First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a thing?!! My marriage might survive after all. Was gonna wait till delivery for the forscan tool. Tomorrow's not soon enough.
Ya, I completely disabled that nonsense for my own sanity. I immediately enabled the "minimum noise profile" across the board, as if I was suffering from autism!!! LOL. I can't stand all the chimes personally, and last I checked, I wasn't even on the spectrum.... I think. ;)

Now that I think about it, I don't think that FORSCAN has a way of doing macros.... Macros would be an awesome way to share configurations.
Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am unable to find the TCM in FORSCAN. I can access PCM (no ability for relearn) But i was hoping for ability to access the TCM. Anyone else having trouble accessing that module as well?
There is no TCM. The PCM provides combined function to control the transmission.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Got it working once I made all the line changes in the spreadsheet. I can see the windows up being a good, quick benefit in the summer after leaving the Bronco with windows down and a thunderstorm comes along.

Regarding the plain english settings, I used those for the Fog lights and found that approach worked well using former member D2DHanover's instructions. In fact, those had at least one optional change in plain english that is not on the code line spreadsheet - Fogs also remaining on with high beams.

Like @AK SNO RIDER I saw a number of interesting plain english settings but am hesitant to do trial and error. Presumably, they are not options the Bronco is able to make use of. For instance, I found these settings about Auto Lock and Auto Relock. I'm on the fence whether I'd want those active with the Bronco but have it on another vehicle and it's often a nice feature.

IMG_9670.jpg

Perhaps, someone will build a spreadsheet of the plain english options that work and the plain english changes to make to activate a certain option/feature.
How did you get it working? Having the same issue with global close not working. I also lost my TPMS readings somehow.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How did you get it working? Having the same issue with global close not working. I also lost my TPMS readings somehow.
I did all the changes for all the lines listed for the windows. I believe the screen shot below lays out the ones I did. I also did the last one that says Optional in the notes, which creates an option in Sync 4 vehicle settings for the windows up and down. Double check to make sure it shows "on" for both in Sync 4 vehicle options.

Your comment about the TPMS readings caught my attention, and no idea if this window up/down change in Forscan correlates to it. But, after I made this change (and also made others), I had some wonky behavior of the Ford Pass app (more than usual). The app would not provide TPMS readings as well as other info like miles on car, fuel level, distance to empty, etc. I thought maybe a recent update to the Ford Pass app messed with it. Eventually app started displaying accurate info again sporadically but only 1 tire TPMS reading (front left) would display on app. Didn't worry about it since have been out of town until today and forgot about it until I saw your post. So I went out to the Bronco to crank it up to see what the onscreen said for TPMS. Interestingly, only that one TPMS showed on the instrument panel graphic. After a few minutes of idling and a restart or two, another one popped up (both on left side). Right side ones are displaying "--". Going to take it for a spin later to see if the other two TPMS reconnect. Again, no idea if this relates to some change made to get the Global Windows "up" to work but interesting you're trying to do that and also have TPMS reading issues. I may hook up Forscan later and see if any error codes are being listed, and do a clear of the codes.

UPDATE ON TPMS (March 1): After driving around a bit yesterday afternoon to run some errands (which necessitated several turn on/off engine cycles), all TPMS came back and wonkiness of app also disappeared. Will monitor.

Ford Bronco FORScan Bronco Working Spreadsheet (double honk, sport mode, chimes, seatbelts, and more!) 1646072084683

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did all the changes for all the lines listed for the windows. I believe the screen shot below lays out the ones I did. I also did the last one that says Optional in the notes, which creates an option in Sync 4 vehicle settings for the windows up and down. Double check to make sure it shows "on" for both in Sync 4 vehicle options.

Your comment about the TPMS readings caught my attention, and no idea if this window up/down change in Forscan correlates to it. But, after I made this change (and also made others), I had some wonky behavior of the Ford Pass app (more than usual). The app would not provide TPMS readings as well as other info like miles on car, fuel level, distance to empty, etc. I thought maybe a recent update to the Ford Pass app messed with it. Eventually app started displaying accurate info again sporadically but only 1 tire TPMS reading (front left) would display on app. Didn't worry about it since have been out of town until today and forgot about it until I saw your post. So I went out to the Bronco to crank it up to see what the onscreen said for TPMS. Interestingly, only that one TPMS showed on the instrument panel graphic. After a few minutes of idling and a restart or two, another one popped up (both on left side). Right side ones are displaying "--". Going to take it for a spin later to see if the other two TPMS reconnect. Again, no idea if this relates to some change made to get the Global Windows "up" to work but interesting you're trying to do that and also have TPMS reading issues. I may hook up Forscan later and see if any error codes are being listed, and do a clear of the codes.

1646072084683.png
Thank you! I'll give it a shot. Strange about the TPMS.

edit: fixed, including TPMS. Just had to drive it a bit. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco FORScan Bronco Working Spreadsheet (double honk, sport mode, chimes, seatbelts, and more!) 1646072084683
I started having TPMS problems after updating tire radius and reducing tire pressure set value as well as some other things (double click panic, disabled walk away honk). About a week later two tires stopped reporting pressure (front right, back left if it matters). I thought it was weird but a day later the back left one came back. It's been a couple weeks more now and one is still not reporting. These aren't the OEM sensors but they should still last more than 6 months (only been on the car for 2 months). I've just been living with the nagging warning every time I go for a drive.

