First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I assume that if you aren’t scheduled and have to switch over to 2023 then you may have to seriously consider what dealers are going to have better allocation for 2023? Is there any advantage of sticking with your current dealer if most everyone is at MSRP?
As of now, Ford isn't allowing transfer of orders from dealer to dealer, so we're stuck where we're at for the time being. It might give the smaller dealers a leg up, or it might not make a difference at all.
Sponsored

f3d

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX 2.7 Squatch HT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

welp, i guess this is one way to avoid delivering a product the year AFTER it's model year. Ford MBA's at it again fixing those important problems. :rolleyes:

Eruption883

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘78 F250 camper special, ‘19 GT3 RS, transit van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You didn't put in an order. The order banks closed on Mar 8th. They are not taking orders for 2022 model year vehicles.
I guess to be confirmed. Will check my paperwork at home later, but dealer was pretty clear that it was in fact an order, and I watched him punch everything in a generate an order number, after the system went "green" (his words). Sure hope it's an order!

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess to be confirmed. Will check my paperwork at home later, but dealer was pretty clear that it was in fact an order, and I watched him punch everything in a generate an order number, after the system went "green" (his words). Sure hope it's an order!
Congratulations on your Bronco Sport order! 🤭

Sponsored

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious. And I don't know the answer. I wonder if it's an order at the dealer, and not with Ford? The dealer creates their own 4 digit order code - mine was the last 4 of my phone number. Good luck, either way.

Eruption883

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘78 F250 camper special, ‘19 GT3 RS, transit van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious. And I don't know the answer. I wonder if it's an order at the dealer, and not with Ford? The dealer creates their own 4 digit order code - mine was the last 4 of my phone number. Good luck, either way.
Hmm, that sounds (unfortunately) likely. Will confirm later, and let you all know. Either way, I'm super excited to (eventually) get my Bronco.
MR

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
where do you see an order number? I received a confirmation from Ford, but didn't see a number anywhere.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
where do you see an order number? I received a confirmation from Ford, but didn't see a number anywhere.
I received an 'Order Summary' from my salesperson and it has all the info at the top... Order code, Sales code, Priority number, etc.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you sure your Dealer really placed an order? No orders are being allowed right now until the MY2023 banks open up. Ford shut it all down on March 5th.
You sure about that?

In the email Ford sent me, they were very specific that retail orders would be paused, not that all orders would be paused (dealer stock is not considered retail), does that mean that Ford is allowing dealer stock to be ordered under the 20-29 codes? No, not necessarily, but I find it interesting that they felt the need to use retail as a modifier on orders. Of course they also said they were going to prioritize current orders (just like they have been!) and I haven't seen anyone mention a change in the allocation formula that prioritizes (or even counts at all) reservation/orders already at dealerships.

I think it is just cover for them to build halo vehicles with the limited common commodities before ours.

In that scenario, I can see a dealer putting in a dealer stock order to a customers specifications. Even if they don't build it until next year, having dealer stock orders in the system just helps Ford plan for the future.

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received an 'Order Summary' from my salesperson and it has all the info at the top... Order code, Sales code, Priority number, etc.
Ahh, found it. Thanks.

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As of now, Ford isn't allowing transfer of orders from dealer to dealer, so we're stuck where we're at for the time being. It might give the smaller dealers a leg up, or it might not make a difference at all.
So this is maybe where I am confused. Will a converted order from 2022 to 2023 a higher priority that a fresh 2023 order?

In other words (if you did not have a reservation) are you placed into the same pool as brand new 2023 orders when the order banks open up for 2023? It appears that everyone who missed a 2021 scheduling had to reorder in October 2021 and if you or your dealer didn't initiate that new/converted order then you got 99'd automatically. How would Ford know your converted order was any different that a brand new order?

And if there is no difference to Ford and all 2023 orders are treated as new, then why don't I take my order from a backed up dealer with low allocation to a different dealer with a higher allocation? I would definitely stick with the current dealer for the order if all things are equal but if they are 100 orders deep and have 60 allocations for 2023, I am not waiting until 2024 for this vehicle.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this is maybe where I am confused. Will a converted order from 2022 to 2023 a higher priority that a fresh 2023 order?

In other words (if you did not have a reservation) are you placed into the same pool as brand new 2023 orders when the order banks open up for 2023? It appears that everyone who missed a 2021 scheduling had to reorder in October 2021 and if you or your dealer didn't initiate that new/converted order then you got 99'd automatically. How would Ford know your converted order was any different that a brand new order?

And if there is no difference to Ford and all 2023 orders are treated as new, then why don't I take my order from a backed up dealer with low allocation to a different dealer with a higher allocation? I would definitely stick with the current dealer for the order if all things are equal but if they are 100 orders deep and have 60 allocations for 2023, I am not waiting until 2024 for this vehicle.
All excellent questions, which I have no answers. I'm just getting started with my order, bit hopefully some veterans can chime in and enlighten us.
Guess if we don't get builds this year, we'll find how it all works next year. Maybe we'll be 2022 No VIN Gang.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yes, all good questions and no one here can say what is going to happen. Ford doesn't even know. History says there will be new 2023 orders getting delivered before original 2021/2022 orders.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You sure about that?

In the email Ford sent me, they were very specific that retail orders would be paused, not that all orders would be paused (dealer stock is not considered retail), does that mean that Ford is allowing dealer stock to be ordered under the 20-29 codes? No, not necessarily, but I find it interesting that they felt the need to use retail as a modifier on orders. Of course they also said they were going to prioritize current orders (just like they have been!) and I haven't seen anyone mention a change in the allocation formula that prioritizes (or even counts at all) reservation/orders already at dealerships.

I think it is just cover for them to build halo vehicles with the limited common commodities before ours.

In that scenario, I can see a dealer putting in a dealer stock order to a customers specifications. Even if they don't build it until next year, having dealer stock orders in the system just helps Ford plan for the future.
There is so much BS going on....it would not surprise me either. It's damn time Ford prioritized the customer...specifically the early reservation order holders as #1 priority to get completed.
Sponsored