First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reminds me of Mad Max...it's the last of the V8s.

Too bad really. I haven't driven one but they sound freakin awesome.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not surprised.

It is on the EPAs shit list.
The EPA isn't to blame for this. The 2024 392 costs 94k for a base model in an economy where most people can't afford to buy a house. There's just not the market for a large number of them. Hell, they only sold ~12k in the initial model year, and luxury items like these have a very limited market, so I'm betting that they saw a decline of the next 3 years.

Sponsored

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

The EPA isn't to blame for this. The 2024 392 costs 94k for a base model in an economy where most people can't afford to buy a house. There's just not the market for a large number of them. Hell, they only sold ~12k in the initial model year, and luxury items like these have a very limited market, so I'm betting that they saw a decline of the next 3 years.
In addition to that they are very proud of those two extra cylinders. Compare to a rubicon x similarly configured other than the engine and it’s an eye opener.

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is because of the EPA. The same reason they stopped the TRX V8 and the rest of the Hellcats. The Bronco Raptor is in the same price range and it hasn’t been killed off yet so nullifies the argument that it’s economy driven.

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, if I had a place to store one, can you imagine how much this would be worth in 10 years?

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is because of the EPA. The same reason they stopped the TRX V8 and the rest of the Hellcats. The Bronco Raptor is in the same price range and it hasn’t been killed off yet so nullifies the argument that it’s economy driven.
Alright, then cite the EPA regulation that is "killing off" the 392. Or the EPA order to Stellantis stating the 392 had to be abolished. Yes, it's a class 2A vehicle, so it falls under the LightVic CAFE requirement, but that average is fleet wide, which is how Toyota has the 4Runner with a 16-19mpg along side their hybrids.

And yes, the Raptors are in the same price range, but Ford is still riding the high of "Truck to Have." The Raptor gets the same MPG as the 392, but North America is the second largest area for Stellantis and building a low-production vehicle with declining sales doesn't make sense.

For the record, North America is Ford's largest market.

Sponsored

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think so, Jeep and Dodge are killing off the V8's.
I wonder if they are rethinking that strategy now that the EV's are selling so poorly. Hertz is getting rid of most of their EV's since no one wants to rent them and they cost a lot more to repair according to Hertz.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I test drove the 392 before pulling the trigger on the Bronco. Great sound, but lousy steering and expensive. Plus I already have a 4-litre, dual-turbo v8 vehicle (MB AMG) with hybrid assist in the stable with way more power and better sound.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think so, Jeep and Dodge are killing off the V8's.
I wonder if they are rethinking that strategy now that the EV's are selling so poorly. Hertz is getting rid of most of their EV's since no one wants to rent them and they cost a lot more to repair according to Hertz.
They better be rethinking their EV strategy. Kia and Hyundai are killing it right now and it's only a matter of time before Chinese companies dominate the industry.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Welp, we can kiss a V8 Bronco goodbye

Gregus73

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I liked the 392. Was a bit pricey, but neat idea.
I would rather opt for the diesel, 442 lb-ft of torque is pretty decent, whereas the 392 has 470 lb-ft torque. The diesel can get around 600+ miles to empty as well. I would take miles to empty and decent torque over horsepower any day.
Sponsored