Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know if the BroncBuster will work with the HOSS 3.0?
Sponsored

Shawntrex

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does applying one of these tie rod sleeves void any warranty?
^^^^ I have the same question. There are some saying that installing one of these upgrade options could simply transfer the issue to the steering rack. So if I damage my steering rack, will Ford deny the claim saying I modified the steering system and caused damage? It seems to me they would much rather process a warranty replacement of a broken tie rod vs. an entire steering rack.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the tie rods that are on the Hoss 3.0 as well as the Raptor. Hoping this will mitigate any issues and will probably install the heavy duty rack and pinion once they get the calibration / programming down.
I like this solution and is what I want to do to mine. I know that some people say that even the Hoss 3.0 tie rods are still relatively small but for my 33 inch tires, the increase in diameter of the tie rod should be more than enough for my needs.

Can you tell me how much the tie rods are? Do you have a part number? And do you know for sure yet if the 3.0 tie rods will fit on the regular rack?

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
^^^^ I have the same question. There are some saying that installing one of these upgrade options could simply transfer the issue to the steering rack. So if I damage my steering rack, will Ford deny the claim saying I modified the steering system and caused damage? It seems to me they would much rather process a warranty replacement of a broken tie rod vs. an entire steering rack.
I'm weighing all this myself. One question. If a tie rod breaks, when and where will it happen?
On my drive way is fine. On a slow forest road is fine. On a narrow ledge at 9,500 feet as the sun is going down? Going down Black Bear Pass.....I' m dead. Wheeling with a group of young mechanics is fine.

Right now sleeves and the BroncBuster bushing seem like a good balance of prevention and "what if." Doing everything available or doing nothing has some degree of what if.

Sponsored

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the sleeve idea because it is inexpensive and simple. I believe it should give increased stability and strength to the weak spot in the tie-rod. However, here is my concern with sleeves. After installing and driving hundreds or thousands of miles in dust, dirt, sand and mud, all this will collect in between the sleeve and the tie-rod and directly on the threads. Then if/when adjustments need to be made, all that grit and gunk will mess up the threads and possibly bind making adjustments very difficult.

Could an o-ring be placed at the top of the threads on the tie-rod and prevent dirt getting to the threads? Or some sealant be placed in the gap?

Thoughts?

Leland

Raptor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Mustang MachE GT, Raptor, Subaru (2)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like this solution and is what I want to do to mine. I know that some people say that even the Hoss 3.0 tie rods are still relatively small but for my 33 inch tires, the increase in diameter of the tie rod should be more than enough for my needs.

Can you tell me how much the tie rods are? Do you have a part number? And do you know for sure yet if the 3.0 tie rods will fit on the regular rack?
Here are the numbers
Inner tie rods: NB3Z-3280-D
Outer tie rods: NB3Z-3A130-B and NB3Z-3A130-C
Ok the numbers do price but do not come up in my catalog
the rack is 1565.04 the inner tie rods are 227.78 each
the outer tie rods are 174.45 each everything but one outer
tie rod in stock and there is no release date on it.
Not sure if they will fit yet, waiting on their arrival.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the sleeve idea because it is inexpensive and simple. I believe it should give increased stability and strength to the weak spot in the tie-rod. However, here is my concern with sleeves. After installing and driving hundreds or thousands of miles in dust, dirt, sand and mud, all this will collect in between the sleeve and the tie-rod and directly on the threads. Then if/when adjustments need to be made, all that grit and gunk will mess up the threads and possibly bind making adjustments very difficult.

Could an o-ring be placed at the top of the threads on the tie-rod and prevent dirt getting to the threads? Or some sealant be placed in the gap?

Thoughts?
Just use anti-seize paste on the threads of the inner tie rod.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So silly newbie question - I have a stock OBX and no off road experience. It will see forest service and gravel roads and maybe the occasional trails that its 32” tires and stock clearance can handle.

How much concern should I have over the tie-rod “situation”? I hear all the talk about the weak tie-rods, just don’t have enough info to put it in perspective for my case.
In your particular usage case you should have zero concerns. That said, buying a spare inner tie-rod for $60 and throwing it in with your recovery gear is cheap insurance just incase.

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In your particular usage case you should have zero concerns. That said, buying a spare inner tie-rod for $60 and throwing it in with your recovery gear is cheap insurance just incase.
Thank you!

Sponsored

Shark1247

Badlands
First Name
Kelly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The OP needs to list the REAL steering fix !!! Not the list of band aids available....

Here it is folks the HOSS 3.0 Steering Ford Performance steering rack and HD tie rods. And here's the part number for the complete kit. Mine is getting installed tomorrow morning.

NB3Z*3504*M
What kind of price was it?

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the BroncBuster will work with the HOSS 3.0?
I wouldn't think any of the splints/sleeves in this thread would work as they are all meant for the smaller 14mm tie rod.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jeez, that list got spendy fast.

Hopefully I can simply buy some tie rods and swap if they break**

**when available without being an***y dry ra**d.
There is a thread on here I can’t find right now but I believe they said ‘04 ranger tie
Rods fit and are cheap to carry in vehicle.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

depends if your dealer like you or not haha jk... but i showed the brace to my dealer and they are putting it on their own personal broncos. For me at least... the brace does not void the warranty. however if I had swapped out the tie rod to an aftermarket one like the fabtech one, then that can potentially void the warranty on parts of your suspension. really its up to the dealer since they still need to get reimbursed by fomoco for any warranty work.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs