Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No.

Reservation holders have price protection through 2023, and Ford won't cut anything major until after the reservation system ends. Everglades and Raptor are also already confirmed to 2023, so nothing is being cut except for some minor accessories/options/colors.

I do expect 2023 to be the last year for Everglades though. (No proof, just a guess.)

Internally there is really only 4 "true" trims:
  • ESOF 2-door - 2-door Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks
  • ESOF 4-door - 4-door Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks
  • EMTC 2-door - 2-door Black Diamond, Badlands, Wildtrak
  • EMTC 4-door - 4-door Black Diamond, Badlands, Wildtrak
But, by giving each trim the ability to access the Sasquatch package they really muddied the waters a lot.

Last edited:

TheAaronPerry

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would they? I don’t understand this logic they have too many trim levels.

The Jeep Wrangler has about 12 trim levels (many offered in a 2 or 4 door) plus 3 for the 4xe and like 9 for the gladiator. What does Ford have? 8 including the Raptor?? I don’t think it’s too many. Most people gravitate towards the trim level they want. I’ve seen it on this forum many times. Different strokes for different folks. Trim levels to support all types of buyers.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If Ford would have asked me (they didn't) I'd have gone back to the base, Sport, Ranger and Explorer trims (which would have confused everyone even more since those are all separate models now).

Base would include the BB options but no SAS.
Sport would be the BD, SAS optional from this point on.
Ranger would be the BL
Explorer would be the OBX

WT would be option package on Sport, EG option package on the now Ranger. We wouldn't need a Heritage option because white tops would have been standard at launch but color HT would be available on the Explorer.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish Ford would have just started with a single Base trim and allowed you to choose every option you wanted a la carte.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No, it’s standard to offer a zillion trims and special editions in this segment now (Jeep)

TripleSe7en

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door, 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The difference between trim levels and packages is really just semantics and organization IMO

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The better foreign brands offer fewer trims and options choosing to consolidate configurable models in an effort to control build complexity and therefore increase efficiency and quality. This doesn’t harm the consumer. When we bought our first Acura, you chose between two engine choices, two transmission choices, interior color, exterior color, tech or no tech and maybe an “s” package. Overly complicating a build process is a very modern western car culture. Ford initially understood this when he pioneered the assembly line. You can have any color so long as it’s black. With supply constraints, offering less configuration to increase quality on the line is a good thing. How many times have we read here, it’s insulting to launch new trims while the five trims that were offered on day reservations have not all been built. The constraints list is real and dealers were jumping in line on the mere fact that a no option big bend could be built while a loaded Wildtrack, hard top, lux, tow was difficult to acquire.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe they offered these many trims in order to watch how the buying public reacted. Once the reservation back log is cleared, Ford will fine tune the trims to the ones which turned out to be the best sellers. I do think Ford will introduce a special trim for each model year. These special trims most likely will run for at least two years. Just my guess.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Everglades and Raptor are also already confirmed to 2023
Do you have a source on the Everglades confirmation? I've read this here in the forum but not seen it from Ford(Mike Levine not withstanding)

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To lower costs. Ford is faced with substantial cost increases from suppliers and will raise prices significantly on MY23 as a result.

RNC

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
With the current offerings, it doesn't appear that the Bronco has lost any appeal. Ford seems to be selling all they can make, and then some. Their business model is working, for them.
Sponsored