade: The Mid Pack gives me all the tech I have right now with my Ford Fusion Hybrid (BLIS, Heated Seats, Lane Keep, ect.). Hard top with Sound Deadening to keep it functional, customized based on weather, and quiet. Finally, Auto 2.3L and if I can swing up to the 2.7L I would love to because I may not get the chance again to do something this big. 2" lift would be cool but would probably skip.

I don't need the SasQ pack and front locker may even be too much capability. The 35s would be nice but I love the look of the steelies.

Leaning 75% towards Catus Grey but have flirted with Area 51.

How ever the next 9 months go I am really excited about all of this and can't wait to cruise Summer 2021 when all this 2020 BS is over.

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know the functional differences between the 190 and 210 Dana front axles? not the spec differences but what do you actually get to do with the 210s.

Are the 210s just more sturdy for more aggressive offroading or rock crawling or better baseline for putting lockers or a bigger lift in the front?

Thanks.
Sponsored