First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thinks that's more likely on a mainstream F-150, but a specialty vehicle like the Raptor or Bronco would sell with a V8 just because the way it sounds. They want the sound to match the look.
I agree 100% with the sound.
ford v8s always win the “exhaust competitions” here at local car meets. Both in volume and favorites.

usually by the guy with a Custom 2005 Ford GT with 650+hp
Sponsored

KCBRUIN

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
you say that but talk to any owner of a f150 or anyone that has test drove a 2.7 and 5.0 back to back and I know a lot of people that wanted the v8 but chose the v6 because it felt better.
Well I have a 2018 5.0, and a 2018 3.5, and I struggle between which I like more so I can’t see me picking the 2.7 over either given the choice.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So are we going to rock krawl with that much horsepower? Are we trying to go down the dragstrip?Are we going going to hill climb? Are we going to let our dicks swing at the mall?

All of the above !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: and don't forget MUD BOGGIN' !!!!!!! Horsepower and torque always rule in any situation !!!! You can never have enough, it's just as American as apple pie.

Not to mention the SOUND of a V-8 :D:D:D:D

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I much prefer a naturally aspirated engine and yeah I agree the V8 sounds worlds better! The ecoboost's weedeater-like buzzing is pretty off-putting, regardless of whatever performance it has.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just don’t know how Jeep is going to make this thing practical. 400 horsepower and 430 torque is getting into “needing tons” territory if you’re going to be doing any serious off roading. I think it would honestly go into a more on-road focused wrangler and Jeep would leave it up to you to actually upgrade axles and running gear.

Sponsored

KCBRUIN

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just don’t know how Jeep is going to make this thing practical. 400 horsepower and 430 torque is getting into “needing tons” territory if you’re going to be doing any serious off roading. I think it would honestly go into a more on-road focused wrangler and Jeep would leave it up to you to actually upgrade axles and running gear.
Transmissio, and axles are on the Ram 2500. Just need to work on the axle width I guess.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Transmissio, and axles are on the Ram 2500. Just need to work on the axle width I guess.
Yeah... they could but a Jeep on Dana 60’s is going to be hella expensive. No way this thing would be less than $65k. People would pay it 100% though.

KCBRUIN

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah... they could but a Jeep on Dana 60’s is going to be hella expensive. No way this thing would be less than $65k. People would pay it 100% though.
But that’s the problem with the over priced Jeeps, because you can get a Ram 2500 with a 6.4 for less than $65k with front and rear lockers and a winch.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All of the above !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: and don't forget MUD BOGGIN' !!!!!!! Horsepower and torque always rule in any situation !!!! You can never have enough, it's just as American as apple pie.

Not to mention the SOUND of a V-8 :D:D:D:D
Ahhhh, and now I want some apple pie.

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just poking a stick for fun. Did anybody see Jeep dropped a teaser photo of a Wrangler hood with a 392 badge. 6.2 V8 motor 485 hp? Did ford shoot themselves in the foot with a small engine bay so it needs twin turbos to keep up with jeep?

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just poking a stick for fun. Did anybody see Jeep dropped a teaser photo of a Wrangler hood with a 392 badge. 6.2 V8 motor 485 hp? Did ford shoot themselves in the foot with a small engine bay so it needs twin turbos to keep up with jeep?
It’d be nice if that pic was posted in the OP...

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does it need twin turbos to keep up with the Jeep or is it the Jeep needs a V8 to keep up with the Bronco V6? We knew the twin turbo V6 was an option long before Jeep ever announced the V8.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to make a statement more than trying to make a better Jeep, if you ask me. ONLY trying to throw some shade on the Bronco reveal.
Pfffff...
Even less respect for Jeep now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.