North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is it just me or does this look fake? Like I can’t possibly see FCA putting this out there it seems like it was probably something someone made to spark debate lol
Looks like standard, authentic, FCA Jeep marketing material with standard uninformed salesperson drivel to soothe their nerves.

For FCA Jeep Management, they have a different way to soothe their nerves.

Ford Bronco Is FCA getting nervous? Publishes Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Info Sheet Guide Alka Seltzer
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm 100% Bronco, but I've almost purchased a number of different models of Jeeps over the years, but never wanted to pull the trigger for various reasons. I do however appreciate Jeep's history having almost purchased a 1947 wagon or a 1953 Hurricane to restore. Saying "they haven’t redesigned it since it’s inception" means you don't understand Jeep history so here is a good photo of all the generations of Jeeps.

Ford Bronco Is FCA getting nervous? Publishes Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Info Sheet Guide Alka Seltzer
I agree with you there @North7 , the basis of the body has always remained pretty much the same and that's not always a bad thing. Reminds me of when the Bronco's went with the wrap around headlight/turn signals in the late 80's early 90's, god I thought those were so ugly!

One funny thing to point out in regards to looks, take a peek at that Jeep with the square headlights (sorry don't know what year that was), but how long did that last again? From what I understand there was a HUGE UPROAR when Jeep did that. I can't wait to see how many people scream when Jeep does finally come out with a Wrangler IFS, it will be EPIC!!

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with you there @North7 , the basis of the body has always remained pretty much the same and that's not always a bad thing. Reminds me of when the Bronco's went with the wrap around headlight/turn signals in the late 80's early 90's, god I thought those were so ugly!

One funny thing to point out in regards to looks, take a peek at that Jeep with the square headlights (sorry don't know what year that was), but how long did that last again? From what I understand there was a HUGE UPROAR when Jeep did that. I can't wait to see how many people scream when Jeep does finally come out with a Wrangler IFS, it will be EPIC!!
Reminds me of when the Corvette went with the C7 with no round tail lights and everyone threw a fit.... then they did mid engine and man it was crazy with all the classic fans complaining lol

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m an off road vehicle junky. I like Jeep, ford, Toyota, what ever. I would love to own them all. So I don’t have a bias any way.

Here is my 2 cents. The bronco is between the 4Runner and a wrangler. It has the driving comfort closer to the 4Runner, and off road capability closer to the Jeep. It fills a big gap between the two.

The main advantage of a Jeep is this, you can buy one and lift the crap out of it, super easily. A rubicon will take 37s with just a 2” lift. 35s will fit on it stock. Plus, upgrades are incredibly numerous and reasonably priced (just try and buy an after market bumper for a 4Runner). Re-gearing for larger tires, lifting solid axles, and bumpers are all fairly easy things to get done and common.

The bronco, like the 4Runner, will be limited to 35s, without some major work. Basically, the badlands is going to be close to the max off-road performance you will get out of . That’s not bad, it obviously does really well. The difference is, the rubicon stock, is at its beginning of off road capabilities.

It’s great to see competition. And I think bronco crushed it. The engine options are better, the styling, it’s capabilities are great. Reliability will probably be better. But it ain’t going to kill the wrangler. It will compete really, really well with it.

personally I think where Jeep dropped the ball, is not making a IFS like the bronco. They should have filled that gap in their lineup and not let a competitor do it.

The 4Runner is the one that’s in real trouble. Weak engine, low tech, out dated. Reliability is the only thing it has going for it. The bronco is going to eat into the Jeep market, but it’s going to plow through the 4runner’s.

Sponsored

JRB45833

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow! All that time and effort to point out all the advantages the Wrongler has over the Bronco and yet there's no mention of the #1 feature that comes standard on every Wrongler sooner or later: DEATH WOBBLE!

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coincidence they released (the 4th? Lost count!) another tsb for the JL steering issue now that there's actual competition? I bet they'll spend $ to fix it now, whaddya wanna bet this one actually fixes the issue.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I still think ford should stamp an american flag onto the panel of the car because its actually made in america
That could be a tough ask. How would "Made in America" be defined? Only assembled? Assembled with only American parts? Not a dig, just curious.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not like Ford needs it but Jeep just gave them a checklist of what to include and improve upon.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was in this group lined up for a Gladiator and thinking that I may not be able to hold out - but then someone mentioned something here that has stuck with me as a solid fact now. "Compared to the Bronco, Jeep now looks so dated" - after thinking of it like that - it makes the wait real easy. I can't look at a Jp without thinking that line.
I ended buy the gladiator. But only because my needs changed. we bought a travel trailer that the bronco wouldn’t be able to tow. I would agree with you, I’m tired of the wranglers look. But The interiors are really nice with modern tech. I’ll be interested in the bronco truck, when it comes out. Hopefully it competes with the gladiators tow and payload capacities.

Sponsored

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep: Lower window lines on the doors is important when offroading so you can better see what's beside you.
Also Jeep: Taking the doors off is an important part of offroading....
Also Jeep: Sorry there were 3 fire related recalls on your 2012 Wrangler in the first 2 years.
Also Jeep: Sorry we won't be doing that airbag impact sensor recall for free because your have an after market bumper and it using the same 8 bolts as a stock bumper.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not like Ford needs it but Jeep just gave them a checklist of what to include and improve upon.
Not really. Other than a big v8 (which Jeep doesn't even have yet) and power soft top, I don't see anything on that list I'd like to see Ford adopt.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wranglers are badass and will always dominate in the hard core off road. The Bronco will do what I want better but its not going to be a better hard core off roader. You would have to be full retard to think so.
Give it time...

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The 4Runner is the one that’s in real trouble. Weak engine, low tech, out dated. Reliability is the only thing it has going for it. The bronco is going to eat into the Jeep market, but it’s going to plow through the 4runner’s.
It will be interesting to see how the Bronco affects the 2023 4Runner that will be based on an all new Tundra platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.