toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
165,000 reservation number mentioned again in the video (as compared to the 150k the first time they disclosed). After the initial several week rush, reservations have clearly trailed off to a trickle, as one would expect.
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's pretty simple. Compressions, epi, ventilation, possible shock, some bicarb if it's been going for a while and repeat. I am guessing the Ford assembly line is set up not to have a ton of screw ups too

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

165,000 reservation number mentioned again in the video (as compared to the 150k the first time they disclosed). After the initial several week rush, reservations have clearly trailed off to a trickle, as one would expect.
Wonder what that the actual numbers will be after all the people who created multiple reservations cancels their extras.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder what that the actual numbers will be after all the people who created multiple reservations cancels their extras.
I think the general rule of thumb is that 40% of reservations are converted into orders

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed, makes no sense to release it towards the end of a normal model year and call it a 21.
Status symbol. 2021 Broncos available by reservation/order only.

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
In relation to the 165K number, I think there are very few duplicate reservations. My bet is duplicate reservations are largely confined to some readers/participants on this forum. That is a pretty small number.

Given the very low deposit - low enough to do as a lark or “just in case” - I think there is going to be a relatively high number canceling their reservation.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Status symbol. 2021 Broncos available by reservation/order only.
Potential PR issues with the appearance of not being able to deliver a "2021", could delay model year changes that unless they called them mid-year.... I guess we'll see. Let's just hope they are still able to deliver a lot of well made units on the current schedule.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In relation to the 165K number, I think there are very few duplicate reservations. My bet is duplicate reservations are largely confined to some readers/participants on this forum. That is a pretty small number.

Given the very low deposit - low enough to do as a lark or “just in case” - I think there is going to be a relatively high number canceling their reservation.
Think a lot of these double reservations belong more to dealerships than consumers. There will be a number of re-sellers who will try to flip popular cars to make a quick buck. I hold a ton of disdain for this behavior, but some will argue its just capitalism.

Dealerships, knowing that they will have no true allocations until 2022 will likely have salespeople, their spouses, kids, and dog reserve and purchase a Bronco, then try to turn around and sell far above MSRP, so be prepared for this to happen.

Wouldn't doubt that some guys, including guys on this forum right now are going to become re-sellers and try to rationalize why they picked up their Bronco, then sold it to "some guy offering big money".

Bronco is no hoax, it will sell and sell well. off roading and camping are not new or just a trend in the US or Canada. Sure, there are some new people to the fold, but I'd bet they always wanted to, just didn't know how to take a first step. Well, here we are.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the Explorer launch was doomed from the start. that plant is not good for Ford.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After the Explorer debacle, they need a win! Hopefully they don’t go bankrupt before the launch of the Bronco ?
I was just thinking out loud. What if Ford went belly up after the first 165K reservations were built and filled. Those first 165K would be like gold, you'd be a instant rockstar on the trails. Lol. Okay back to earth, Ford is'nt going bankrupt.

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Think a lot of these double reservations belong more to dealerships than consumers. There will be a number of re-sellers who will try to flip popular cars to make a quick buck. I hold a ton of disdain for this behavior, but some will argue its just capitalism.

Dealerships, knowing that they will have no true allocations until 2022 will likely have salespeople, their spouses, kids, and dog reserve and purchase a Bronco, then try to turn around and sell far above MSRP, so be prepared for this to happen.
If you read the dealer threads you’ll find they will be in hot water if dealer employees order vehicles that are not subsequently titled to that individual.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wouldn't doubt that some guys, including guys on this forum right now are going to become re-sellers and try to rationalize why they picked up their Bronco, then sold it to "some guy offering big money".

Bronco is no hoax, it will sell and sell well. off roading and camping are not new or just a trend in the US or Canada. Sure, there are some new people to the fold, but I'd bet they always wanted to, just didn't know how to take a first step. Well, here we are.
I hear you on the resellers but there's flip side. I have two FE's on reserve (One for me and one for my wife). But I have to admit if FE's are bringing $10k over sticker and my wife decides she wants a differnt vehicle, it will be very tempting not to flip her's. After all $10k will buy me a hole lot of Bronco accessories for mine, LOL.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you read the dealer threads you’ll find they will be in hot water if dealer employees order vehicles that are not subsequently titled to that individual.
I have, but money is a strong motivator and I'm sure dealerships are working on work arounds as we type.

If someone buys a car in cash, then sells it used, nothing a manufacturer can do about that. Remember all of the noise about the GT? Well, Ford isn't investing that type of money to track 100K Broncos. They'll be on eBay, etc from day one.

I in no way want to see this because I hate seeing people get taken advantage of, but the atmosphere is ripe for abuse on many levels here.

Really hope I'm wrong.
Sponsored