NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went to cast a vote. Stuck around to learn that the UPGRADED engine option in the Chevy TrailBlazer goes 0-60mph in 9.4 seconds. I wonder how slow the base engine is...
They are putting Communist China spec 3 cylinders in those crapboxes, I swear all manufacturers are on a race to the bottom, who can build the biggest pile of crap and still convince someone to buy it.
Sponsored

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would need a change of pants if Ford put the 7.3L in the Bronco.
For a different reason Jeep would also need a change of pants.
If they reveal a V8 option tonight, I'm going to lose it.

My family, none of whom give a crap about the Bronco, are going to think I'm nuts.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Concept". Okay. I have tons of concepts for fast engines in vehicles, but I've also seen those impact test crashes with the newer Jeeps. Like Joe Dirt, I am impressed by a Hemi, though.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they reveal a V8 option tonight, I'm going to lose it.

My family, none of whom give a crap about the Bronco, are going to think I'm nuts.
I don’t plan on doing the $100 deposit just because I like to see things in the flesh. But everything will change if they put a V8 in it, if the V8 has a Manual? Holy Shit.

Honestly a V8 Bronco is about the only thing that would explain Jeeps desperation to push the 392. Decent axle ratios, and a couple small turbo mills isn’t enough in itself to get Jeep riled up. There is something we don’t know about yet.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Word on the JL Forum is they have built 30 of these and they are going to production.

If they wanted to steal Fords thunder, they come out with a price cut, better reliabilty and stuff ppl have been asking for like a roof that doesn’t drench you when you open the door.

49% of Jeep customers can’t afford a Hellcat Jeep and 49% would spend their money elsewhere if they wanted a sports car.

Guess they’ll hook a few fish but this is just desperation in my book.
I'd only get a Jeep if I can build/find the 2dr Manual I'd want and walk out with the steal of a lifetime, nothing about them really wow's me when I can get a turbo manual Bronco, regardless of the cylinder count

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not only this cheap trick of a Wrangler with only Dana 44 axles ...
You do realize the Bronco is "only" getting a D44 ... Probably the same one in the rear and something weaker in the front.

Eff Jeep. It’s Ford’s big day, and they’re acting like that petulant, annoying 5-year-old yelling over a conversation, “Look at me, look at me!” Just eff them.
Ford would have done the same thing of they had anything worth showing during the JL reveal a couple years ago ... after the Bronco had been announced.

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
again competition is awesome for both brands! Now a 392 in a Wrangler???? So after you hit 100mph and get death wobble you can truly shit yourself into the after life

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only part the messed up was the day. If it had come out on the 9th, or earlier, it would have been a more broadly effective ploy.

I would guess the only good reason for the timing is to throw some questions in Ford's face about V8's they'd rather not talk about. Not that Jeep is in any better position after not doing it in 30 years.
Sponsored