Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No complaints with the 10A or the 2.3L. It was more than adequate in my Ranger. I would buy it again.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The stuff people complain about. Didnt you test drive one?
Pretty sure nobody test drove one since we all ordered well before the vehicle actually existed.

I drove an eco-boost Mustang once, does that count?

Apparently Ford made some odd implementation choices with the Bronco Auto. Anyone who has driven a newer Ford would expect the +/- buttons to lock out higher gears (which apparently they do not) and other Fords with a 10-speed tell you which gear you are in.

Thus the auto doesn't behave like the one in a Mustang or an F-150, although it does try to chase the highest gear possible because of government test protocols.

I ordered a stick, because I HATE driving an automatic, but even with the stick Ford made odd gearing choices. Sixth is basically useless and 1st is geared so low that you might as well just use 2-5 and drive it like a 4-speed with a really goofy shift pattern.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32220

So the manual is probably better with the badlands 4.70 gearing rather than all the others 4.46.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love mine.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the manual is probably better with the badlands 4.70 gearing rather than all the others 4.46.
4.70 was pretty decent with 33s, probably would be with 32s as well. With 35s it's not enough gear, I'd like to go to a 5.13

Sponsored

LVBase

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150, 2013 PT Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love mine, I hardly know when it shifts or what gear it's in but it seems appropriate for the conditions. I was surprised to find it down shifts on its own going down hill some times when the speed is getting excessive. Base 2.3 10 speed.

Reactions: Jdc

STHenry

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 10AT in by Raptor works very well. The 10AT in my Bronco works well enough. If you are having major issues you can always use Forscan to put the transmission back into learn mode, or have the dealer reprogram the transmission for you. It might help.

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No complaints with my 21 F150 w/ 2.7 3.55gears 32" tires. No gear hunting issues and launches in Sport mode.

My Bronco 2.7 3.73 gears and 32" tires is fine after 3rd gear but has horrible throttle lag in first and second. Only have 300ish miles so far but haven't notice any gear hunting.

Ford limited the throttle in the Bronco compared to the F150. At any speed or mode the F150 has quicker throttle response and acceleration, even with taller gears.

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure nobody test drove one since we all ordered well before the vehicle actually existed.

I drove an eco-boost Mustang once, does that count?

Apparently Ford made some odd implementation choices with the Bronco Auto. Anyone who has driven a newer Ford would expect the +/- buttons to lock out higher gears (which apparently they do not) and other Fords with a 10-speed tell you which gear you are in.

Thus the auto doesn't behave like the one in a Mustang or an F-150, although it does try to chase the highest gear possible because of government test protocols.

I ordered a stick, because I HATE driving an automatic, but even with the stick Ford made odd gearing choices. Sixth is basically useless and 1st is geared so low that you might as well just use 2-5 and drive it like a 4-speed with a really goofy shift pattern.
Not sure when you ordered it, but most people waited a year plus. There were PLENTY of test drive opportunities if you bothered to look. Ford offered a trip to an all day Off Roadeo before many took delivery. Glad I could clear things up for you.

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I don’t know if the OP did or not but in my area, there were no broncos available for test drives. The dealers kept the demos on the showroom floor.
Sucks for you because there were dozens available for test drives if you called around before spending 40-50-60K. I realize that is a big ask to do a little homework before taking delivery during that year or so wait. Ford probably shouldve come door to door with the Broncos. First World problems, where they dont allow you to drive a car before you buy it.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure when you ordered it, but most people waited a year plus. There were PLENTY of test drive opportunities if you bothered to look. Ford offered a trip to an all day Off Roadeo before many took delivery. Glad I could clear things up for you.
Sucks for you because there were dozens available for test drives if you called around before spending 40-50-60K. I realize that is a big ask to do a little homework before taking delivery during that year or so wait. Ford probably shouldve come door to door with the Broncos. First World problems, where they dont allow you to drive a car before you buy it.
Wow, you make a lot of assumptions about people and their situations.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, I wasn’t complaining about the bronco. Second, I checked around quite a few dealerships and NONE had one to test drive. Third- many, many people reserved and ordered without driving one since they weren’t out there to drive for many of us. Fourth-keep your smart ass comments to yourself. I simply stated a fact for many of us.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, you make a lot of assumptions about people and their situations.
Well you know what they say about people who make ASSumptions…….

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The stuff people complain about. Didnt you test drive one?
Do you think there was a chance to test drive a bronco before we bought one?

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think there was a chance to test drive a bronco before we bought one?
Yes. Several. Unless you signed the paperwork as it came off the truck. If you are really suggesting that you couldnt drive one before buying then Ive got a bridge to sell you.
Sponsored