Is there any troubleshooting for TPMS that can be done with Forscan?

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I started having TPMS problems after updating tire radius and reducing tire pressure set value as well as some other things (double click panic, disabled walk away honk). About a week later two tires stopped reporting pressure (front right, back left if it matters). I thought it was weird but a day later the back left one came back. It's been a couple weeks more now and one is still not reporting. These aren't the OEM sensors but they should still last more than 6 months (only been on the car for 2 months). I've just been living with the nagging warning every time I go for a drive.

Is there any troubleshooting for TPMS that can be done with Forscan?

Not sure yet. I'm hoping I can figure it out, or at least which change caused it (also did disable walk away honk, fogs, and sport mode but global windows was last change). From reading other posts about Forscan, changes in one area can make other things not work properly, but I would think if these Forscan changes are the root of the issue, then more would report about it on the forum If the windows up thing is the cause of the TPMS no readings, I may just revert back to the as-built values for those global window changes. The windows up is nice but not worth the hassle if it is causing this issue, and I have found it to be inconsistent in operation. About 50% of the time when testing it, the driver side window only gets about 1/3 to 1/2 up and then stops. A second long hold of the lock button the FOB causes it go all the way up. Tried the window reset procedure (up/down with 5 sec hold each way) and that didn't fix it.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is no TCM. The PCM provides combined function to control the transmission.
Thanks for the confirmation. I am still having trouble executing a relearn on the PCM. What is this “relearn from central configuration” mean. I haven’t seen this in the examples shown here or YouTube. Only “module initialization / relearn”
Ford Bronco FORScan Bronco Working Spreadsheet (double honk, sport mode, chimes, seatbelts, and more!) A3B96DB0-15AD-444A-B958-D77B0DBC947F

Last edited:

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure yet. I'm hoping I can figure it out, or at least which change caused it (also did disable walk away honk, fogs, and sport mode but global windows was last change). From reading other posts about Forscan, changes in one area can make other things not work properly, but I would think if these Forscan changes are the root of the issue, then more would report about it on the forum If the windows up thing is the cause of the TPMS no readings, I may just revert back to the as-built values for those global window changes. The windows up is nice but not worth the hassle if it is causing this issue, and I have found it to be inconsistent in operation. About 50% of the time when testing it, the driver side window only gets about 1/3 to 1/2 up and then stops. A second long hold of the lock button the FOB causes it go all the way up. Tried the window reset procedure (up/down with 5 sec hold each way) and that didn't fix it.
Just curious, have you been making changes via the plain English? This is where I see a lot of issues start to happen on new vehicles. Those plain English versions aren’t exactly verified, just long term consistent items from the past. Our Bronco is definitely a newer animal so I’m wondering if these plain English changes are changing addresses for what used to be correct but now affect others. I’ve been pretty consistent on going with only changing settings in the asbuilt formula. That way I know exactly what is getting changed each time so I can verify and cross reference for errors.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just curious, have you been making changes via the plain English? This is where I see a lot of issues start to happen on new vehicles. Those plain English versions aren’t exactly verified, just long term consistent items from the past. Our Bronco is definitely a newer animal so I’m wondering if these plain English changes are changing addresses for what used to be correct but now affect others. I’ve been pretty consistent on going with only changing settings in the asbuilt formula. That way I know exactly what is getting changed each time so I can verify and cross reference for errors.
Very interesting and makes sense. For the Fog lights, I did use some plain English changes. I followed the instructions provided by @D2DHanover (now deleted) in the Fog Light Switch thread. Otherwise, all other changes were to the as-built per the spreadsheet.

Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very interesting and makes sense. For the Fog lights, I did use some plain English changes. I followed the instructions provided by @D2DHanover (now deleted) in the Fog Light Switch thread. Otherwise, all other changes were to the as-built per the spreadsheet.
Yeah I can vouch those changes definitely worked. But for 2021 Ford made a lot of changes to the F-150 and Bronco software. There’s plenty of redundancy but also so many things completely different. It’s felt like starting all over from scratch lately but we will get there eventually.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the Everest was revealed today. Also the new Ranger was revealed recently. I am very hopeful that these vehicles will share technological parity (given the 2021 Bronco/F-150/Mach-E kicked off the next gen). I’m excited to start seeing production of these so I can start VIN hoarding and getting as-builts to compare. The few puzzle pieces on this Lane centering trick are definitely buried in them, hopefully. Weiners crossed.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you! I'll give it a shot. Strange about the TPMS.

edit: fixed, including TPMS. Just had to drive it a bit. Thanks!
Same thing...after driving around a bit yesterday afternoon to run some errands (which necessitated several turn on/off engine cycles), all TPMS came back and wonkiness of app also disappeared. Will monitor.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition