First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yikes, don’t do it. The 392 is not designed for boost, they blow easily. Even when changing out the bottom end and forging everything they’re still a liability. I know of way too many people who learned this the hard way.
Good point being I have owned so many 392 Mopars. The piston head cannot disperse the heat and will put a hole in it when Supercharged. Do a Pro Charger is a better way to keep the motor intact. And yeh maybe 85 plus HO but more than enough for a Jeep.
Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a Jeep and Bronco owner I chuckle at these videos. I drive my vehicles both on and off road and each vehicle has their deficiencies. For example, the Bronco does not have the articulation the Jeep has and throws tires in the air like it wants to Jeep wave while the Jeep confidently remains on the ground in the same set of circumstances. On the highway at higher speeds, my two door Rubicon is not as pleasant to drive as my 2 door Bronco and I thoroughly enjoy that experience created by the IFS and Bilstein shocks.

Now my 392 Wrangler absolutely obliterates the pavement in ways the Bronco could only dream and then off-road it eats up rocks too. So again these videos/comments while subjective are usually biased and people have a hard time being honest about the capabilities and deficiencies of their vehicles.
You make some good points, but your comments are obviously subjective and biased as well. I'm not an off road expert, but I watched just about all the reviews out there and most conclude the Bronco can hold its own against the Jeep. What other way can a 392 obliterate a Bronco on pavement besides zero to sixty time? Its still going to have vague and imprecise steering response. Yeah I get it if power is your thing, but even if it was my thing I wouldn't get either a Jeep or Bronco. That said, you may have money to burn (hopefully that is the case and not your kids education), but most of us have to choose between the Jeep and Bronco. That is where the Broncos better on road dynamics wins out in my opinion.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The JL is not bad at all on the highway. The 2 door JL is eh, but the 4 door is much better and the 392 is even better than that. Surprisingly can handle high speed cornering better than you'd think. I was shocked after the first few turns I took, especially having already owned a JL for the previous four years.
How does a bigger motor fix the sloppy steering inherent with a solid axle and recirculating ball steering?

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
But uhm hey please Jeep Wranglers owners I don’t want everyone owning a Bronco and waving at me😝 Damn my 2 door is just as bad ass as my 4 Door 😎

Despite the which is better, this is one of the best 2dr vs 4dr comparisons I've seen. This guy while plugging the 2dr understands and appreciates the obvious benefits of 4dr.

BeechAV8R

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Trophy Truck 7.0L LSX
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well there are a lot of Wranglers and Gladiators at for Dealerships nowadays:LOL:
There were sure alot of Jeep Gladiators (group of 20) on John Bull trail in Big Bear two weekends ago looking like they were having alot of fun. Thankfully my group of 2 came upon them at the end of the trail and not the beginning. I was impressed how well the long wheelbase Gladiators performed. They said it took 5 hours for the 20 to complete the trail. I'm hoping to see more Broncos enjoying the Big Bear trail system.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BeechAV8R

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Trophy Truck 7.0L LSX
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As an owner of the 392 I can attest to this statement being 100% truth. I am currently working with Whipple on making it a whole lot more fun too. My best friend is Dustin's right hand man so in a few months there will probably be a big blower under that hood.
I will love to see what you and the guys at Whipple come up with for the 392Rubicon and the numbers it puts down.
I've installed 2 whipple kits in the past. Whipple's kits are very complete down to the hose clamp.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a Jeep and Bronco owner I chuckle at these videos. I drive my vehicles both on and off road and each vehicle has their deficiencies. For example, the Bronco does not have the articulation the Jeep has and throws tires in the air like it wants to Jeep wave while the Jeep confidently remains on the ground in the same set of circumstances. On the highway at higher speeds, my two door Rubicon is not as pleasant to drive as my 2 door Bronco and I thoroughly enjoy that experience created by the IFS and Bilstein shocks.

Now my 392 Wrangler absolutely obliterates the pavement in ways the Bronco could only dream and then off-road it eats up rocks too. So again these videos/comments while subjective are usually biased and people have a hard time being honest about the capabilities and deficiencies of their vehicles.
This is the correct response. Every job has the correct tool. I'm not gonna get crazy and do extremely difficult obstacles in my new Bronco. Its IFS and toothpick tie rods says it wont do everything my SFA 1970 Bronco on 37s will do. I don't care what you drive if you're using it for what it was intended to do.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These conversations are so weird to me…🤦🏻‍♂️ “Bahahaha I bet these people I don’t know are super jealous of me.”

Are you all 12 and that self conscious you have to convince yourself everyone is more jealous of your mass produced vehicle over their mass produced vehicle? If and when Ford produces our Bronco it’ll park nightly next to our Jeep, I believe some of you might cry at the idea of that judging by these comments.
It's tribalism at it's finest: I have to justify the uncomprable awesomeness of what I own by any means, otherwise I might question the validity of my descisions.

Parallel case: all other groups must be wrong/false, because my group knows the real "truth". Giving them any credit means I am questioning the veracity of that 'truth'...

To paraphrase R.A.H. 'all names belong in the hat, because unless the universe gives us definitive proof - truth is mostly subjective..."

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
But uhm hey please Jeep Wranglers owners I don’t want everyone owning a Bronco and waving at me😝 Damn my 2 door is just as bad ass as my 4 Door 😎

For pavement use? And two of them? Agreed, I don't want everyone owning a Bronco. ;)

v8venom

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 392 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep owners are passed that they are not the owners of a unique, low production, hard to purchase at MSRP or less. They just hate having to wave at every tenth vehicle on the street. Or coming out of WalMart and being unable to distinguish their ride from the other 100 in the lot. They even hate that they can mount all the crap they want on their front bumper without a single warning light going off.

Although if they own a 2021 and up they just love having that teeny tiny appendage hanging out the back. Has anyone done a comparison side by side? "My dongle is bigger than yours" or does size of the rear camera not matter? Lol
You make some good points, but your comments are obviously subjective and biased as well. I'm not an off road expert, but I watched just about all the reviews out there and most conclude the Bronco can hold its own against the Jeep. What other way can a 392 obliterate a Bronco on pavement besides zero to sixty time? Its still going to have vague and imprecise steering response. Yeah I get it if power is your thing, but even if it was my thing I wouldn't get either a Jeep or Bronco. That said, you may have money to burn (hopefully that is the case and not your kids education), but most of us have to choose between the Jeep and Bronco. That is where the Broncos better on road dynamics wins out in my opinion.
My comments are not biased they’re based on real life driving lol You obviously have not driven a 392 to know that they vastly improved the steering and handling over the regular Rubicon. To someone’s point earlier, which I agree with, cornering in a JL is super sketch. I mentioned going high speeds in my two door aka above 80 was always an adventure. The Bronco handles that with no problem and definitely outshines the Rubicon in that aspect. Do I think the 392 corners better than the Bronco? No I do not but it’s very close behind it and can go around bends at 99 (it’s speed limiter) while switching lanes with minimal slop.

I don’t like the looseness of the steering wheel of the Rubicon but again it’s surprisingly better than you would think. The 392 is how every Wrangler should be built IMO as far as how it drives on the road, without the price tag of course.

To the guys saying don’t do a Whipple…this is the existing blower they make for Mopar and it will be under the threshold. I know the 6.2 is the stronger motor and Whipple has learned where the power should be at. If it blows well then we build something cooler.

oh and one part I missed…I’m not sure what your definition of holding its own is and in what scenario but in rock crawling which is what I do, the Jeep is better stock for stock. As I mentioned the articulation of the Bronco just can’t compete with a stock JL, for obvious reasons. Doesn’t mean the Bronco sucks off road or can’t compete just means in that very specific aspect it’s not as good whereas in other areas it may be as good or better than the Jeep.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DUUUVAL95

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These conversations are so weird to me…🤦🏻‍♂️ “Bahahaha I bet these people I don’t know are super jealous of me.”

Are you all 12 and that self conscious you have to convince yourself everyone is more jealous of your mass produced vehicle over their mass produced vehicle? If and when Ford produces our Bronco it’ll park nightly next to our Jeep, I believe some of you might cry at the idea of that judging by these comments.
What he said

I agree, it reminds me of when I was 12…my Schwinn is better than your Diamond Back! BWUAHAHAAAA!!!
Just sad

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What he said

I agree, it reminds me of when I was 12…my Schwinn is better than your Diamond Back! BWUAHAHAAAA!!!
Just sad
Unfortunately most here are not getting the thread message. The MESSAGE is Wrangler owners do not sell your Wrangler and lets keep the Broncos to their own. And Yes the Wrangler owners should be pissed since they were the only ones in the market and now they have to listen to what your saying is comparing one over the other.

Pug

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep Rubicon, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, if my Bronco Badlands ever gets built it will share the garage with my Wrangler Rubicon and Gladiator. Plenty of love to go around for all of these vehicles.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My vehicle mission is to pick up chicks.
1. Wife
2. Oldest daughter
3. Bloops (Twins)
4. New female beagle puppy.

I love these: "this vs. that" videos and comparisons. Which is better?
Which is better for what? What is the mission for your vehicle?

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Funny, cause as a Jeep owner I find my 392 in the parkin

My comments are not biased they’re based on real life driving lol You obviously have not driven a 392 to know that they vastly improved the steering and handling over the regular Rubicon. To someone’s point earlier, which I agree with, cornering in a JL is super sketch. I mentioned going high speeds in my two door aka above 80 was always an adventure. The Bronco handles that with no problem and definitely outshines the Rubicon in that aspect. Do I think the 392 corners better than the Bronco? No I do not but it’s very close behind it and can go around bends at 99 (it’s speed limiter) while switching lanes with minimal slop.

I don’t like the looseness of the steering wheel of the Rubicon but again it’s surprisingly better than you would think. The 392 is how every Wrangler should be built IMO as far as how it drives on the road, without the price tag of course.

To the guys saying don’t do a Whipple…this is the existing blower they make for Mopar and it will be under the threshold. I know the 6.2 is the stronger motor and Whipple has learned where the power should be at. If it blows well then we build something cooler.

oh and one part I missed…I’m not sure what your definition of holding its own is and in what scenario but in rock crawling which is what I do, the Jeep is better stock for stock. As I mentioned the articulation of the Bronco just can’t compete with a stock JL, for obvious reasons. Doesn’t mean the Bronco sucks off road or can’t compete just means in that very specific aspect it’s not as good whereas in other areas it may be as good or better than the Jeep.
Agree, I have not driven one you got me on that one. I think the 392 is super cool, but I can't bring myself to spend that kind of doe on any car, and I'm loving my Base bronco for 1/3 the price and 1/2 the price of high end Broncos. I do wish Ford offered normally aspirated options on lower end Broncos.
Sponsored