Sponsored

What have you broken on your Bronco so far?

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I broke the record for miles. Six weeks, 11 states, 4200 and counting. Loving every single one too and Bronco is performing flawlessly. Might blow up today but so far so good.

Ford Bronco What have you broken on your Bronco so far? 3A184851-C048-45B6-9DC4-A6CA9EFA0989
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My F5 key seems to be on the fritz

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I broke one of the clips for the cover of the driver's side dash speaker.
Me to. Now the left forward corner no longer sits flush. constant reminder of what I did.
I was being careful with the trim tool but those nasty metal clips win every time

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to be the 1st of many to say windshield, also lots of trim clips while removing cargo area trim. So far I've been lucky on my only 2 off-road trips so far, nothing else broke.
Are you talking about the white push-in clips? I inadvertently pulled a few out while removing the soft top bracket covers and feel like I am going to break the cargo area plastic trying to push them back in.

It seems like a ton of pressure is required to clip them in compared to how easy they pulled. Leaving them out for now.

So yeah, per the topic: nothing broken, but definitely an annoyance and not "right".

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a lot of broken necks from people checking it out!! haha

Nothing broken... have some scratches on the wheels from offroading, couple paint chips in passenger door. Oh, the center channel speaker I installed is blown already, that count?

Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Me to. Now the left forward corner no longer sits flush. constant reminder of what I did.
I was being careful with the trim tool but those nasty metal clips win every time
I'm doing the 3 dash and 2 rear tonight, any tips?

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Couple of trim clips installing the start/stop disable module. I keep them on hand so no big deal. Also scratched a couple plastic panels a little using non trim removal tools, but a heat gun does wonders to get rid of those. Trim tools are in the tool box now.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, there's like 3 or 4 other clips so it stays in. Just that one corner sticks up a little. If I hadn't done it myself, I might not notice. Plan on ordering a replacement. Haven't heard it vibrate or rattle, thankfully. Not sure if it will once I get a more powerful speaker in there...
Exact same for me. I didn't break that clip but its obviously deformed. I'm going to try and "fix" the metal part so it holds that corner down better. I'm the only one that will notice, but it bugs me.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm doing the 3 dash and 2 rear tonight, any tips?
High quality trim removal tools, small picks/screwdrivers. Work your way very slowly around the perimeter and take your time. Once you get 2-3 of them moving it will come out OK, but that first corner is tough. Pick the one with the largest gap between the speaker cover and the dash (whichever that one is on yours).

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I broke my motor at 6600 miles.....does that count?

Sponsored

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I accidentally broke one of the clips on the tailgate vent.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hmmm …. I don't have one yet after 653 days, so I've only managed to break convictions:

I’ve broken my conviction that I would only get a 7MT (because I drove a 2.7 two door an liked it, and did not like the feel of the 7MT clutch but the pull to 7MT re-emerged after being shown it’s advantages at the Petersburg driving event)

I’ve broken my conviction to only get a two door and not be interested in a Raptor (because, well Ford offered me a golden ticket and got my dealer to agree to MSRP, and the suspension is cool, and it can tow 1000lbs more, and if the 2.7 is cool the 3.0 must be cooler, and it might get built earlier but it is just not as Bronco as a two door Badlands)

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did you break the horn cover? Because there's a known defect with them. Mine's starting to split and I've never even used it.

The only thing I broke was a tab off the plastic vent on the tail gate. But with the tail gate table it's not used anymore.
Same, plastic vent tab. Not a big deal and it was my fault. Note to others, if you are going to remove it, do it from the bottom.

CriticalB

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I broke the bolt that secures the soft top latch on the drivers side of the cargo area. I'm thinking it was overtightened at the factory because it sheared right off on the first turn of my socket. tried drilling it out and my bolt extractor broke in the stud. I finally gave up and drilled a new hole about 1/4" above the original.

Also stripped an accessory mount stud - I was being extra careful after breaking the first bolt and seeing another post here where someone broke their stud. I was torquing it down to 7 ft/lbs and the threads gave out at 6.
Sponsored