Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My designer experience is reminding me that, as any IT person will tell us, "Your monitor may display colors slightly different than someone else's." The same image may display differently on your screen from mine because fo the monitors, not because of the image. Working in design and photo apps all my life, I can't say how important this is. And when comparing color shades that only slightly vary, especially like the grays, blues and reds, this really is true, despite how nerdy it sometimes sounds.

No criticism whatsoever intended to the OP, whose original screen grab was really awesome quality and uses a brighter LED, seems to me. But below are the original (1), and below that is my own (2) also taken from the video. Not a huge difference, but the Cactus Gray and A51, in particular -- two colors a lot of us are unsure about -- really seem to be more green in my screen grab. Now let the discussion further percolate ;)

1597764816664.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 9.26.19 AM.png
That Area 51 is starting to look a lot like the French Blue that the MA Staties have on their cruisers. UGH...
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah...so it makes me wonder if the “Cyber Orange” would just look like a metallic School Bus yellow In person....??? ?
This is exactly what I thought when I first saw it.

"Wait. 'Orange?' Don't they mean yellow? Really? WTF?! 'Cyber?' Cyber what? Cyber school bus?"

Stared at pics for a few more seconds, closed gaping mouth, then:

"Honey, how much did I drink tonight?"

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If these are actual paint samples maybe they can ship these around to dealers so we can at least see real world paint samples in different lighting.
yeah,..the optics are off. painting the same item of different sizes can produce some wild effects without any manipulation.

if the photo is manipulated, or saturated with color or clarity it becomes a totally diffent color

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah,..the optics are off. painting the same item of different sizes can produce some wild effects without any manipulation.

if the photo is manipulated, or saturated with color or clarity it becomes a totally diffent color
Being under a shaded tent with the camera picking up the bright sky will change the colours.

I wouldn't put too much stock in any photo you see.

Seeing a video might be the best bet if you can't see it in real life.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out of the gate I was all about the A51 ...well that was until I found out it was pastel blue.

I've been making fun of the mint green (aka Cactus Grey)... but after seeing some pics with black tops and door handles instead of white I was starting to like it.

Now with these cans..... Iconic Silver it is!

Maybe the sports will hit the dealers before I have to order and I can see in person, but as long as these mood ring colors keep changing... I good ole silver with black accents will never disappoint.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think by Ford leaving out some color options they know they will create new buzz when they release those. I see it as Ford knows they will sale a ton of these right out the gate even if its not the color a person might want. In a couple years throw in some new colors and create more buzz.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seeing Cactus Gray and A51 right next to each other I am for sure going with Cactus Gray. Velocity Blue just looks faded and blah. Cactus Gray looks really close to what I was hoping for.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That section of video was color-graded or some lazy person just dropped a LUT file on it: Iconic Silver looks dark, Cyber yellow...I mean Orange looks dark, Rapid Red looks a bit dark, and that blue doesn't look like any Bronco-available blue we've seen so far. It looks like Lightning Blue like my F150 which would be my first choice, but that's not available.

Green... well, buyers haven't been taking greens like they did when the Explorer was introduced in the early 90s

Color is the hardest choice left available for me to make and while this was "neat" it didn't narrow it down for me.

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do they have a santarchy pub crawl in Tiki Dude land? Well, if they do, your suits will be very handy, but you won't be driving.

5da9d26c[1].jpeg
Hahahahaha. If I hadn't lived in Seattle for 11 years, I would not have been able to appreciate this as much.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

True ... black, white and "orange" are the consistent colors. I thought you were steadfast with AMB?? My "flavor" of the week is still Rapid Red. Seeing it in person the other day ... can't get it shake out of my brain.
I was but seeing Cactus Gray and then the Rapid Red, I am torn. Lolll I don't think I'll settle on a color until order time, I'm so indecisive it's so annoying :cautious:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Out of the gate I was all about the A51 ...well that was until I found out it was pastel blue.

I've been making fun of the mint green (aka Cactus Grey)... but after seeing some pics with black tops and door handles instead of white I was starting to like it.

Now with these cans..... Iconic Silver it is!

Maybe the sports will hit the dealers before I have to order and I can see in person, but as long as these mood ring colors keep changing... I good ole silver with black accents will never disappoint.
Oh s@#t don't say that, "pastel blue". That's the last thing in want to hear about a tough looking Bronco, in 'pastel blue'! Those are some nice looking cans, no matter what color you pick. ;)
Sponsored