Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone tried installing the IAG bars for the soft top? I just tried installing it and neither side bracket fits. The holes are just barely off. But enough that I almost stripped the holes where the screws go into the soft top support 😣 thankfully I got the oem bolt back in. But I am returning this product.
I installed mine yesterday. They almost acted a little too short, but once it caught the threading they went right in.
Sponsored

stevensantee

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco obx 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed mine yesterday. They almost acted a little too short, but once it caught the threading they went right in.
I am just afraid to jam it in to get it to thread and have it strip it completely. Maybe I’ll go to lowes and see if I can find a longer bolt. I did see how that barely look like they will go in. But maybe a longer bolt will help me see what’s going on

Nikki-BDSQ22

Black Diamond
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am just afraid to jam it in to get it to thread and have it strip it completely. Maybe I’ll go to lowes and see if I can find a longer bolt
Not a bad idea. Once installed, it makes a huge difference! It's nice not having to use the kick stand, especially when your hands are full or you're putting a bulkier object in the back and the kick stand is in the way.

Nikki-BDSQ22

Black Diamond
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question for those that have the hood Deflector on....
Did you use the double side tape that came on it or did you retape it? I put mine on and it made a whistling noise so I took it right back off. There were some gaps in the tape so I'm wondering if that might be the source. Also, should it go all the way to the edge of the hood or should I be able to see some paint below it?

Reactions: Cat

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to shift the plastic top bracket slightly with the other hand to align the holes. If not, it will not start and seems like you are tightening, but is is not. This was the trick for me.

Has anyone tried installing the IAG bars for the soft top? I just tried installing it and neither side bracket fits. The holes are just barely off. But enough that I almost stripped the holes where the screws go into the soft top support 😣 thankfully I got the oem bolt back in. But I am returning this product.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question for those that have the hood Deflector on....
Did you use the double side tape that came on it or did you retape it? I put mine on and it made a whistling noise so I took it right back off. There were some gaps in the tape so I'm wondering if that might be the source. Also, should it go all the way to the edge of the hood or should I be able to see some paint below it?
I had to take mine to the place that did my ceramic coating to polish it off in the area for the deflector.

They used the 3m tape that came with it. I haven't noticed anything so far.

I put mine all the way to the edge so you can't see any paint "below".

Broski5738

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
got this email today. would be discouraging if I hadn't taken delivery a month ago...
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group 1647708384141

stevensantee

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco obx 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You need to shift the plastic top bracket slightly with the other hand to align the holes. If not, it will not start and seems like you are tightening, but is is not. This was the trick for me.
Omg I finally got it. I did go get longer bolts. My man I was so worried it was going to strip it still. I hope I never have to take that bolt out. Lol

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you spot the difference?

Of course! Looks great. (I always do those puzzles where you find 6 different things in the bottom cartoon)

• Love

Sponsored

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

stevensantee

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco obx 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If anyone is wondering about mud flaps. I bought the ford $50 ones. I installed the back ones. The front ones I had the intention of cutting a hole in due to my step bar. However they also require you to drill into your flare, which in my case is painted. So I’m looking elsewhere for the front flaps. But just fyi if you buy them be prepared to drill into your flare.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All that from your dealer?!! Wow!
Yeah! It was more than what I expected when my salesman called and said they had some gifts for me. The Bronco t shirt hoodie is really nice and I’ll put that pint glass to good use. The other clothing items are all XL so a bit too big but overall a very nice touch from the dealership… before they screw me with ADM! (Just kidding I hope! lol they’ve been fine so far).

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still no Bronco *sigh* but got a nice bag of swag from the dealership!

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group D9DC44F3-5498-4173-965C-5B402C355F63
You got a haul, I asked my dealer for a hat and got nothing.
Sponsored