Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From you guys that have gotten delivery, or close to it, did you have to have the discussion with your dealer of asking them not to do anything unwanted to it? A friend here in town told her dealer not to do anything to it but they apparently had done random "accessories" that dealers do to make more money like pin stripes or something. Curious if this is a needed discussion to have stating "DO NOT TOUCH MY CAR" haha!
When I found my backup plan Bronco (pending), before I put a deposit on it the dealer told me he had some accessories that Ford sent his shop and required they end up on a vehicle. He's going to let me pick and choose one or two, but since he only has my incoming Bronco and another supposedly coming in a few months, they have to be used between the two. I don't get the impression that he's BSing me, and assume Ford's supposed demands are legit. It's not like he makes much on the sale/install of the accessories in the end. I'd be upset about it if it were an unwanted surprise when I showed-up, but I'm fine with some give and take on it since he's being up-front about it.
Sponsored

pat8839

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I found my backup plan Bronco (pending), before I put a deposit on it the dealer told me he had some accessories that Ford sent his shop and required they end up on a vehicle. He's going to let me pick and choose one or two, but since he only has my incoming Bronco and another supposedly coming in a few months, they have to be used between the two. I don't get the impression that he's BSing me, and assume Ford's supposed demands are legit. It's not like he makes much on the sale/install of the accessories in the end. I'd be upset about it if it were an unwanted surprise when I showed-up, but I'm fine with some give and take on it since he's being up-front about it.
There are some accessories I would not mind if they were "mandatory." There is a Toyota daelership here in town that is notorious for putting accessories that no one would ever actually order but they can upcharge for it. I just do not want that to happen. If I wanted pin stripes and stickers I would pick my own haha!

ThePCH

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RANDOM UPDATE: My dealer ended up calling me, saying that my bronco has been delivered! They had no idea it was on its way. We'll see if I get hit with an ADM, come Monday when I check it out.
Congrats on the news! I’m in SoCal and our builds are virtually identical. What dealer are you buying from?

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Congrats on the news! I’m in SoCal and our builds are virtually identical. What dealer are you buying from?
Right on!! I'm buying from Star Ford in Glendale. You?

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I shit you not. I’m still in production believe it or not. Takes a few….. they misspelled months with the word days.

Ford Bronco đź›  01/24/22 Build Week Group A466AF3D-8980-4F5B-9D31-4152082F7537

Sponsored

ThePCH

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea my sales guy at South Bay Ford said they just got 8 broncos in.
Who’s your sales guy? Just curious cause mine has been less than stellar with regards to this whole process. I mean he’s nice and all but….

Lauradventure

Black Diamond
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who’s your sales guy? Just curious cause mine has been less than stellar with regards to this whole process. I mean he’s nice and all but….
Mine is kevin. I got two other fords from him and he wasn’t aware of 90 day hold until i told him but he does text back quickly when i check in.
Laura

jmmckenz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Random update:
Someone at Ford learned how to spell "Preparation"

Sponsored

ThePCH

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is kevin. I got two other fords from him and he wasn’t aware of 90 day hold until i told him but he does text back quickly when i check in.
Laura
Ah ok cool thanks. Yup, we definitely are way more informed thanks to this forum than most salespeople.

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well let’s see if anyone can help me out with my situation. Even a good guess would be appreciated at this point.

I’m a 1/28 blend, 1289/2270, built the 2nd and shipped the 9th.

It arrived at the local rail yard over two weeks ago. 8 miles from the dealer. The date of delivery to dealer tracked by the trucking company’s tracker has moved each day since. Always a day or three at a time. Plenty have been picked up in the past two weeks and taken to my dealer but mine still sits.

Well, a few days ago the status on the trucking web sight changed from “ awaiting transport pickup” to “Hold by ford motor company”.

I called the 1-800 number and my new delivery date with them is 63 days into the future, May 6th.

What is going on with this poor Bronco? 8.1 miles from the finish line!?!??!? Haha

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is the copy and past from the trucking company tracker.

62964310 – On Hold – FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Track

CSX RAIL RAMP - BIRMINGHAM, AL
3737 41ST COURT NORTH
BIRMINGHAM, AL, 35217

Jim Skinner Ford
9924 Parkway East
BIRMINGHAM, AL, 35215
Estimated Delivery: Wed Mar 2, 2022
Ford Bronco
VIN 1FMEE5DPXNLA75057
Sponsored