Sponsored

[Update: Ford actually helped and I got it back] Dealer sold my Bronco before it’s built.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope pretty much just we sold it to somebody else that put a $5000 deposit down and there’s nothing you can do about
I'd have been right there at the dealership TODAY raising total hell. I'd have made sure everyone in there knew my custom order was stolen. I'd go scorched earth on their asses on social media. Hell, I'd pay the big bucks to rent the nearest billboard to the dealership.
Sponsored

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealers like that ruin it for all the good ones. I hate that while watching these threads, I somehow feel ‘lucky’ to have had a dealer who honored everything they said instead of just expecting it as a matter of course.

Not a pitchfork guy but good ones definitely should be praised and bad ones deserve to be vilified.

OP
OP
Sjk

Sjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My name is Mustang Mike with Brewster Ford. I personally want you to know that not all dealers are like this and that we would have never done so to you. How far upstate new york my friend? May we communicate privately, I'm curious to know more and eager to see if I may assist in any way with this situation. Please note I am a Sales rep at a different dealer and not associated with Ford Corporate so my pull may be limited but I sympathize with your situation as nobody should have to go through this.
I am in Ormond Beach Florida now dealer is in next town over

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Imagine being the kind of person who buys a car out from under someone who actually ordered it and has been waiting years.

The dealer is scum, but so is the POS human who's "buying" it at a big markup and willfully fucking you.

OP
OP
Sjk

Sjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dealer just called me back and offered me a wild tracks at 10 K over MSRP LMAO. like I will spend a dime with them or on any for product if my original order doesn’t go through at MSRP

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would have given out the dealers name and calling Ford to see if they can do something sense it has not been delivered and file a report with BBB and anyplace else I can find .you be amazed what reporting business to BBB can do .

NamVet66-67

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sport V6 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How were you able to order it without a deposit?

Do you have anything in writing, i.e., not in electronic form?

I did all of my ordering in person at the local dealership and was continually bugging the salesperson that I worked with about it. Having an actual signed document as part of my order was as much for my protection as to protect the dealership.

If I were in your position, I would print out the whole set of email conversations and go talk to the dealer in person.
To Order your vehicle without a deposit isn't that strange. How well is your relationship with the said dealer, how many or often have you made a purchase from that dealer, all play into the question of the amount for the deposit.

NamVet66-67

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sport V6 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer just called me back and offered me a wild tracks at 10 K over MSRP LMAO. like I will spend a dime with them or on any for product if my original order doesn’t go through at MSRP
No, and HELL NO!

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tell them to sell it to the person stealing yours.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sjk

Sjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Light up the dealer. Put their name on blast, if that’s what actually happened.
Not listing dealers name until after I contact ford on Monday. From previous issues I’ve read on this form they’re less likely to help you if you bash them first

OP
OP
Sjk

Sjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not listing dealers name until after I contact ford on Monday. From previous issues I’ve read on this form they’re less likely to help you if you bash them first
I was really just looking to see if people that had similar issues had any luck getting it resolved and if so what steps did they take

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These dealers are under serious threat when not meeting the name match on orders. Whatever you don’t reply with emails or sign anything giving the dealer an out on not selling to you.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Smart, but the hounds are baying at the gate. Be prepared to release them. Make sure you have all your proof of the order and then a written email or text from them telling you they will not sell you your own order and have sold it to someone else.
Sponsored