Sponsored

Anyone add manual swaybar disconnects to their rig?

Bing

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone had any manual swaybar disconnects to their rig? I randomly fell into a Black diamond about three months ago and find myself wanting more features. I was up in Northern Michigan last weekend and busted a CV axle, but that's another thread. Lost some confidence in the Bronco.

However, I like the ride and way it looks, but not sure if I should continue to add upgrades to my existing rig or just put in an order for a higher level trim package.
My apologies but I haven't researched the manual sway-bars topic for a Black Diamond. Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
-Brad
Sponsored

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are several companies that are offering manual disconnects. Google Sasquatch Links from AC FAb or just take a wrench , the correct allen wrench and a zip tie/bungee/velcro strap.

Probably takes 10 minutes to do it with the proper tool. Caveat ..... my Bronco is still on order so the info is worth what your paying.

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@kodiakisland has a black diamond and has added a manual swaydisc to it. He has a nice build thread and gets as much out of a black diamond as anyone here.

EDIT. I stand corrected. I guess he manually disconnects it himself and zip ties it up.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your Black Diamond is not Sasquatch, it will have the smaller M190 front diff with their own unique CV axles. I'm sure somebody has broken an M210 CV axle too, but I just haven't seen it yet. You can now buy HD CV axles direct from Spicer.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AC Fab, Oscar is a nice guy and is on this forum. Many threads on here about install. However, they're labeled Sasquatch links. I don't know if thats a marketing thing or if theres a fundamental difference in swaybars sas vs non sas.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, several have. I guess I look at what happened to @SFAforester and his manual disconnects and have just stuck to 10 minutes with an impact wrench and zip ties. Definitely increases articulation.

DDraht

Outer Banks
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, several have. I guess I look at what happened to @SFAforester and his manual disconnects and have just stuck to 10 minutes with an impact wrench and zip ties. Definitely increases articulation.
Did a quick search & can't find the thread you are referenceing. Are we talking failure or breakdown while disconnecting /reconnecting?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did a quick search & can't find the thread you are referenceing. Are we talking failure or breakdown while disconnecting /reconnecting?

In his thread about the Mexico trip. End links wore through from daily rough driving and then caused more damage. Not a problem if you are inspecting them daily, but not something I want to deal with when I can do the same thing for the cost of a zip tie. Mine will rarely be connected anyway.
Sponsored