Sponsored

Rockslide Engineering Steps - GROUP BUY has started!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Send a under side pic if you can
Exact same on both sides. That is the mag chloride treatment CO puts on their roads during winters covering the underside of the bronco after 1 day of driving in winter conditions.

92437320-F546-4EB7-BF64-A708B9D96190.jpeg

B6B9E60E-E5C7-425D-A590-06CF02C34149.jpeg
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exact same on both sides. That is the mag chloride treatment CO puts on their roads during winters covering the underside of the bronco after 1 day of driving in winter conditions.

Ford Bronco Rockslide Engineering Steps - GROUP BUY has started! B6B9E60E-E5C7-425D-A590-06CF02C34149

Ford Bronco Rockslide Engineering Steps - GROUP BUY has started! B6B9E60E-E5C7-425D-A590-06CF02C34149
Gorilla tape it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for $2k I shouldn't have to use gorilla tape. If they wanted people to have easy access to the wiring connecting, how hard would it have been to make an access panel with 2 threaded bolt holes?

TXArea51

Big Bend
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
for $2k I shouldn't have to use gorilla tape. If they wanted people to have easy access to the wiring connecting, how hard would it have been to make an access panel with 2 threaded bolt holes?
Or could of made a removable cap, havenā€™t got mine yet, but I might do that

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why does anyone need access there?
That seems a bad design. Once mine get here I don;t think I could leave it standing open.

Gorilla tape was mentioned. They make a waterproof exterior grade tape. It is tough and rubbery. It won't stand up to being repeatedly scraped by rocks but would take a few years of road salt.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@2Jeeps&PatriotX1 Thanks for reminding me about those holes - kind of forgot about that after I had installed.

Problem solved...took some smoked plexiglass that I had and cut two "covers" for the holes. They are 2.5" square, with rounded corners, so I cut the stock to 2.5" one direction, and 4" the other way to give me 3/4" overhangs on each end for attaching.

Ford Bronco Rockslide Engineering Steps - GROUP BUY has started! IMG_7140

Then I routed the thickness down so that they would sit flush with the outside. Used my router table for the ends, and then just used a Dremel bit to round the corners down.

Ford Bronco Rockslide Engineering Steps - GROUP BUY has started! IMG_7141

Tested the fit, left them in while I drilled (so I would not catch any wires inadvertently) and screwed them in. (Also painted the holes with rustoleum for a little extra protection. didn't clean off terribly well, but not really concerned under there)

Ford Bronco Rockslide Engineering Steps - GROUP BUY has started! IMG_7142

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@2Jeeps&PatriotX1 Thanks for reminding me about those holes - kind of forgot about that after I had installed.

Problem solved...took some smoked plexiglass that I had and cut two "covers" for the holes. They are 2.5" square, with rounded corners, so I cut the stock to 2.5" one direction, and 4" the other way to give me 3/4" overhangs on each end for attaching.

Then I routed the thickness down so that they would sit flush with the outside. Used my router table for the ends, and then just used a Dremel bit to round the corners down.

Tested the fit, left them in while I drilled (so I would not catch any wires inadvertently) and screwed them in. (Also painted the holes with rustoleum for a little extra protection. didn't clean off terribly well, but not really concerned under there)

Man, I appreciate the effort you put in here, but I gotta say I agree with a previous post - for the price, there should at least be a rubber grommet insert or something for these holes.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

sorry for not reading 28 pages of comments but do these things work with the doors off?

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I appreciate the effort you put in here, but I gotta say I agree with a previous post - for the price, there should at least be a rubber grommet insert or something for these holes.
Iā€™m not saying there shouldnā€™t be, but there isnā€™t, so I fixed my problem with stuff I had around in an hour or so.

Honestly, I really needed a project anyway. Was bored, so it was something fun to try.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sorry for not reading 28 pages of comments but do these things work with the doors off?
Yes, with the door delete kit. You can flip the switch to manually move the steps

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a bit of levity sir. I have the same steps. Not quite sure what the reasoning was to the design other than the access you mentioned as well as maybe to allow adequate drainage.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I have to remove the badges on the steps and cover those holes. I will probably make a plate out of aluminum or stainless and use some nutserts to mount it. Lame, still excited to receive mine.​

Kaopeterson

Badlands
First Name
Robert Peterson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They Finally shippedā€¦. Hopefully will get them next week
Yep! I got tracking as well. Immediate delay in delivery date, lol. But I have tracking, so Iā€™ll take it. Too bad Iā€™m not going to be able to have time now for a couple more weeks with other things going on. But canā€™t wait to tackle and got an RTR grille ordered as well that Iā€™ve been waiting to be able to order for months, so a couple projects to knock out.

Kaopeterson

Badlands
First Name
Robert Peterson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

92437320-F546-4EB7-BF64-A708B9D96190.jpeg

B6B9E60E-E5C7-425D-A590-06CF02C34149.jpeg
If you get the additional slider portion, does that cover it up maybe? Iā€™m a little annoyed we have to buy the slider portion separately as the whole reason I really bought these was I thought the were slider/steps in one.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've asked about this a couple different ways. The answer that came back is that the steps will slide and are pretty rugged. They will protect your body if you contact a ledge or rock. The standard step seems made to be enough protection for us who go driving out on trails and just might hit a rock.

The extra bolts on pieces are for people who take their vehicle rock crawling and knowingly plan on sliding on rocks as part of their adventure.

We shall see.
Sponsored