First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OB Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all, new to the thread, I’ve been playing around with Forscan on my bronco a little bit. I’m wondering if anyone has had luck with making the DRL /Halo rings stay on Max Brightness even with the headlight switch turned on at night? I’ve done this on both of my previous f150s 2018 and 2020. Havnt seen anything yet for the broncos?
Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So for those curious enough to try (I don’t have access to my Bronco due to a vacation) but I keep seeing people post about getting the full screen experience. Now this is highly experimental but I am wondering if you change the Visual Design Variant to the one for the 8” screen. I have no clue if the resolution would be functional or look crappy or what but I mean it’s a shot. This would get rid of the side display (I don’t believe this exists on the 8” screens?). I’ll post the line item for the change below but I am going to be double checking against a VIN equipped with the 8” screen to see what choices and options it has compared to the 12” to see what else may get buggered up by changing the VDV. But feel free to at least try, though don’t blame me if something funky happens. I usually reserve the risks to myself but just won’t have a chance to test while it’s still a fresh thought.

03 should be default for 12” screens

7D0-03-01xxxxxxxx**—00 = 8” VDV (Landscape)

Last edited:

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't seen a way to add the warning sound to the backup sensor, for base models. Is this not doable?

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 22 Black Diamond with the base headlights. Default from factory for DRL is low beams only. Trying to change to amber bars for drl only, no low beams. I tried all the different DRL settings in the as built, nothing worked. Using the BdyCM drop down menu config, I was able to get the amber bars to turn on with the DRL's by changing both Left and Right Front Turn Lamp Usage to "Turn and DRL'. Now I have both amber bars and low beams as my DRL. Any ideas on how to shut of the low beams and just leave the amber bars for drl?
(btw, with Forscan v2.3.47 was able to add Baja mode, disable double honk, 2 press key fob alarm with my 2022)

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 22 Black Diamond with the base headlights. Default from factory for DRL is low beams only. Trying to change to amber bars for drl only, no low beams. I tried all the different DRL settings in the as built, nothing worked. Using the BdyCM drop down menu config, I was able to get the amber bars to turn on with the DRL's by changing both Left and Right Front Turn Lamp Usage to "Turn and DRL'. Now I have both amber bars and low beams as my DRL. Any ideas on how to shut of the low beams and just leave the amber bars for drl?
(btw, with Forscan v2.3.47 was able to add Baja mode, disable double honk, 2 press key fob alarm with my 2022)
You can turn off your DRLs in the menu, and then just turn on your parking lights from the light switch, which will have the amber bars on.

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So for those curious enough to try (I don’t have access to my Bronco due to a vacation) but I keep seeing people post about getting the full screen experience. Now this is highly experimental but I am wondering if you change the Visual Design Variant to the one for the 8” screen. I have no clue if the resolution would be functional or look crappy or what but I mean it’s a shot. This would get rid of the side display (I don’t believe this exists on the 8” screens?). I’ll post the line item for the change below but I am going to be double checking against a VIN equipped with the 8” screen to see what choices and options it has compared to the 12” to see what else may get buggered up by changing the VDV. But feel free to at least try, though don’t blame me if something funky happens. I usually reserve the risks to myself but just won’t have a chance to test while it’s still a fresh thought.

03 should be default for 12” screens

7D0-03-01xxxxxxxx**—00 = 8” VDV (Landscape)
are you going to test this when you have a chance? interested in the outcome

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Care to try 726-42-02 xx02 02xx xx**

It should be 01 right now

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can turn off your DRLs in the menu, and then just turn on your parking lights from the light switch, which will have the amber bars on.
Thx, but I don't want to have to touch the headlamp switch everyday. I gotta believe there is a way to code the amber bars without low beams as DRL, just can't seem to find the right combo in forscan

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thx, but I don't want to have to touch the headlamp switch everyday. I gotta believe there is a way to code the amber bars without low beams as DRL, just can't seem to find the right combo in forscan
What I posted should work

Sponsored

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Care to try 726-42-02 xx02 02xx xx**

It should be 01 right now
Please clarify, which two digits change from 01 to 02?
xx02-xxxx-xx
or
xxxx-02xx-xx

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please clarify, which two digits change from 01 to 02?
xx02-xxxx-xx
or
xxxx-02xx-xx
Both 02’s would be replacing the 01’s in those spots. The first is for the left headlights low beam function. 01 is Low DRL and 02 is Low only. The second is for the right headlight

Deleted member 32220

I haven't seen a way to add the warning sound to the backup sensor, for base models. Is this not doable?
This is quite an odd question? The base model does not include any rear proximity sensor’s.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Both 02’s would be replacing the 01’s in those spots. The first is for the left headlights low beam function. 01 is Low DRL and 02 is Low only. The second is for the right headlight
Tried it, didn't change anything. Both the low beams and amber bars still on for DRL.
I can get the amber bars to turn off as factory default, but can't get the low beams to turn off on drl.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried it, didn't change anything. Both the low beams and amber bars still on for DRL.
I can get the amber bars to turn off as factory default, but can't get the low beams to turn off on drl.
Ah okay that might be a separate thing. Just use the normal coding

726-41-02 xx00 xxxx xx**

It would be 01 right now I believe.

Edit: I just checked a Big Bend and it’s 00 by default. I’ll have to work on this when I get home. The only difference in signature vs non signature is the 02 changes that I mentioned.
Sponsored

Last edited: